Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

SAVE THE MFP NEWSFEED

Options
1235715

Replies

  • TheIronsMan
    TheIronsMan Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    SAVE OUR NEWS FEED!!!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,086 Member
    Options
    I can't quite wrap my head around the concept of taking NewsFeed away... unless they're planning to replace it with something better??

    Save our newsfeed, indeed!!
  • txmama63
    txmama63 Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    SAVE THE NEWSFEED. This is a quick and easy way to encourage and share with our MFP friends. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT AWAY!!!!!!
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options


    I miss the MFP of the past. [/quote]

    Right, they should not have bought this if they are unable to maintain and upgrade it properly. [/quote]

    I’m sorry to say this but they bought it because they saw a chance to make money. They don’t care about the users (no profit making company does - they care about ROI for shareholders). They can make money by increasing income or reducing expenditure. The newsfeed - and any other changes coming - are the reduction in expenditure portion.

    It isn’t going to return, I suspect the site will be simplified / show increasing lack of investment until they’ve milked it. Then they’ll either sell it off at a reduced rate having profited from increased fees and decreased expenditure or break it up and sell the code and mailing lists. If they haven’t already.

    Is this crap practice? Yes. Is this what all big business does? Also yes. Is this how banks, pension and investment funds make money? Yes.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Please save MFP
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

    I’m sorry to say this but they bought it because they saw a chance to make money. They don’t care about the users (no profit making company does - they care about ROI for shareholders). They can make money by increasing income or reducing expenditure. The newsfeed - and any other changes coming - are the reduction in expenditure portion.

    It isn’t going to return, I suspect the site will be simplified / show increasing lack of investment until they’ve milked it. Then they’ll either sell it off at a reduced rate having profited from increased fees and decreased expenditure or break it up and sell the code and mailing lists. If they haven’t already.

    Is this crap practice? Yes. Is this what all big business does? Also yes. Is this how banks, pension and investment funds make money? Yes.

    The thing is: they are still making developments on the app, the past months I've seen several changes (integrating sleep, logging progress on the dashboard...), so they are still spending money on it, but they've decided the newsfeed specifically isn't worth investing in.
    I know, and it’s sad for those who really used it and benefited. But MFP just doesn’t care - presumably they have decided it’s not worth the investment.

    Now, if someone on these forums can come up with a way to make the newsfeed pay for MFP - pretty sure they’d sit up and listen then!
  • Pennyandlu
    Pennyandlu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Joining the boycott tomorrow as well, as are most of my friends, many of whom have logging streaks in the thousands they are willing to forfeit in hopes of saving the newsfeed. I had to rejoin last week under a new name so that's not my case so "respect" to those of you who are giving that streak up for one day of not logging to make a point! As I've been reading the newsfeed the last couple of days it seems quieter already and so I'm wondering if some members have already departed. I don't have a large friend list (by design) but some of my friends do, and I've noticed very few comments in general on their posts and mine as well. Sad days ahead I fear............... :'(
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    Pennyandlu wrote: »
    Joining the boycott tomorrow as well, as are most of my friends, many of whom have logging streaks in the thousands they are willing to forfeit in hopes of saving the newsfeed. I had to rejoin last week under a new name so that's not my case so "respect" to those of you who are giving that streak up for one day of not logging to make a point! As I've been reading the newsfeed the last couple of days it seems quieter already and so I'm wondering if some members have already departed. I don't have a large friend list (by design) but some of my friends do, and I've noticed very few comments in general on their posts and mine as well. Sad days ahead I fear............... :'(

    Unfortunately some friends have already lost access to the newsfeed with the Memorial day long weekend it is very quiet
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    Hey All

    Francisco Partners is on LinkedIn...search them on there and message them.
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Save the feed
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My newsfeed was a part of the support I use daily. I have been around for years and I am a premium member. I will not be renewing my subscription if the support features that I value are gone. Not everyone on my list is friends and I shouldn’t have to make individual groups to keep in touch. It’s inconvenient and unnecessary.

    Such a disappointment to see this change.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Is this some kind of ploy? For what it's worth, the news feed is the only reason I log in and see the advertisements. Without the feed to get my eyes on the ads that revenue is going to be lost.

    Same.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    FibroHiker wrote: »
    Is this some kind of ploy? For what it's worth, the news feed is the only reason I log in and see the advertisements. Without the feed to get my eyes on the ads that revenue is going to be lost.

    Same.

    Well, I'm wondering if that's why I now have ads at the top AND in the MIDDLE of my diary, because they were anticipating the disappearance of the newsfeed ads...
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    FibroHiker wrote: »
    Is this some kind of ploy? For what it's worth, the news feed is the only reason I log in and see the advertisements. Without the feed to get my eyes on the ads that revenue is going to be lost.

    Same.

    Well, I'm wondering if that's why I now have ads at the top AND in the MIDDLE of my diary, because they were anticipating the disappearance of the newsfeed ads...

    Interestingly I used to get that c 7 years ago, which meant I couldn’t load my food diary (poor phone signal). That’s why I went to premium. Wonder if that has come
    Back?