WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,715 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Got my meds updated
    Alex- the Aprn said my cardiologist wouldn't be happy having me off the statin drugs so I will stay on them.
    Got refills on my other meds
    And hoping with approval from insurance will be trying Ozempic..but only if insurance approves
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,564 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    well, plans for tomorrow have all fallen through.
    Supposed to go to lunch with dh, then I wanted to take an extra long walk at the wetlands before picking up Ezie from school then help dh pack to go to Sac.
    Found out this afternoon that Ezie doesn't have school tomorrow so I will have her all day.
    No birthday lunch out with dh, no walk and dh will be leaving at 5 to go to Sac. He will leave just about the same time Ezie will go home. Will have corned beef for dinner(by myself)
    FoodMaxx has corned beef for $1.68 a pound. Bought two and already cooked them and have them chilling now so I can slice them thinly.
    Saturday I have the ladies luncheon. Church Sunday morning. The rest of the weekend will be spent cleaning/decluttering the house. Work in the yard and finally spray my nectarine tree if it doesn't rain.
    Going to head for bed a bit early. Woke up to a cat fight at 5:45 and didn't go back to sleep.
    Walked MIL's dog and walked the wetlands- ending today with 15,000 steps for the day.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,715 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    Here I sit. Procrastinating. Don’t want to tally up the CI damage from today’s after-birthday lunch with T. Don’t want to get up and Jeopardy walk to offset the damage. Don’t want to write the thank you notes to T, Te and PaT. Didn’t want to ask L to cover for fellowship, so was going to ask Te, but pulled up my big girl panties and emailed L. Hard to ask help from someone who I sense dislikes me.
    Effective but not a feel-good massage today. Really increased shoulder mobility but YOW.
    Debbie the very happiest of birthdays to you! Sorry you have to work all day and no lunch with DH. Instead of cleaning and decluttering the house, can you give yourself some kind of birthday treat? Visit your mom? Take a walk???
    Lisa that TEE sounds scary. Amazing what they can do, but yikes! Just love Pioneer Woman’s flavors.
    Barbie fingers X’d the PT helps Jake’s back. Amen to Gentle Leaders, used them with Dixie her whole life, and Tumble for the first many years.
    Heather Bea’s “4 T” pun took me awhile, but :laugh: Yours to Vicki. Truth this.
    Tracey the new ‘do, va va VOOM! Ultrasound, music, so many sparks of hope for dementia sufferers and their families. Con VERY grats on yet another perfect score!
    April con VERY grats on the smaller shirts! That is way more satisfying than any number on a scale.
    Rosemarie when I first started on statins, my joints ached all the time. Changed from atorvastatin to pravastatin helped a little, reducing the dosage from 20mg to 10mg did the trick. Will share pics of your visiting 3 grand-dogs?
    Carol hope those antibiotics do the trick. 3 weeks is a looong time.
    Beth “… proud of myself…” and rightly so! Inspiring!
    Flea hoping there’s a big sigh of relief after the signing.
    Sue wishing the tenant from hell back to her place of origin. Do the lawyer and the sheriff know she’s threatened you and yours? Is there someone who can come and stay with you? Scary.

All of you who are only allowed one issue per Dr. visit, when you make the appointment can you make multiple appointments for as many issues as needed? I emaild a list of four questions to my MD last time and it was very helpful. He spent (and of course billed for) over 30 minutes with me, our best in person appointment ever. He even touched me (where the leg swelling is). First time an MD has put their hands on my body since Dr. D retired in 2013.

Managed to take morning vitamins so there’s one positive… only one for the day. Killed enough time that I’m sleepy.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,906 Member
    Options
    Annie - can you separate your books to somewhere else in the house. Sometimes dementia can cause people to be fixated, this might be a source of contention for a bit. It’s so hard to deal with.
    My Aunt got fixated on sending birthday cards, problem was the people she wanted to send them to had passed. Her daughter had some cheap cards she let her search through to “give” to each one. She would pick one out, ask my cousin for the address, she would tell her she had to find the address. The next day they did it all again.
    This went on for a few months until she found another thing.

Tracey in Edmonton

@Anniesquats100

Some tips for dealing with the fixation thing:
    http://www.caregiver4caregivers.com/Tip_Fixation.html

About repetitive behaviour:
    https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia/symptoms-and-diagnosis/symptoms/repetitive-behaviour

https://alzheimer.ca/en/help-support/im-caring-person-living-dementia/understanding-symptoms/repetitive-behaviours

Repetition can be verbal (also referred to as "perseverating", where the person may repeat the same question) or can be physical (repetitive movements like rubbing hands together again and again).

Unfortunately, people who perseverate are sometimes characterized as “attention seekers.” In truth, the person has little insight or control over this.

Since his brain injury, my husband perseverates when he is stressed.

Perhaps this might help a bit ...

Alzheimer Stages:
    https://www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/stages-behaviors

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Engine Lights ... in New York State where I live, your vehicle will not pass the yearly state inspection if the engine light is on. It must be fixed. It's a a costly pain in the ....

Beth near Buffalo

And if it can't be fixed? Will taking the bulb out work? :smiley:

• Machka9
    Options
    Well criminy the way its going I'm going to be pulling an all nighter..2:45 am and i haven't gone to sleep yet.
    Had no caffine or anything..oh well..drs appts out of the way for this week anyway..

Make a cup of chamomile tea.
    Turn off all the lights but for your bedside lamp (TV and phone off too)
    Lie down in bed and get comfy.
    Read a novel while sipping your tea.
    Relax.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    zrtjhcinfbzn.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    Tracey love the hair cut!

Debbie
    Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

Sue sorry tenant issue is still going on!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Debbie happy birthday! 🎂🎈🎈🎈