WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Debbie - I envy you and your warmer weather when it comes to starting veggies. Nice that your mom will have a market for her produce, and that neighbor is available to help her with outside chores if I'm remembering right. Interesting your DH's Safeway is making those changes, I wonder why. Do you think he'll miss not going to work?

Better close. Lots to do this morning.

Make it a fabulous weekend!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Your spring weather will be here soon. We are having rain and thunderstorms here today.
    I am hoping things will work out for mom and the garden. I know not to push or it backfires.
    I also know she wants to do more but doesn't have the energy she used to have(or the memory)-she will be 81 in June.

As for dh- Safeway got rid of delivery service because, dh thinks anyways, they got some kind of kick back from Grubhub/Deal Dash plus to save on salary of the 13 people they let go or reduced hours by half.
    We are pretty sure he will still work a day a week or something, just have to wait and see how things go with the change. No one wants to work the hours that he works ( he works a graveyard shift doing price changes every Wed.)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Lanette Thank you! I am not a big carb eater but will pay more attention based on what you shared. My latest ratio is 1.58 lower than 6 months ago. DH's ratio is 2.08. Now to see if I can change our diets.......
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Productive day on the ’deferred decisions’ front. Managed to dump several boxes of paperwork in our recycle bin for putting out on Tuesday. Nothing sensitive. Shredded all those.

Also wrote a piece for my next Creative Wring Group meeting (which is after Easter), and revise some of my Latin Grammar (also for after Easter). Monday Painters prep done. Monthly/annual group Accounts completed.

Laundry sorted and put away, shopping done.

Visiting elder daughter tomorrow to discuss Easter. Elder grandson’s birthday is on Easter Sunday.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    edited March 24
    Options
    javaplace wrote: »
    Good Morning to All

After clearing out/ moving stuff for three days, today is a rest day for my Husband and I. I have realized ⭐️less clutter/spars spaces make me less stressed. I slept close to nine hours and feel better, still have stuff to do around the house today. Budgeted food, water and steps are planned.

Lots going on here and in our world. Hugs to those who need them. Happy Saturday 🌼

I meant there was a lot going on here on the thread. And in our world, as in we here. 🙂
  • javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    edited March 24
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Before we left California to move to Washington we had a five acre property that Jake used for farming vegetables that we ate and sold at the farmers' market. One day we decided that we'd had enough and the next house had a lovely yard with flower beds and a big lawn that backed up on the neighborhood green space so it looked like we had an even bigger yard without having to pay property tax on all the land. One day Jake came into the the house and announced that he'd had enough of yard work, called the realtor who sold us our house and got the wheels turning to sell the house and buy something with less care needed. We rented a storage unit so we could begin to pack things up to get ready to move. It made the house look roomier and gave us a chance to go through things and decide what to keep, what to donate, what to shred, and what to give away. We trusted a higher power and a good real estate agent to find a buyer and we drove around looking at other neighborhoods to see where we'd like to live. We made a list of what we wanted in our new house/neighborhood so we'd know it when we saw it. Eventually it all worked out and we've been in the new place for more than 12 years.

:) As much as we talk about wanting to move to the Shetland Islands, we know that moving is more than we want to tackle at this stage our lives so we watch a lot of YouTube videos and enjoy where we are.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

@barbiecat Nice for you and your Husband. I hope ours runs that smooth. I think if it’s meant to be, it will happen.

+ one of these days.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Lanette static electricity was my first thought. But I got shocked three times on three short errands on Friday. That's more than just static.

It's a rainy day and poor Teddy doesn't want to go out. I think I will read a book.

Annie in Delaware

Sounds like something isn't grounded properly.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Busy day...
    Corey got a lot done on his raised beds, and couldn't resist trying out a few stones, which will eventually clad the outside of the beds. That's probably a 50-pound slab of rock he's toting around like it's nothing.
    qkdfhjvyhyk5.png

I worked for four hours and got this many bricks set. Not many, all things considered, but having never laid even one brick before, I'm reasonably pleased. Lots more to do.. Don't have enough sand to get the whole bed finished, but can definitely get some more done until Corey brings home some more sand.
    5y1yn5utouva.png

So an eventful day. 🐈‍⬛😍👀🙃😀

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Well done on the bricks and I worry about Rhody finding a snake. He likes the little lizards around this place.

That's an impressively heavy slab of rock! I haul and move a lot of rock around our yard and can manage up to about 30 lbs but I don't want to go very far with that and I'm not moving it easily.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited March 24
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options
    ej287a0ysilb.png
    81e75juv63x1.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    edited March 24
    Options
    Heather: Hoping your surgeon can fit you in soon. Being in pain is a doozy.

Tracey: 🥰 Love the craft room revamp. I’m working on mine. Have cleared the sewing table and can now work there.

Lisa: Always nice to see a good looking man at work. That wall looks very professional. Yikes on the snake!

Putting away some more laundry, then will tackle some more ‘deferred decisions’ 😝 (lovely phrase! 😝) and DH needs a haircut 😂

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri