Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Meso 2 Disc 16/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, a 20 minute spin and 10 minutes of Pilates. We got a pretty good thunderstorm through during my workout and the temperature is starting to drop. We woke up to a temperature of 70, and they are now saying we will be in the 20s tonight. Weird weather.

Thelma, great workouts. I am amazed you did Bulgarian squats with your leg on a chair! But that is a great idea to hold on to something for balance. Like Laurie, my issue these days is stability more than anything. You are so right that I would be best just to avoid garden centers all around this spring, but I am not sure DH would quite go for that. Actually, now that I think about it, he might celebrate staying away from them because it means less work for him. :D;)

Laurie, great workout. That Meso 1 Leg workout really did hit differently, and I am feeling it today. I think if I ever do a full STS 1 and 2 rotation, I would include the Meso 1 workouts if only because they are very different from all of the other forms of lifting in both series. I think a Meso 2 and 3/STS 2.0 rotation only might get a little boring after awhile. Thanks for the recommendation on returning our pots to the garden center. I hadn’t even thought about that. I hate just throwing them out (which is why they are under the deck) because they are still usable.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My workouts on Wednesday were Walking, mobility and Gina B. Hiit Walk. My body was tired today even though I slept very well last night.

Laurie, great workout! Those are innocent looking workouts, but you do feel them the next day! LOL

I can't remember where I read that you still get good benefits by doing the Bulgarian squats while holding on and even without weights.
    Another thing I read was from some trainer that he likes to have his clients hold on to something while they do lunges static lunges because it allows people to hold a heavier weight.

It's too bad the maintenance people can't keep their area decluttered and clean.
    I thought your dd was going to wait a while longer to do those renovations. Good for her for getting it done now though. Thank goodness your DH is handy!
    It really is true that appliances don't last long these days. I think our appliances are 9 years old.

Laurel, great workouts!
    We didn't get a lot of rain, but the wind was scary. It got pretty cold here with that wind. I was raw. We're also dropping into the mid to high 20's tonight. We have chances of rain on Friday and Tuesday, but the rainy week predicted didn't happen!

I was very happy to have been able to do the Bulgarian squats and the step ups. Talk about a game changer situation for me now!
    Definitely hold on to your weight rack, Laurel! At least you can hold a weight while doing it!

I bet your DH will love to stay away from the garden center! Think about it, you'll have more time to play golf! I've given up on buying plants that go into the ground here. I'll stick with my container gardening.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This mornings Michelle workout was Kickbox Cardio. I used my 1# egg weights, and kept it low impact.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! Yep this is very weird weather, we are now in the teens. They are saying we are going to warm up this weekend. Those Meso 1 workouts are tough, just wish that they were not so long. :) I had my hair done yesterday, and dd and I where talking about house plants. I just purchased some soil specifically for my snake plants that need repotting, and those pots would also be great for anything like that. I was really into indoor plants years ago, and then didn't have any for a long time. When dh's mom passed away she had all these plants. The youngest and I kept some of them, but now we have an over growth problem.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I had a hard time getting up this morning, like you my body was tired. Of course kickboxing is always a fun option for me when that happens. DD's renovations will take a while, she just got estimates for everything that she wants to do. This way she knows what to expect. They will be tackling the little projects, like replacing her sink in the downstairs bathroom. She will be tackling the hardwood floors gradually. Funny thing is the refinishing of the floors wasn't overly expensive.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Rhythmic Step followed by Cathe Live Core Flow Express. I surprised myself on the step workout because I started on 4”, and about 20 minutes in, put it up to 6” and finished the workout at that height. I have gone down to a 4” platform for step workouts with a lot of pivoting moves on the step because of my knees, but, for whatever reason, today everything felt good at a higher step. I keep thinking my step days are coming to an end (because they are :) ), but not today.

