So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Hi, @Schnootie, welcome to the cybercafe! Love your order. Viktor, our most wonderful waiter will be right out with your order (sometimes before you even order). Now I’m going to dream about nectarines drizzled with honey and sprinkled with slivered almonds. That sounds delicious. The peaches should be coming in soon. It’s a quick trip to McLeod Farms in McBee, South Carolina from Charlotte and peaches and nectarines hit the farm stand some time in May and June. I can’t wait!

I stayed up late last night to finish my book. My apologies to Jill Shalvis for misspelling her name. Now I need to choose a new book to read. I’ve got a dozen or so waiting for me on my ebook reader. It’s always nice to have something to read while doing laundry.

It’s time for Sunday Brunch at The Cybercafe. May I join you Schnootie? Viktor will be out with more coffees and a basket of mini pastries —and here he
    is. Oh, look, Zzyyggy’s favorite cinnamon buns.

Viktor, you are the best. May I please have a cheese and freggies plate, a fried egg over easy, and two turkey sausage patties?
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, welcome to the cyber cafe Schnootie. Nothing to shocking here. Except sometimes Igor goes to extremes with his decorations. He's got the place decorated for mother's day. Happy mother's day to all. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of lamb stew with dinner rolls and butter. A coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'm going to have it on the terrace since it's been raining outside in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. Mother’s Day is May 12th so we’ll have an entire week to enjoy the beautiful flower centerpieces in the dining room. As always, Igor went a little overboard on the patio by the pool, although the floating bouquets of pink roses in the pool are nice. The twelve foot height pink and red Mylar balloon MOM display with pink fairy lights is pretty big.

It’s lovely out here on the terrace tonight. I ordered lasagna with a salad and garlic bread for dinner. Apple pie and ice cream for dessert sounds great Zzyyggy. Viktor will put caramel sauce on my dessert and bring more coffee for us.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm a week behind. I thought yestarday was mother's day. Oh well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some chicken nuggets with french fries, coleslaw, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight, and watch the sunset. Maybe there will be a bonfire with s'mores?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! S’mores sound good, as long as I can have them with some mocha chocolate chip ice cream. Francois made up a special batch of ice cream right here in the cybercafe’s kitchen. Bet that will taste really great with an iced mocha. 😋

Oh, there’s a bit of a chilly breeze out here on the terrace tonight. The wind must be coming off the ocean. It will be a good evening to get a nice fire going. I see the guys already have the fire pits started.

I went to the doctor today for my annual wellness exam. The nurse gives me three words to remember: penny, apple, table. I couldn’t remember penny. Annoyingly, I think those were the same three words from last year. Does she ask every old person that question with the same three words? Perhaps I should write that down somewhere?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, She probably does, so she can remember them. I had a doctor's appointment today as well as a follow up on a new drug he prescribed for me last week. It's working pretty good with no side effects so he's going to increase the dosage. I was suppose to get a shot of Wegovy, a weight loss drug, but my insurance won't cover it. We're going to wait until next year to try. In the meantime I'm going to plug along. I have an appointment with a nutritionist in June. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a roast beef grinder with everything, a bag of chips, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream, and chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Did I mention I was in need of some chocolate therapy.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, your order is exactly what I need! Chocolate! I’ll order the roast beef grinder, too. Viktor knows I like mine with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, sweet pickles, and mayo. Dessert needs a little something—a healthy sprinkle of M&M’s! 😋

I’ve lost about 12 pounds since I started MFP. Well, I’ve lost more weight than gained it, then lost it. . . Pretty horrible considering I’ve been here for over three years. Recently, I decided to eat protein, vegetables, and fruit for breakfast and lunch, and then have my normal dinner with one or two servings of higher carbohydrate foods. I’m working at avoiding sugar and bread specifically, however, when I’m stressed I backslide. Today I was really stressed. Going to the doctor means setting up all these other doctor visits and tests. I hate it, especially since I’ve been avoiding scheduling a surgery I absolutely cannot avoid anymore, plus those unavoidable mammograms and colonoscopies. At least all my bloodwork came out good or getting better. Of course, that doesn’t justify the cookies I just ate. Sigh.

Coffee, Viktor, I need more coffee with chocolate. Another iced mocha, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm in the mood for pizza, and Francois happily fired up the outdoor pizza ovens. I'm going have a small with the works, and some chicken wings with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace since we didn't get any sunshine today nor will we for the rest of the week bleh.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the pizza was delicious. I waited to my dessert—a brownie with white icing and an iced coffee. I figure I’ll sit out here for a bit and then head on in for the night.

