WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Annie ... don't tell your dad about the light that is out!!

Debbie ... Happy Birthday!

Vicki ... Is your husband close to getting Medicare? The insurance thing really does stink. Still going to worry about you though ...

Today was Spring Clean the kitchen table and shelves. Did that and then tackled the family room. I can only do so much there as the shelves and walls are covered with DH's things. However, I cleaned and sanitized the furniture (leather and the dog likes it) and did a thorough vacuum of the carpet along with deodorizing and vacuuming again!! Then helped DH haul large branches down to the road for pick-up.

Barbara ... even though I eat within a certain timeframe, I have been doing CICO the past few days. My husband thinks I eat too much in a short period of time. Sadly ... he is correct. Logging always helps keep me honest when I start getting "creative" with my meals.

We're supposed to get gnarly weather Saturday night into Monday. Still, Spring is definitely on its way!

Beth near Buffalo

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 3min 17sec, 44elev, 2.96ap, 80ahr, 95mhr, 6.10mi (10k)= 580c
    Strava app = 748c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 1min 39sec, 689elev, 138aw, gear45, 19.8amph, 114ahr, 154mhr, 49arpm, 20.29mi= 429c
    Strava app= 487c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 1min 49sec, 691elev, 137aw, 48arpm, 19.70amph, 20.3mi= 488c

Total cal 1009

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I'll bet you'll end up with another 100%. These are the pulleys - Got three of them from Temu: op1vbg4bil3k.png So far, I'm pretty happy - the lines are about six feet long, and they work on the same brake system as a seatbelt, so you have to jiggle a little to get it to move or retract.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    thanks for all the birthday wishes. I appreciate every one of them.
    Havent heard "happy birthday" from anyone in the house(dh, son, daycare girl or her mom when she dropped her off)-dh did acknowledge it-asked how if felt to be 62.
    Even my back up plan is changed. DH was too busy to go pick up lunch so will pick my food(will now be my dinner) when he goes and gets food for his mom. Only good part is with him picking mine up late, it will be just for me and I won't have to share- I can have it for two meals.

Had half a corned beef sandwich(only one slice of bread, the cheap wheat bread so not a lot of calories) and three slices of corned beef. That will hold me over until he brings dinner. Needed something-all I have had before that was hot tea(3 or 4 cups so far).
    Just eating a little, I can have a big bowl of gumbo and half the hush puppies. SO nice to find really good hush puppies, finally.

I should have done the dishes last night. Now they are all waiting for me. I will wash them a bit later, after Ezie goes home. Only one more hour or so and she should go home. Found out that not only do I have her all day instead of just after school, but her mom is on vacation all week.
    She knew today was my birthday but still brought her regular time and for the whole day- oh well.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD by Kerry Katona today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a yoga dVd

After doing the DVD, walked on the treadmill and then went to Aldi then cvs to pick up a prescription

Tracey – I knew you’d knock that presentation right out of the park!

Allie – the TV ALWAYS puts me to sleep. Vince has told the doc that he doesn’t need to give me any anesthetic, just put a TV in the OR

I could swear I made a post last night, but for the life of me I can’t find it. Maybe it’ll appear

Debbie – happy birthday

We all need to celebrate National Woman’s Day. Have an (unsweetened) ice tea

Heather – so glad you’re getting into that clinic in a timely manner. It really disturbed me that you were having to wait so long

Yea Lisa – you go girl

Rebecca – your grandson is such a sweetie

Vince wanted to try Culvers. Unfortunately, all their fish is deep fried. So I had a grilled chicken sandwich. I did splurge and had one of their concrete mixers, But I did get the mini size. Just water to drink. Honestly, I wasn’t super impressed. I would much rather have gone to a good seafood restaurant.

After Culvers Vince wanted to walk around the parking lot (woooo) so I put on my sneakers and went with him. I will work some on Jess’ tree skirt then depending on the time, I’ll go for a walk

Michele
    who laid by the pool today
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE!!!
    Do something nice for yourself. Buy yourself some flowers.

Hair went OK, though she took a shave more off than I asked for. It's much cheaper than my usual place. The hairdresser has been on a hospital list to see a gynaecologist for a year. :o
    I've been doing gentle exercises for hips and wearing my gym trainers in the house as slippers today. Plus I put my arch supports on. So far an improvement. I was in less pain walking to the hairdresser. It's about 100 yards.

I've got mushrooms to use up, so I think I'll do a chicken stroganoff with fresh kale and a bit of rice. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Are you able to go see a chiropractor?

Machka in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    need to take back the statement about Ezie's mom- She came in with a bag from Bath and Body Works- a trio of "Happy Birthday" fragrance pack, a candle and a body wash.

Still waiting for dh to bring my food home- HUNGRY(sitting here hungry while he sits at his mom's with her complaining about him being gone for the weekend)

He should be home soon as his friend said they were leaving in half an hour.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    When my hip was so bad for years one thing that really helped me was when someone finally told me to set a timer to get up and move for a couple of minutes and not sit longer than 20. Over time of course the time of each increased, I can tell now when I’ve been sitting too long. I have been lately because being on my feet hurts my plantar fasciitis, sitting hurts my back and hips. There must be a happy medium that I haven’t found yet.

Tracey in Edmonton

I am so glad I've got a sit-stand desk at work now which allows me to continue working but vary it between sitting and standing. I'm also looking at one for home too.

One of the worst positions for my hips is sitting in bed with my back propped up with pillows and my legs relatively straight out in front. They get so painful that way I can hardly walk when I do get up.

Machka in Oz

• ATnowornever
    ATnowornever Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    🧚🏻
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Machka!
    9h49zy4tunkg.gif
    From me and Egg. :smiley:
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Machka!!🎈🎈🎈😊
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    M - happy birthday

Michele
    who will go take a walk now.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Debbie! I wish you had a better day than you're having. Do at least one thing to treat yourself.

Happy International Women's Day!
    ettt5g7ofp6n.png

And Happy Birthday to me too! Day 1 of my 2-day birthday.

I started my day by doing one of my favourite things.

qzve8tk2o3hs.png

Machka in Oz

HAPPYBIRTHDAY!!
    so is your birthday on the 8th or the 9th?

The one thing I am doing for myself is opening up the baklava I got for Valentines day(still sealed) and having "birthday baklava"
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Machka … Happy Birthday!

Beth