Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited July 7
    I use it daily.

Disagree that the newsfeed is a duplicate of the community forum.

The newsfeed is private, community forum is public.

The newsfeed is a personal hub to see all of your friends achievements, posts, comments in one central, personal location.— The community forum requires that you input each friend’s screen names one by one to communicate. If you have 80 friends… that’s a ludicrous amount of time and wholly inefficient.
    These things would make MFP more interactive and motivational

Many users are flagging that their newsfeeds are already highly interactive and motivational. This is the essence of the support pal user experience and why so many will miss it. It’s been the most positive impact of the app experience for them.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited July 1
    I just checked iPhone App Store… users have been leaving 1 star reviews and citing the loss of the newsfeed!
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,877 MFP Staff
    @Betty I’m getting reports from friends (via groups) that their feed is now gone and they can no longer access their friends list to send private messages.

We were assured the friends list would remain for this purpose. What’s the deal? Should we be writing down names of friends?

Heads up for yall who want to stay in touch with friends, in case this is not resolved.

Hi @springlering62, Yes the feed will likely start going away for folks. However the Friend's list should not be impacted. If anyone is having issues accessing their friends list please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,877 MFP Staff
    edited July 1
    @Betty I’m getting reports from friends (via groups) that their feed is now gone and they can no longer access their friends list to send private messages.

We were assured the friends list would remain for this purpose. What’s the deal? Should we be writing down names of friends?

Heads up for yall who want to stay in touch with friends, in case this is not resolved.

Hi @springlering62, Yes the feed will likely start going away for folks. However the Friend's list should not be impacted. If anyone is having issues accessing their friends list please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,503 Member
    edited July 1
    Betty wrote: »
    Yes the feed will likely start going away for folks.
    It's happening!
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,507 Member
    Betty wrote: »

Currently, I can see the feed, but can’t see my profile and can’t see the profiles of most of my friends.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    edited July 1
    SAVE OUR NEWSFEED!!!!
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    edited July 1
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I just checked iPhone App Store… users have been leaving 1 star reviews and citing the loss of the newsfeed!

I was just checking on the iPhone App Store out of curiosity and pretty much the only recent reviews there now are 5 stars and not one mentions the newsfeed, only the barcode scanner moving to Premium.

That is crazy!!