Sweetie has been putting a floor in an attic space we have off one of the upstairs bedrooms. He’s going to insulate and put up some house wrap, then put a vent into the HVAC. We’ll close the vent down enough that it will moderate the temperature and the humidity. Somehow we have managed to become our grandson’s storage locker for all the toys his parents don’t want cluttering up their house. Sweetie’s putting the vent in because we don’t want to melt all his Legos. The attic space is in the top of a gable end so the roof is slanted, still, it’s 14’ x 6’ which is a big enough space for shelves to stack containers on and even a table and chair if our grandson wants to sort through stuff. Sweetie needs to finish the attic soon because it’s getting too hot to be in the attic.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I woke up this morning at 3:30 am to the sound of rolling thunder. Decided to get up to listen to the storms passing north of us. Now it’s after 5:00 am and the storms are much closer. Mother Nature is putting on quite a show. You can feel the thunder through the floor and the windows rattling as the storm passes by. There’s a lull here and there, but we’ve got a whole line of storms to go through before it’s done. I’ve been watching the radar. It’s amazing how the storms literally break apart as they head toward us and then reform after they pass.

I decided to drop into the cybercafe for some coffee and a basket mini pastries. Francois has promised to make my favorite omelet. Mm, heaven.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm a little envious of you now. I want to see a thunderstorm come across the lake. I know I have the whole summer for that. For dinner tonight I'm going to have Chicken and dumplings with a salad, and a coca cola. Lots of butter for those dumplings. For dessert I'm going to have Betty's Better then Anything cake and an iced mocha. Had the real thing this morning when I went grocery shopping. I'll eat it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. Sweetie is finishing putting the floor in the attic room and he decided he’d wait to have dinner. I made pasta primavera so it can wait. If you put enough cheese on pasta primavera it’s really macaroni and cheese. Cake and an iced mocha for dessert will be perfect. It’s beautiful out here on the terrace this evening.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. It's Friday hey. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. I'm chilled today for some reason and can't seem to warm up. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. I'll have it out in the warm sunshine on the terrace, and watch the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! Francois made some delicious shrimp and grits with a mess of veggies and biscuits earlier and then I fell asleep and missed the sunset. Bummer. I think I’ll ask Viktor if he would put extra whipped cream on my iced mocha. I’ve made whipped cream with espresso powder in it before. It’s really yummy. I bet that would be good on an iced mocha.

Viktor can bring you a nice fuzzy fleece blanket if you’re still cold, Zzyyggy. Maybe one of the cats will sit on your lap and keep you warm, too. See, Useless is good for something.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have a porter house steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions, baked potato, salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I've never really liked whipped cream on my iced mochas. The hot mochas I do. I'll eat out on the terrace again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I thought iced mochas came with whipped cream. So do you order yours without the whipped cream? Actually, whipped cream in coffee tastes oily to me but I like whipped cream in hot chocolate and on pumpkin pie. I’ve never tried it on iced mocha caffe simply because I’ve never had an iced mocha, or a hot mocha, for that matter. I think I’ll order an iced mocha here at the cybercafe. Not something that I would generally order at bedtime, but I’m fairly certain it won’t keep me awake tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited May 12
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes iced mocha's do come with whipped cream unless like me you order them without. I'm going to order the Sunday spare rib dinner with onion rings, cole slaw and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of devil's food cake with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat it out on the terrace and enjoy the warm tropical sunshine sense we didn't get any sun today.
    Happy Mother's Day. Igor has the place decorated with all kinds of flowers and wreaths.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Francois made beef spare ribs for me for dinner and I ordered potato salad and his chopped tomato and vegetable salad to go with it. I’ve been enjoying all the Spring and Mother’s Day decorations, but Igor is ready to put up some of his red, white, and blue decor for Memorial Day and July 4th.

I think I’ll have my final cup of coffee for the day and enjoy the northern lights out here on the terrace. We can’t see the northern lights from our yard for all the trees and I’m too tired to go trooping up the street to watch the display tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yup Igor is at it again. Oh well let him have it. I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the bucket of fried chicken from you know where tonight with the mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, and coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat it out on the terrace where I can have some full sunshine no clouds.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I ordered the rotisserie chicken and coleslaw for dinner. I think I’ll have an ice cream sandwich with two of those chocolate chip cookies with cappuccino ice cream in the middle. 😋