Thelma, great workouts despite a tired body. My body was tired yesterday as well, and I blame the weather change. DH and I sit outside after dinner most nights with a cup of tea, and it was downright cold last night!! I was surprised how much that temperature dropped yesterday. Both DH and I want to get back to playing more golf, so you are definitely right that he will happily give up some plants to do that. I am going to give up on tomatoes this year because something keeps eating them and we tried everything last year to prevent it…..and nothing worked. So I think we will do some basil and hot peppers, which we grown in containers, and a couple of flowering plants and call it a day. At least that is the plan pre-nursery visit. :D

Laurie, great workout. I have a house full of plants, not helped by the fact that I have four outdoor plants that I am housing this winter. It takes me a very long time to water them. I have a question since you mentioned by DD. My sisters and I FaceTimed last night, and one of my nieces is engaged….and things are not going well. She is a certified stylist, and one of her concerns is that she will never get benefits working in her profession. Does your DD get benefits from Ulta? I’m just curious because I would love for my niece to feel like she has some options available to her.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies! My workouts on Wednesday were Walking, mobility and Gentle Yoga for Hips and Back. It was an exhausting day! We had to get up early because I had an appointment 90 minutes from BR and I didn't sleep well. We got back home shortly after 12:30. I got something to eat, then went to PT.

I am 9 weeks post op, ladies! I graduated to wall pushups today! You have no idea how happy that made me. I was like a kid in a candy store. I walked out of there with a smile from ear to ear!
    Driving time is coming up too. I am not looking forward to that though. I like to have DH drive me around. LOL. My mobility is really coming along quite well. I burned 160 calories during PT today! The arm bike and the pushups helped burn some calories.

Laurie, great workout! Kickboxing is always a lot of fun.

Great idea for your DD to get estimates of the renovations she wants to do!
    How's the grand baby doing? Is he still at your house? How is Rocket with him?

Laurel, great workouts and how wonderful that your knees were able to handle a higher step!

I have to admit that I love the cooler temps. I am not looking forward to the hot summer days. Our weather guy keeps saying our weather will be warmer and rainier than average.
    I would love to get a cilantro and a basil plant. The problem with those plants is that I don't use a lot of either of them. I suppose I could find more recipes that use them!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Giant Sets Total Body and a fun 30 minute spin. I was kind of dreading the total body workout, but once I got going, it felt really good today.

Thelma, great workouts and great news on your shoulder! Wall push-ups means you are fully on your way back. That is so wonderful! But it does sound like it was a long day. I am not quite ready for summer temperatures yet either. A strange thing has happened in the last month or so in that I am actually getting cold again, and so in the evenings DH and I will crawl under a blanket and watch TV together. I haven’t been able to put a blanket over me like that since 2014 when the hot flashes first started. So now that I am rediscovering the joys of being cozy cold…..the weather will turn and I will be back to sweating 24 hours a day. :# We use quite a bit of basil. I have grown other herbs, but basil is the only one I reach for with any regularity. And I love the way it smells. We have our plants right outside our porch door, and every time I walk out, I get the aroma of basil which makes me smile.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was busy on Saturday and a little more relaxed on Sunday.

My workouts on Friday and Saturday were Walking and mobility.
    Sunday - Tracy Steen Knee Friendly Leg Day, Walking and mobility.

Laurel, great workouts!!

I am finally on my fully on my way back. Thursday was a very long day. I didn't even want to go to PT, but the wall pushups at the end of the session perked me up.
    I know exactly what you're talking about getting cold again. What a great feeling! I'm so happy for you! I've bundled up a lot more than I ever did in MA, here in GA! I've worn long johns and even a hat, which I never wore in MA! I can't believe it's taken you 10 years!

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was good though not as productive as we hoped it would be due to the weather. We woke up to heavy fog both days, but Saturday it cleared out mid-day. Yesterday it didn’t clear until late afternoon. We had hoped to put the final touches on our under deck project that we did at Thanksgiving, but it was much too wet for that. So Saturday we ran a bunch of errands, then took a really long walk when the weather was clear. Yesterday I spent the entire day cleaning the house from top to bottom. It took me all day, but I am so happy to have a huge bulk of spring cleaning done in a day. DH worked on a puzzle while I was doing that, :D Actually that is exactly what I wanted him to do because for the type of cleaning I was doing yesterday, I prefer to be left on my own.

