WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• RustyBFF
    RustyBFF Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 14
    Options
    Hi all

I am tired today work is tough at the moment for me there seem to have been a spate of very difficult cases one in particular kept me awake last night. Sometimes its harder to compartmentalise things.

Heather that is lovely!

I literally add basil to every other supermarket order as I can barely keep it alive for a fortnight I have a black thumb, not greenfingers

Rusty in Yorkshire
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

I do not know the Lefse song! Need to Google that! …
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
    Here it is ;)https://youtu.be/GMVU1Ec05Yc?feature=shared

I love it! Catchy tune!!!💖🎶🎵👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Today’s gratitude: Today’s lunch date with Dr. A and T cancelled. Grateful I don’t have their stomach bug.
    Flea my basil think’s I’m Michele ;}. Let me know what works for you?
    Beth Fingers X’d for today’s activation.
    Machka will you get new baseboards? Thanks for the Happy Chemicals graphic. Hope the dental work goes smoothly and painlessly. Please share with us the solution to Rowan’s gardening mystery?
    Tracey hope you can find a line dance class nearby to try. For me it is fun, good aerobic exercise, and filled with good humor and kind people. Is the Delton Community League anywhere nearby? Monique how did you break your foot?
    Belated welcome @4Aon in Az and congratulations on completing your MSW!
    Heather my basil is very very leggy. Do you pinch yours back? What besides garlic, parmesan and oil do you put in with your basil for pesto? Hydroponic? Then is it possible I’m not overwatering?
    Allie hope your Dr.’s appointments went well.
    Lisa ah, pine nuts, I forgot. If Joe’s eaten all his, I’ll try walnuts in my mini batch of pesto. Thanks!
    Margaret thanks for the “Basil likes to stay moist and likes some shelter from intense sun. ,,, When about 4-6 inches cut off tops to get it to fill out and not go to seed” tips!!!
    Vicki hope the new CEO gets your department some depth. Worried about the hours you have to work to cover.
    Rita “JDI” is so apt. Didn’t know there was a free Silver Sneakers app, thanks!
    Lanette that sounds like a great program. Well done!
    Rusty shooshing you comfort as you struggle to compartmentalize that difficult case.
    Rebecca one of the Norska ladies sang the lefse song as part of our church’s international festival fundraiser years ago. Actually the lefsa the other ladiess made was quite tasty with butter and lingonberry jam. You went to the gym? Not bad at all, well done!
    So now its my turn to get up from this chair, and doo all the things I can find to do to put off the PT exercises ;{

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    edited May 14
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 12min 50sec, 156elev, 2.67ap, 86ahr, 142mhr, 6.02mi= 600c
    Strava app = 738c
    Outside slow jog- 22.04min, 23elev, 164spm, 153aw, 139ahr, 170mhr, 10.47min mi, 2.04mi= 215c
    Strava app = 251c

Total cal 815

Out at pismo for 5 days
    *starting to jog a bit while we are out camping*

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
    Had no inspiration at all for our painting session. Tired, in pain, and no enthusiasm. Decided to do it anyway as the first step is the hardest.
    As we were unpacking our art supplies, and deciding what needed to be thrown away, I spied the gold bottle I bought last year. Thought I could just have fun with that, so painted some gold leaves. And so on ........and so on.....
    Ended up with this, that I'm calling 'Pondlife'. :p
    zu0jopcoyuiy.jpg
    The colours and the metallics are much brighter in real life. Not something I would submit to the Royal Academy, but OK for a very reluctant start. :)

Now for a nap.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Love the painting
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,222 Member
    Options
    Good evening, my little chickadees. Craft was very pleasant this morning. Then after lunch did some of my ‘mystery’ jigsaw. No picture to work from is weird. Will be up early tomorrow to do weekly grocery shopping.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    Hello folks
    Well i went to the Fat dr.. and they gave me a script for Trulicity so here is hoping this will jump start on the weight loss. And went to the Gastrointestinal Dr.and they gave me a script for Gerd..
    Stopped to see the little guy and brought him his gifts from the Cape..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,000 Member
    Options
    So I was in a lot of pain. I decided to stay home and get my foot x-rayed. I discovered that I had multiple fractures. I was bummed cause I needed to work out to lose weight. I did a modified Zumba today for 30 minutes.

Ouch!

Can you do upper body exercise?

Machka in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    <3