October Shredders!!!!!!!!

Replies

• deedeefelldown
    deedeefelldown Posts: 57 Member
    I bought the DVD last week and have done it twice so far but never the whole 20 mins. I had to stop because of shoulder problems but am up for starting the October challenge. Count me in!!!
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 458 Member
    I bought the DVD and have yet to open the package. I would love to join you all. I will actually do it if I am held accountable. :)
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    just to throw this out there. everyone always tells me I don't need to lose weight, but I have PCOS and one of the biggest symptoms is obesity, and 80% of those diagnosed get diabetes. I want to shed a few pounds and keep on top of my body so that I don't fall into either of those categories!!:wink:
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    I'm actually quite excited to be starting the shred now!! Roll on saturday evening!! (I'm waiting until the evening because I'm working during the day and don't want to be aching at work!)

Going to try and upload my pics and measurements tonight, eeek!
  • Can I join even though I have been doing 30DS since Monday?
  • thistleandfi
    thistleandfi Posts: 102 Member
    just to throw this out there. everyone always tells me I don't need to lose weight, but I have PCOS and one of the biggest symptoms is obesity, and 80% of those diagnosed get diabetes. I want to shed a few pounds and keep on top of my body so that I don't fall into either of those categories!!:wink:

i have a few friends with PCOS who are quite obsese and struggle so much - my hat is off to you by wanting to take preventative steps & avoid the heartbreak and stress that comes with a lot of extra weight. Sounds like you are doing what's best for you, your body, and your health. Sometimes we just have to block out other voices :flowerforyou:
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 325 Member
    Im up for the challenge, I unfortunately did 15 days and fell off the 30DS wagon... so Im going to do it for real this time :)
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 801 Member
    Im up for the challenge, I unfortunately did 15 days and fell off the 30DS wagon... so Im going to do it for real this time :)

yaaaaaaaaaay mimi!! everyday this time!! we can do it!
  • thistleandfi
    "fell off the 30DS wagon" made me lol irl. ty! going to keep that in mind if at any point i feel like giving up (fell off the wagon after 5 days or so last time).
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member

i have a few friends with PCOS who are quite obsese and struggle so much - my hat is off to you by wanting to take preventative steps & avoid the heartbreak and stress that comes with a lot of extra weight. Sounds like you are doing what's best for you, your body, and your health. Sometimes we just have to block out other voices :flowerforyou:

I too have PCOS, and 80 Lbs to lose (now that I am down 20 Lbs).... besides turning 42 in December, our bodies (women with PCOS) a have a harder time losing weight, as we have insulin resistance. I have felt my entire life that this was kind of an excuse to not put so much effort into losing weight, because it would really frustrate me that I would struggle so much harder than my friends, and lose a lot less. It gets to a point where you just give up.

But not this time. This time I am determined !

And so grateful to have found my new MFP "family". The majority of my friends here have been amazing so far. Thank you to every single one of you ! :heart:
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME,............. I want to join in!! :happy:

Taking the pictures will be hard :ohwell:
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    I don't have the DVD or the money to buy it, can I still join and do something else? :frown:
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    okay let's do this! :):)
  • mamax04
    mamax04 Posts: 10 Member
    i want to join - i make it a week and then fizzle out
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,268 Member
    I am so happy to see all these new challenge members!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should set a separate goal of inches lost. What do ya'll think?
  • I don't have the DVD or the money to buy it, can I still join and do something else? :frown:

You may try your public library. I was surprised that my library had several copies available.
  • thistleandfi
    tried not to freak out (too much) taking pics and uploading them. but its done :ohwell:

not going to look at them again until its time for the ~after~ pics :)
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Am I too late?
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 325 Member

yaaaaaaaaaay mimi!! everyday this time!! we can do it!

lol! not at this time, I am unfortunately at work drifting away around this time... after lunch I always feel like sleeping ....
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 472 Member
    So I took my measurements and took my pictures. I want to burn the pictures.. :sad:

Right now I'm just counting down till 9 pm. That's when I get off work. YAY!

Amber