For workouts, on Saturday I started with Cathe’s live workout from last week which was Cardio Core Express. It was one cardio move followed by one standing non-weighted core move for 10 rounds. For all the cardio moves, she started with a low impact option. I really enjoyed this workout. I followed it with Peloton yoga. Yesterday was a 60 minute spin followed by 30 minutes of Peloton Pilates. And today was STS 2.0 Upper Body 2 followed by XTrain Hard Strikes cardio only and Core 1. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. Glad you enjoyed a nice weekend. I am not too surprised it has taken me 10 years to start feeling cold again. I have always been on the warm side, which is why I have always kept the house under 65 degrees in the winter…..much to DH’s displeasure. >:) But it feels wonderful to think I am veering back into the range of being mostly normal again. It just happened so quickly…..but I love it!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies! My workouts on Monday were Walking, Gentle Yoga and mobility.

We may get some rain this afternoon and tomorrow morning. I'll believe it when see it!

Laurel, great workouts and good job cleaning the house! Sorry you couldn't work on your deck, though. It really was a very foggy weekend. How lucky your DH decided to do a puzzle while you cleaned the house!

I think that if I hadn't discovered the calcium, magnesium, zinc supplement for hot flashes, I would've had them for a very long time too. I'm so glad you're veering back into the normal range.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a nice day off, and of course ending the week taking care of the little one. Unfortunately I now have a really bad cold. I have not been able to work out, the headache is crazy. This morning I overslept, so I think that is probably something that my body needed. I woke up with an eye that was stuck shut though. :D Hope to be able to work out tomorrow, and it will be something that isn't to intense.

Laurel, Awesome job with all the workouts! Sounds like your weather is very cooperative for you to get your projects done. We had some severe thunderstorms last night, and I slept through all of it. Guess I was tired. My youngest does get benefits from Ulta. Ulta requires you to be full time, and that was helped by Covid for her. Right now she is the highest paid stylist that Ulta has. DD loves working there.

Thelma, Great job with all the workouts! So happy for you on all the wonderful news from PT! I really don't have hot flashes anymore. It sure is wonderful, like you said to put those covers on again. This morning was one of those days that I just wanted to stay in bed under the covers.

Sorry that this was so short, it is just a crazy week here at work. Yesterday was super busy, guess that is because of the invoices that come in at the beginning of the month.
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Lower Body 1 and a pretty light 30 minute spin. I really pushed the weight in the leg workout so that spin still felt tough to me.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope you are getting some rain. It has been raining on and off all morning and we may get 3-5 inches between today and Friday. I would like to think if that happens, we may finally get out of our ‘unusually dry’ conditions. Things are really beginning to bloom here, especially at lower elevations. But I noticed we have little leaves budding on our hydrangea, so spring is just around the corner.

Laurie, I’m glad you enjoyed your time with your grandson, but I am sorry about the cold. Keep listening to your body because it sounds like it wants some rest right now. Thank you for the information on Ulta. I just would hate to see my niece commit to a marriage because she doesn’t think she can support herself with her chosen profession. Hope things settle down at work for you.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Walking, Mobility and Kaleigh Cohen Legs, Glutes and Thighs. I really, really liked Kaleigh. My legs were feeling the workout, which was wonderful. She actually used ankle weights during the entire workout. I think it was so that she wouldn't have to be taking them off/on. I used my 1# ankle weights and I think I'm going to use them for all my workouts going forward because I feel they to a new level.

I finally remembered to ask my PT if I could wear a weighted vest, and he said I could. Yaay! I now have to decide which one to get.

