23 - AF
    1 - LA
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    22 - AF
    1 - LA
    Rainy Saturday and having vanilla black tea and an ice cream sandwich - does less alcohol make anyone else crave sweets more?

Oh yes it does! It’s uncanny! It passes though, if that’s any consolation.
  • Womona
    Options
    This week I hit a derailment with 2 drinking nights in a row. Depressing. It wasn't even very tasty. Red wine, bleh. I regret the calories, hot flashes, and acid indigestion. I was having such a good no-drinking streak and I think I just got to the end of my "stress" threshold. I am dealing with a lot of medical stuff right now so my resiliency level is just not the same. Rant-a-way I guess I could, but I'll shut up and stop here. No excuses, I am pissed at myself.

Soon as I derail, I know a quick turnaround is necessary. I will not be drinking Mon-Fri this week for certain. If things get bad, I will hit the hot cocoa. If things get stressful, I will take a nap. If someone annoys me, I will drink passionflower tea (it's pretty good). I have choices, I am in charge and responsible.

Hope you guys make this a successful week for yourselves.

Oh I feel this so much! Welp, I’ll tell you what everyone on this thread told me last time I was in your position (which was not that long ago)….. give yourself some grace.

Slipping up does not make you a bad person, lazy, or stupid. Makes you human. Don’t beat yourself up. We’re all on your side, and we’ve all been there.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker gosh I truly hope you can see how far you’ve come since the beginning of your journey! When I get down about overdoing, I need to remind myself of the importance of all my logged AF days! It’s easy to lose sight and see what we didn’t do vs. what we have done and can do.

@tmbg1 - your monthly stats are off the charts, super outstanding!

@xbowhunter - you sound determined after a weekend of imbibing!
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Had my planned Sunday white wine last night, and went over limits by including a Prosecco. There is half a bottle of KC low alcohol wine left over which will I will have on my next planned night - Thursday.
    I am ready to build up to 10-11 AF days for this month…..it hasn’t been easy but I think I can, I think I can, I know I can.

Actual:
    AF - 7
    A - 7
    LA - 11 - low alcohol % or under limit
  • I_am_motivated
    I_am_motivated Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Womona
    Thank you for the recommendation. That will be helpful. It will be nice to have someone to share experiences with doing the challenge.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    24 - AF
    1 - LA
  • Womona
    Options
    @lmlmrn I hope you feel better! Being sick stinks. The fatigue is unreal.

Hey guys. Finally finally have an AF day! Didn’t even want a glass of wine, which is a shock. I am taking the win!