1222324252628»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,730 Member
    edited April 19
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    @Lietchi

I forgot to add that if you eat a freshly made lasagna right away you need to let it sit for several hours so that the raw pasta softens before baking. I would normally assemble after lunchtime to bake in the evening, but you can leave one in the fridge overnight or use a recipe incorporating cooked lasagna sheets which is more work.

You can also simply pre-soak dry lasagna noodles for a couple hours and drain before using. They bake up perfectly.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,223 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs with caprese salad (with heritage tomatoes) for dinner tonight, that took care of 2 of the 6 balls of mozzarella di bufala.

Tomorrow: shrimp zucchini boats, with tomato sauce and grilled with mozzarella. It's BF's turn to cook, so I'm curious to discover what it's gonna be precisely 😆
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,730 Member
    Options
    That “inspiring” is simply because Lietchi’s other half can cook something besides a grilled cheese sandwich.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,223 Member
    Options
    That “inspiring” is simply because Lietchi’s other half can cook something besides a grilled cheese sandwich.

You made me laugh out loud 😆
    The cooking is 50/50 actually! (And the rest of the housework is mostly him)
    As it happens, I ask him to make me grilled ham and cheese sandwiches regularly, yum!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,645 Member
    Options
    RuhRoh. Cheeses on sale today at WF, which of course I fell for because I'm helpless in the face of favorites at a reduced price (even if still kinda expensive, but in my defense they're small). The unlabeled one is Cambozola Black. I guess I know what my treat foods will be for the next few days. ;):yum:
    6176x6m8i6yz.jpg

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,456 Member
    Options
    Two from Cypress Grove and a Cambozola Black?

If I wasn't going on the river in a few days, I'd get in the car and drive the 2400 miles for a taste.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,645 Member
    Options
    The "Bits and Bites" basket at Whole Foods was especially varied today, including some cheeses that were on sale, so I got a nice haul of small sample-sized chunks, 0.7-0.17 pound pieces, no more than a buck or so each, which seems like a low price for the fun.

Clockwise, starting with the vertical-ish one at left, Roth Aged Gouda (from Wisconsin), Cranberry Wensleydale, Saxon Homestead Creamery Hika Bay (also Wisconsin), Kerrygold 15 Month Aged Kilaree Cheddar (Ireland).

wjofkapvjbb2.jpg
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What a great thread! I didn’t get to read everything and it looks like it’s evolved a bit.

Came here to say I seriously considered buying the $1000 wheel of parmigiano from Costco. Struggled with how to store it, because even splitting with others would leave a huge amount which I’m confident I would have no problem going through eventually. But it’s definitely my favorite cheese for the bite, the flavor, saltiness, and the fact that my gut doesn’t hate it.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,685 Member
    Options
    I made a low fat burnt basque cheesecake last night because a friend came over for dinner. Being crustless, it is a non dedadent dessert. I whisk together a small tub of low fat Philadelphia cream cheese and an equal amount of 0% fat yoghurt or slightly more in a large spouted measuring cup. Whisk in enough condensed milk to sweeten to taste, and then add a tablespoon of flour and two eggs. I prefer to whisk by hand as it results in a denser texture. Put a spring form pan in the air fryer and fill it up from the measuring cup. If you don't use electrical appliances to beat, it won't rise much so you can fill the pan quite full. Bake at 150 for 20 minutes covering with a piece of foil for the first 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning. I forgot the foil and mine scorched too much so I camouflaged it with cherry sauce.
    lks47jm90o9r.jpeg

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I could give up meat and alcohol, but never cheese
  • Prutanakhl
    Prutanakhl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love cheeses of all kinds.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,685 Member
    Options
    @earlybirdlady

Are you lactose intolerant? I have heard that lactose intolerant people find they can eat several types of cheese as long as the bacteria which created the cheese has already digested most of the lactose.
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    @earlybirdlady

Are you lactose intolerant? I have heard that lactose intolerant people find they can eat several types of cheese as long as the bacteria which created the cheese has already digested most of the lactose.

@acpgee yes, lactose intolerance and I have heard the same. I've identified the cheeses I'm friends with and occasionally have a one night stand with some I don't tolerate as well and just deal with the consequences :D

Parmigiana, goat cheese, goat or sheep feta are my faves. Also your burnt crustless cheesecake looks divine! <3