October Shredders!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• thistleandfi
    thistleandfi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Suggestion from personal experience -
    Look up some good hamstring, quad, glut, & calf stretches & even some arm ones - I found it extremely helpful last time (and this time since I've already started) in mitigating soreness. My biggest complaint about JM and this DVD is the lack of stretching. I know part of the selling point is how brief the the workout is & not everyone will have time but if you do, it certainly can't hurt... especially if you are going to do this every single day & aren't already in good/great condition (*raises hand*) lol.

just my 2 cents :smile:
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Considered joined!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Well no pics from me until I figure out what is wrong with my camera, it keeps telling me it needs new batteries even though I put new ones in. Hmmm I'll buy some new batteries today and if that doesn't work guess I'll be buying a new camera next week. Will upload pics as soon as I can. So looking forward to Jillian kicking my *kitten* tomorrow.
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    OK, my weights have arrived, I've done my measurements and added them, but no photos yet, as my card reader has conked out on me and I don't know where the lead is for my camera!

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to tomorrow, although I'm slightly terrified!!

Good luck everyone, see you all tomorrow!!
  • LYNLEY1
    LYNLEY1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this challenge, and hope it's not too late to join in. I took the liberty of adding my name to the spreadsheet, along with my weight. Didn't have my measurement at hand, but went ahead anyway as I wanted to join before the challenge was closed off. I'm hoping that I can add them later today.

Thanx Lynley1
  • ML1020
    Options
    I posted my weight, measurements and pics. Now I will curl up into the fetal postion and hide until Jillian starts kicking my butt! :)
    Tomorrow I have a zumba master class, possibly body pump and day 1 of the shed. I may not be able to walk on Sunday!
  • amber11132122
    Options
    Not sure if my name is on spread sheet but here is my starting stats
    Sw 195
    Chest 47
    Waist 45
    Hips 46
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    To everyone with camera problems : I did not find my own camera, so took the pics with my phone and emailed them to myself. Saved the pics on the computer - and uploaded.....

Just an idea.....:flowerforyou:

CANT WAIT FOR TOMORROW !!! You would think that I am going to win the Lotto or something !
  • partonsara
    partonsara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Alright stats and pictures posted, woah...this girl is off to bed! see you in the morning ladies!:wink:
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    Where are you all posting your pictures at?
  • Nat_09
    Nat_09 Posts: 1
    Options
    Oh here we go!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Just posted measurements and glancing at other measurements posted confirmed that compared to my waist my hips are HUGE! Not sure how to post pics but I think posting measurements is enough humiliation for today...
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Is it okay if I still join? I can add my measurements and weight to the spreadsheet, and I figure it's still September in the next time zone over! I want to shred!
  • Jennilvmp
    Options
    Where are ya'll uploading pics to! I put mine on my profile am I suppost to be uploading them somewhere else?
    Cant wait to shred in the mornin!!!!
  • MittenKitten1219
    MittenKitten1219 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So excited, day one down! (Korea time so I'm ahead!) I have such hope for this month!

PS taking pictures hurt a lot... I hope I can see an actual difference in the after pics!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 finished! I'd already done half of this DVD before and then hurt my write (be careful!) and always find the jumping jacks and jump rope combo the toughest - so sore on the backs of my legs! Btw I used my HRM and burned 185 calories (at 145lbs) in case anyone's interested - so pretty similar to circuit training on here, though probably less if you're lighter and more if heavier. Good luck everyone :) I'll post my pics once my partner gets out of bed to take them!!
  • slainnz
    slainnz Posts: 75
    Options
    Yes day1 level1 down 29 days to go!!!!!
  • wendiekins
    Options
    OK ... I'm putting my hands up as the first failure :(( it beat me!!!
    I knew I would be biting off more than I could chew signing up for this challenge as I wasnt very fit to start with so am not expecting great results from my 30 DS as I've not done much excercise like this before. I am gonna use this month very differently to the rest of you. My target is to build enough strength just to finish level 1 by the end of the month!!!
    Hope every one else does way better than me!!! x
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    wendiekins it will get easier every day, just keep trying. You will be surprised how much easier it seems in a few more days. I'll be doing my day 1 later today. I'm heading back to bed now that the baby is back asleep.
  • angenz
    angenz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I've just joined up. Never done anything like this before.... hopefully it will give me the motivation and encouragement to stay on track. Never sure where to take the measurements... I took the widest part of my hips/thighs for the hip measurement. Any advise as to what others do?