Females: How many calories are you eating daily?

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• hannata86
    Options
    I eat weekly rather than daily. Because I'm a spiker - my daily calorie intake can be anything between 1300 and 4000.

I go for an absolute max 14k per week. Means I'm getting a loss of approx 1lb. Most of the time I don't eat anywhere near that number, usually settling around the 12.5k/13k. And I try to get in roughly 2-3 days of exercise.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Between 1800 - 2200. Most of the time over 2000. Losing nicely!!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 6 have about 50lbs to lose and i try never to eat less than 1400 calories regardless of exercise. I never want to put my body in starvation mode. I also follow a Clean Eating Diet. Which has made all the difference.
  • whunt18885
    Options
    I tend to eat around 1900 a day give or take 50 or so but I burn around 800 a day giving me a net of 1200, I do this 5 days a week and don't count calories on Sat/Sun however I still try and stay healthy on Sat/Sun just not calorie counting. I reckon my Sat/Sun average is probably about 2500 a day but again I burn 600 or so doing cardio.

I am 5'10" male currently I weight 178lbs but that is down from 185lbs 3 weeks ago. The aim is to hit 168 lbs.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I was netting 2000 calories a day and losing about a half pound a week, so yeah, eating exercise calories.

Now I'm kind of trying to maintain but not really trying to hard (eating more, often) and I'm not sure what my maintenance level is...

This is similar to my situation. I'm netting about 1800, sometimes more, sometimes less. Trying to figure out my maintenance level as well. I'm a few pounds below my goal weight, so I'm okay with gaining, but aiming for muscle (obviously).
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Apparently not enough. (Go easy on me - it's still week 1!) I'm so used to doing weight watchers that I don't know where I should be. I know what my calories converted to (approximately) there, but from what I'm seeing, I need to be eating more. And I wasn't a regular exerciser then, and I am now (5 days on average. 0-1 on average before), but I just completed my first month of that much activity.

I am not trying to starve myself...I stop eating when I'm full, and I try to eat pretty healthy 85% of the time. But MFP says I'm 3,172 net calories under my weekly goal. Oops. It's 'easy' this week because I've been at home all week, cooking. I am normally traveling 3-4 days of the week. Much harder when I'm eating out every meal!

But to answer the question, my target is 1500 calories. I'll eat back my exercise calories if I'm hungry. I'll try to at least some of them today because I had a big burn (nearly 700 calories). But I've tracked everything today, and it says I'm only netting 1075. :frown: So I guess I better eat some more at some point! Maybe 2 turkey burgers for dinner!
  • destiny_727
    destiny_727 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m 140.8 1200 per day. I’ve never lost a pound in a whole year. I do 30 minutes exercise most days and 76 years old female. I’ve tried every type of plan . LOW CARB Intermittent fasting everything except low fat. Why can’t I lose!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    edited March 22
    Options
    I’m 140.8 1200 per day. I’ve never lost a pound in a whole year. I do 30 minutes exercise most days and 76 years old female. I’ve tried every type of plan . LOW CARB Intermittent fasting everything except low fat. Why can’t I lose!

To get an answer to this question, I suggest you start a new thread with this topic, but change your diary settings first:

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public. In the app, go to Settings > Diary Setting > Diary Sharing > and check Public. Desktop: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, 154 lbs, and doing strength training to recomp. My trainer has me eating 1500 calories daily, @120g protein without eating back exercise calories.
  • jjjsroach
    jjjsroach Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For those eating back exercise calories, are you losing any weight?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,216 Member
    Options
    jjjsroach wrote: »

I did eat all my (carefully estimated) exercise calories while losing weight (obese to healthy weight), and at quite a good pace of loss. But I'm in maintenance now (heading into year 8), so now I eat back all my exercise calories while maintaining a healthy weight.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    jjjsroach wrote: »

I lost weight faster once I started eating back exercise calories. I wasn’t so wiped out if I ate more, especially on heavy days.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    74 f, about 8 pounds from goal. I set my calorie goal at maintenance for goal weight. Try to eat 1-200 less per day. Losing at the rate of a very slow snail. Happy with that.