I visited our local library for the first time and got a library card. I'm reading a paper book after having been reading using my tablet. It's a weird feeling! I didn't think I could, but I'm reading two books. Kindle has a reading challenge going, so in order to keep earning achievements, I have to read every day, which I'm loving. I still can't believe I'm reading books! LOL

We are getting a good dose of rain, and more is predicted for Friday and Saturday.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice day off, but I'm sorry you're so sick! I hope you feel better soon.
    Check out Kaleigh Cohen's YT workouts. I think you would like her, and she has 30-minute workouts. She has two channels; one is strength, and the other one is cycling as in spinning.

I hardly get hot flashes anymore, and when I do it's because I'm eating too much sugar.

Laurel, great workouts! Good job pushing yourself. What workouts do you use your weighted vest for?

Like I said above we are getting serious rain. Thank God! I'm sure there will be floods all over the place. I also hope this rain will get us out of the unusually dry conditions. I hope we won't have to worry about fires this summer and fall! Things are beginning to bloom here too. My butterfly bush has little leaves already. There's also pollen already! I am sneezing a lot!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Interval Max and Perfect Yoga Strength and Core Bonus. It has been years since I have done the original Interval Max workout, and it is not any easier for sure. I’m happy that I got through the whole thing, but it felt tough on my tired legs from yesterday’s workout for sure.

Thelma, great workout! I am glad you found a new instructor you like. I only use my weighted vest for STS workouts (both 1 and 2). I use it in the Meso 3 Squat Rack Legs workouts to lift heavier, especially because really heavy dumbbells (40#) are starting to bother my hands, and the 10# vest and 35# dumbbells is more comfortable. In STS 2.0, I use it for the squats where Cathe raises the dumbbells up to her shoulders. She uses 20#, and I use the 10# vest and 17.5# dumbbells which is just way more comfortable on my arms and back. I also use it for plié squats where she used a 50# dumbbell and I use a 40# dumbbell because that is as heavy as I have. I have never really tried to use it for lighter workouts than STS, but if you find one that is comfortable enough, I think it is a great option for you. Yay on the reading! I love the places reading can take my mind. :) I always think of a line from the movie ‘Out of Africa’, when the main character responded to a question about reading ‘I am a mental traveler’. Glad you have been getting the rain. We have more expected on Friday. What a nice change this makes from all that dryness.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Walking, Mobility and Tracy Steen No Repeat Cardio Hiit.

We got 1.5" of rain. It rained pretty hard on Tuesday night, but on Wednesday we had light rain and drizzle all day long.

Laurel, great workouts! Good job doing that Interval Max workout!

Thanks for explaining your weighted vest usage.
    How is your sister doing?

It really is nice to allow yourself to be transported into places as you're reading a book.

Laurie, I hope you're feeling better!

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS 2.0 Upper Body 1 and a 30 minute spin. I felt pretty tired when I got up this morning, but I was able to lift heavier in this 2.0 workout than I have before. I guess I wasn’t that tired. :)

Thelma, great workouts. We have sunshine today! I have not minded the rain at all this week, but having a sunny day in between storms is a welcome sight. Thank you for asking about my sister. She is doing better after this round of chemo than she was her first one. We talked on Zoom last night, and she looked good and seemed more like herself than I have seen her since her diagnosis. She goes back in on Monday for Round 3, which she is not looking forward to. But in her last exam, the doctor could no longer feel a lump, so I think that news really boosted her spirits knowing that the chemo is working. Thanks again for asking.

Laurie, like Thelma, I hope you are feeling better.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Thursday were walking, mobility and yoga.
    I kept my workouts light today because I was tired. According to my fitness tracker I only slept 2.5 hours.

I am now 10 weeks post-op. My PT thinks that I can graduate from PT in two more weeks because I can do all my exercises myself at home. He also thinks that I can go back to yoga in two weeks and start lifting in six weeks.

I did my first real yoga class tonight, meaning doing downward dogs, high lunges, warriors one and two. My PT said that I could start putting body weight on the shoulder to see how I feel. I was very careful, of course. My mobility is much better, and I feel stronger. Just two nights ago I tried doing a downward dog, it was scary, and I was definitely stiff. Tonight, I started out a little stiff and became more flexible as the class moved on. It was only 30 minutes long, but it allowed me to test the shoulder. I felt fine during the class, but now hours later my shoulder feels a little angry. A week of wall push-ups has helped tremendously.

