Options
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    (((Rita))) How scary!
    (((Heather))) Hang in there. Hope it gets resolved soon.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Pg 62
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Im tucked in and crazy cat has decided to grace me with her presence lol,Tom keeping Alfie through Thursday as he will be going to Florida for a couple weeks,want him to get ad much Alfie love as he can get before he goes..
    Horrible about that bridge in Baltimore..
    Geesh you just never know..
    Well evening my friends !!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Rita - your DH's reaction (or lack thereof) to your anxiety attack is understandable considering what all was going on. If it happens again, he'll certainly be tuned in and not worry about the campers and their problems. I agree with the others, wine in this case is certainly medicinal. Glad it helped you.

Debbie - Happy Birthday to Jonah. Nice, nice family photos. Love the look on your face where you are standing next to him. You and your DH did a great job. <3

Rebecca - your bread fail sounds like an early version of foccacia. ;)

Lisa - sorry to hear the estrogen cream isn't doing what you'd hoped, hate that it's a long drive to go see the doc. Glad your bloods are drawn and good luck at the knee doc tomorrow. What's that chicken in yogurt and spices recipe? Sounds intriguing, I bet it will be good. :p I'm running out of ideas for chicken, was thinking it might be time for some Chicken Parmesan - something I can bake in the oven quickly and make several servings at a time.

Welcome Linda!

Collette told me about an AMZing (Amazon) Bin Store in a nearby town. "Liquidation & bin store full of overstock, shelf-pulls and returns. Where every day is Black Friday!" She said every day the prices go down by a few dollars and she's gotten some nice clothing and shampoo there for a fraction of the regular price. I don't need anything, but sounds like a good thing for bargain hunters and will give the local thrift stores some competition. Might be fun to walk through. I bet these stores will be popping up all over if they haven't already.

I did a pantry declutter after Collette left. Lots of carby stuff I generally don't eat anyhow - pasta, rice, huge boxes of oatmeal, sugar. The food bank is always asking for food like this so will be glad to drop it off.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Except it was like a rustic dark bread of some sort. I remember distinctly a dark brown brick.😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    [

Debbie - Happy Birthday to Jonah. Nice, nice family photos. Love the look on your face where you are standing next to him. You and your DH did a great job. <3

Collette told me about an AMZing (Amazon) Bin Store in a nearby town. "Liquidation & bin store full of overstock, shelf-pulls and returns. Where every day is Black Friday!" She said every day the prices go down by a few dollars and she's gotten some nice clothing and shampoo there for a fraction of the regular price. I don't need anything, but sounds like a good thing for bargain hunters and will give the local thrift stores some competition. Might be fun to walk through. I bet these stores will be popping up all over if they haven't already.

I did a pantry declutter after Collette left. Lots of carby stuff I generally don't eat anyhow - pasta, rice, huge boxes of oatmeal, sugar. The food bank is always asking for food like this so will be glad to drop it off.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Thanks
    I can't help but smile when I am with Jona.
    His name is Jonathan but I have always called him Jona or Jonabug. Never been John or Johnny.
    (Jonathan and I are really close, always has been.) Dh had never been around any kids so he was really clueless and helpless for the most part. No helping with feeding or diapers. Would fall asleep when he was supposed to be watching him- one night, I had a Tupperware meeting. Told dh he had to watch Jona for the hour or so I would be gone. I came home, dh is mad and had a big red mark on his forehead and a headache. He had fallen asleep on the floor or something and Jona kicked one of those little wooden blocks- hit him in the forehead- Jona was about 2 yrs old at the time. I told dh , THAT is why he couldn't take a nap while he was supposed to be watching Jona. I didn't leave him alone with dh very often.

We have a Black Friday store here in town now. There is one called Falling Prices in the next town that is basically the same thing. It really is fun to check and see what treasures you can find. We tend to go on Mondays which is the $2 day. We went this past Sunday($4 day) but only bought 2 things. Other weeks, we get a bit crazy and buy way too much. I am looking forward to Christmas this coming year with all the decorations I bought there-like the 11ft blow up arch way. Or the 8ft snowman. The irridecent tree if I can figure out how to put it together. So many things- lots of things for my garden and things for dh to use with his 3D printed Godzillas.

Debbie

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Barbara - So glad to see you! I was getting concerned. <3<3<3 Glad it all went well. :)

Ugh for this study. I must be ancient! :#
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/2024/mar/27/two-nights-of-broken-sleep-can-make-people-feel-years-older-finds-study

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Rebecca-did they test fir what sort of mold present? That may be useful information for you. It looks nasty-can't believe they let it go so long.

Debbie-I was fortunate, my husband was pretty good with boys-he got even better when they hit around 2. and weren't as dependent upon me for meals (I breastfed youngest until 3 but mainly evenings the last year of so). I was looking at Amazon Bin stores last night. With the pricing, does that mean one thing is $10 on $10 day and so on?

Evelyn-I have never heard of such a sink but it is really a smart idea.

Barbara AHMOD-glad you have resurfaced and surgery went well. It can take a bit to bounce back from procedures.

Heather-I found that narcotics didn't really work with my hips when they were declining so I ended up not taking them. Heating pads can give a bit of relief at times. Bone on bone is just painful. Glad you spent time with family-a bit of a distraction.

I had one of my spells with off and on sleep last night and some night sweats. May open window a bit at night until time for air conditioning. Don't know why I get them some times-I am forever past menopause!

Off to start the day. Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,038 Member
    edited March 27
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I feel like I belong in the club because I too was up at three for a little bit. I read on my phone and went back to sleep.

My legs are tired from outdoor walking yesterday. It was hilly.

I listened to a Buddhist podcast yesterday and oddly enough, that helped with my diet attitude. It is calming, and it emphasizes the pause between a thought and an action.

Meanwhile, I got my next book! The Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck. I'm pretty sure I read it before, so I don't expect great new revelations, just more encouragement.

Rebecca that mold looks dangerous! We had a bathroom wall that was full of black mold when they took the tile down. Sorry you will be out of the kitchen for awhile. Do you have an air filter?

Have a marvelous day, ladies! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    o:)