Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    bwcetc wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Margaret- thank you- I will keep pushing mom(gently) to get the call made for the appointment-either in person or on the phone.
    I need to find a way to get all her info for when the time comes- I have no idea any of her accounts/passwords/etc

Debbie ... it will take a very pointed conversation to get all of her information. Are you her only child? If so, you need to become her POA or if you have siblings, that decision needs to be made. It requires an attorney to draw up the papers and best to do while your mom is mentally sound. If it were me, I would visit your mom on a day you can call Social Security together. Be present with her so you can speak for her if necessary (she will have to give permission). And find out what her local office number for SSA is ... the main line takes an eternity to get through.

Beth

Thank you!!

I have two sisters. I am sure mom has picked me over the other two.
    She has had her will revised after dad passed away. I know for sure she did it because I got a letter from her lawyer but I don't know what it says exactly.
    When I took her for ear surgery, they asked about POA or at least I think that is what they were referring to and she said I did .
    I just need to get that information for sure, so I know. I have a few nephews that are trying to worm their way in. Neither of them are living in state and don't really have their act together financially to keep the property the way mom wants
    I will stay an extra day to be there on a Monday to have her call or just take her down to the office, even if it is to just go down to make an appointment.
    It will have to be on another visit. Right now I am trying to balance time with her but also time at home if dh has another blow up with his mom. There will be one on Monday because he is going away for the weekend to do another comic-con.(I can't be up at mom's if he is about to have a melt down again)

Debbie

Being at your mom's is probably the best place to be if your husband is going to have a meltdown.

He can learn how to deal with things on his own.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited March 7
    Options
    Tracey - She's private, so I have no idea. He hasn't sent the details yet. I've looked up the prices of another local clinic that my DDIL recommended, and the initial consultation isn't too expensive.

Lanette- Your visit to the doctor made me laugh. We only get 10 minutes. We are only allowed one problem at a time. When I asked her about my bloated, uncomfortable upper abdomen, she looked quite disgusted and said, "You want me to feel it?!" as if actually putting her hands on me was the worst thing in the world.

Our clinic gets 2.5 on Google. A lot of people are giving it one star and raging. I could change to a better one,, but that would be two bus journeys and this one is at the top of my street. The worst thing is, you can not book an appointment, but have to ring at 8.15 on the day (I was told 8.30 by the receptionist, but found out on the website) and be held in a phone queue. Then you are triaged, and if the surgeries are all full, you have to ring again the next day. (I have friends with different appointment systems, so I know this is not universal.) They have also stopped phone and e-consult. Referrals can take a year. There is zero communication. Before covid, my husband was able to make an appointment, go in to the surgery with a twinge in his back, and get an x-ray up the road the same day. :#
    I think, to save my blood pressure, I need to see someone privately. The lack of an X-Ray is my biggest worry. Private X-rays are quite expensive and you have to pay upfront. Reviews are mixed.
    I can start with a consultation with a private physio. At 45 minutes it's a huge improvement on 10!
    At the moment I am just doing gentle stretches and baby exercises. Lots of rest. No machines.

Edie and Bea this evening while the parents go to Max's school. I think they want to paint more drinks coasters.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Beth, thanks, we don't have a gas cap, but I did push the springy thing in, it didn't work. I mentioned this to the gal at the dealership and she said that worked on older vehicles when vapor locks were common, but not so much anymore. :(
    Evelyn
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Today is: What does your name mean? I love white chocolate cheesecake, but surprising to some, I don’t care for Oreos!

My name "Machka" is the feminine of the word "cat". Machak is male cat.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Beth, thanks, we don't have a gas cap, but I did push the springy thing in, it didn't work. I mentioned this to the gal at the dealership and she said that worked on older vehicles when vapor locks were common, but not so much anymore. :(
    Evelyn

Our check engine light has been on for years. We've taken to the shop and had it checked and they say it's OK.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Thursday 7 March

Walked today ...
    boahgh3rhvm1.png

And climbed 18 flights of stairs ... 20 steps per flight, up and down and landings. :)

Working from home tomorrow. :)

Went to book a dental appointment for the 2 of us today and discovered that our dentist retired!! Marvellous. Well ... probably good for her. :) But not so good for us.

M in Oz
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Heather - that is great news!! Do you think the X-Ray tech will be able to tell you anything before the doctor reads the imaging? Sometimes I get a tech that likes to chat and says what they see or don't see but wait for the final report from the doc to be sure.

Direct Care Clinics -
    Regarding wait times - seems like with most docs around here, a person gets 8 to 10 minutes, one concern at a time as well according to friends and neighbors. At my private pay Direct Care clinic, a person gets at least half an hour, more if needed. Dr. Lisa usually takes the whole half hour, Dr. Paul can be a lot speedier.

Before DH died, I probably spent over half an hour with Dr. Paul at a time, sometimes mostly crying since DH was rapidly failing and I couldn't get Mr. Stubborn to get into the car to go see him. We had to hatch plots and trick DH, Dr. Paul was even willing to see him in the parking lot but generally I could coax him in "just to get bloods tests." Then Dr. Paul would take over. Such a time.

When I was in there yesterday, the place got kind of busy and all of the patients were my age and older. They don't mind paying $75 per month to get medical care the way it used to be. No wonder they now have a waiting list. I just did a quick check - other clinics are popping up, in the Seattle area older patients pay a lot more.

Ginny - thank you for reaching out to Kylia. Hope everything is well with her.

Machka - glad to see your energy is back, good job with the stair climbing.

It's 27F outside right now, time to light the woodstove. Supposed to be warmer and sunny today and in the mid 60's by the end of next week. I need to see if I can get the mower started.

Back later-

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Today I have to figure out a way to mark my books so Dad will leave them alone. He keeps wanting to donate them. It's awkward, I don't know if he has any idea how upset I was. He has a cheerful facade, which is usually a good thing.

Dad just came down and we had the conversation again about how he needs to wear pants to get the newspaper in the morning. He isn't convinced. Sometimes I wonder if it does any good.

Tracey good luck with your presentation!

Heather so glad your X-ray is coming!

Kylia hope all is well!

Michele welcome back north!

I'm studying medical terminology. They like to pretend all the words are made up of roots, prefixes and suffixes, but a lot of them aren't. And those words just aren't in the study materials. Such a bait and switch. Oh well at least I'm learning.

After my emotional binge last night, I ordered another book on emotional eating. I'll let you know how it is.

Have a marvelous day!

Annie in Delaware

• Anniesquats100
    Options
    Lisa that's an interesting article Thank you! So maybe I got emotional because I was hungry. I didn't have my usual protein and fiber meal at two.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Today I have to figure out a way to mark my books so Dad will leave them alone. He keeps wanting to donate them. It's awkward, I don't know if he has any idea how upset I was. He has a cheerful facade, which is usually a good thing.

Annie in Delaware

Where are your books located?

I'd be sure to keep them in my room where he couldn't see them. You can have a stamp made up that says, "Property of ..." but so many books end up in used book stores with that sort of thing, it doesn't really matter. Maybe a little sticker on the front with your name?

Maybe he thinks they are your mother's books.

M in Oz
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I did my fifteen minutes on my bike and ten minutes walking! Yay!

I looked up the survivors benefit from social security last night. Since Dad's monthly pay was higher, mom's will be discontinued. That's what we expected. But we still have a phone call scheduled.

Annie in Delaware