The PT and surgeon told me originally that I wouldn't be able to go back to yoga until June, so this is exciting. The wall pushups that felt challenging just two days ago, felt easy today. It's amazing how I'm feeling so much progress from one day to the next. I am not surprised because the PT told me things would start happening fast now.

I will keep doing short, beginners' yoga classes for the next three weeks to get myself ready to go back to the yoga studio. I have my three month follow up on 3/28.

We are under flood watch through Sunday. The rain is expected to start on Friday night.

I ordered an 8 lb. weighted vest. 8 lbs. were recommended for my size.

Laurel, great workouts! You always do great when you're tired!

We also had sunshine today, but it was chilly. Friday is expected to be cloudy all day long.

I am so happy to hear your sister is handling the chemo better and that the doctor could no longer feel the lump! Amazing! No doubt her spirits were boosted after such good news. Continued daily prayers are going her way.

Laurie, I hope you'll get lots of rest this weekend. Feel better soon!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I took Wednesday off, because I have pink eye. This is only the second time in my life that I have had this. I have not been working out. I did feel pretty good this morning, but spent my workout time putting some hot compresses on my eyes. I am at work today. Crazy how many emails I get just from being off for a short time.

Sorry to cut this short, but just wanted you both to know what is going on.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Lower Body 2, 2.0 No Equipment Abs and Cathe Live Cardio Challenge Express. I felt tired again today, and it was one of those days I felt tired throughout my workout. I think if the sun were shining like it was yesterday that might not be the case. B)

Thelma, great workouts despite being tired. And such fantastic news in your shoulder! My jaw literally dropped when you said you were able to do a downward dog! That is so fantastic. And to be able to start lifting in six weeks is incredible. You amaze me. The heavy rain is going to pass south of us, so we aren’t under the flood watch most of Alabama and Georgia are under. I hope you don’t get hit too hard with it. Thank you for the prayers for my sister.

Laurie, yikes on pink eye. I have never had it and never want it. I would say taking time off working out is probably a good thing right now to let your body heal from this and the cold you just had. Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you are doing.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was nice and not too busy for a change.
    We got an inch of rain Friday night into Saturday. It's been windy since Saturday night and now temps are on the cooler side.

My workouts on Friday were walking, mobility and standing abs
    Saturday - walking and mobility
    Sunday - walking, mobility and Tracy Steen leg day.

Laurie, I'm glad you're feeling better. Sorry about the pink eye, though.

Lauruel, great workouts!

My shoulder and biceps didn't really think yoga was such a good idea. My shouler has been angry, but it's better now. I will have to go easy on the body weight I apply to the shoulder.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited March 11
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Finally started feeling human on Friday evening, and my eyes are about 95% better. Can't believe how itchy they are as they get better. I was able to go with DH to our car club banquet on Saturday.

So no working out until this morning, and I decided that I would do an easy workout. This workout showed up in my yoututbe and I decided to try it out. It's called Walk to the Beat Fun 80's & 90's MIx. The youtube fitness instructor is Kat Gates-Buettner. Nothing super fancy, but she did the workout outside and moved to different locations. I don't know where in NY she is, but the scenery was really nice. I just couldn't pass up listening to some of the music. She does not talk on this one, so I had to pay attention to the cues and written information on the bottom of the screen.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts despite being tired. Now that we have moved that clock, the sun will be out for a lot longer. Seemed like everyone was out walking yesterday. I would hope that you don't experience pink eye at all, you just want to keep your eyes closed the whole time. :D

Thelma, Awesome job with the workouts! Sorry to hear that your shoulder and bicep didn't appreciate the yoga. I'm sure it will get better over time. Thanks for the information on the instructor, I will have to look that one up.

Have a great day!
    Laurie