October Shredders!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• gorgeousgunner
    Options
    Hey,

I just bought this today so am starting tonight would love to join :)

Laura
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    How many of you guys are jsut doing the shred?? And no other activiy? Im thinking about adding walking for 1/2 hour
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ok so how do we add pictures? i have nooo idea!!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever like JM but now I officially hate her! Also Amazon has each level for $1.99.
  • alim10
    alim10 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What pound weights is everyone using? I go between 2, 5, and 10 depending on the exercise, but should I just stick with one? Also, how are you recording this? I don't want to over or underestimate. I did light/moderate calesthenics but only got 107 (or something like that) calories. The vigorous effort put me over 300. I just want to be as accurate as possible.
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Okay so I woke up this morning saying I'd do it after Daniel went off to work. Daniel went off to work about 10:30 am.

So here I am piddling around doing this and that. I look at the clock and it's 2 pm already. Good lord I should have gotten off my hiney and done it way before now I think to myself. So I did. I popped in the DVD and immediately I'm thinking "okay let's see how bad it's going to be"

Well. it wasn't horrible. The jumping jacks weren't all that bad. Butt kicks - well I'm far from kicking my *kitten* with my foot. Lunges and crunches - Those seemed alright. I can feel the burn in my stomach and legs mostly upper thigh area. I suppose that's a good thing. I even did the push up's. Could never actually do girl push up's though only the regular kind.

I don't like Anita though. Why? Oh I dunno because she reminds me way to much of Sarah (Daniel's ex wife) and goodness knows there's enough drama going on there with her that I don't think necessary to go into. All the same, I plan to look better than that girl. Anita and Sarah! So ha.. and ha to you JM! I got through Day 1 and I survived!

I see you all are kicking some butt!

Have a great rest of the day/night!

Amber
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i joined another one and just now found this one! More motivation to read from people. I finished my workout today -- Woah! that was rough! I planned on taking Wednesdays off....but maybe i wont :)

Good luck ladies!!!
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the work out yet, but I'm just about to upload my pics and enter my stats. Ugh!
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What pound weights is everyone using? I go between 2, 5, and 10 depending on the exercise, but should I just stick with one? Also, how are you recording this? I don't want to over or underestimate. I did light/moderate calesthenics but only got 107 (or something like that) calories. The vigorous effort put me over 300. I just want to be as accurate as possible.

I am using 3Lbs throughout the whole time - and think I will DIE if I increase the weights now.... Maybe later.

I log it in as 25 mins circuit training - gives me about 240 cals I believe.... i have the Body Fit, and actually need to use it next time to track the exact amout.
  • gorgeousgunner
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

I'm in London so with the time difference it's evening here and I just completed Day one and survived! Feel really good about committing to doing this but reckon my muscles will be sore in the next few days!

Laura
  • daniellesb1
    Options
    :wink:
    i joined another one and just now found this one! More motivation to read from people. I finished my workout today -- Woah! that was rough! I planned on taking Wednesdays off....but maybe i wont :)

Good luck ladies!!!

Girl, we have an AWESOME group of people here, but again, I am biased.....

Good luck to you too !
  • daniellesb1
    Options
    Ok, so I just wanted to say that - curiosity got me, and I did check out pics of my lovely fellow Shredders, and I muts say that some of you look AWESOME already !! I can only imagine how more defined and ripped you will look in 30 Days ! And for me - cant WAIT for my transformation to bring me closer to look like some of you gorgeous ladies !

And I love it how some of you were brave enough to take pictures in your underwear - that's what I had originally wanted to do - but chickened out.....

Oh, and am I the only dingbat to take an "after workout" pic ??? :laugh:

Ok, I will stop obsessing and stalking now.
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Well that was certainly an experience lol!! I was right to be scared!

I've just had a very long, hot, rubbish day at work, 6 and a half hours in a hot kitchen running round after people and I came home to Jillian Michaels and her 20 minutes of pain. I was already aching when I got home from work and now everything aches, I even have a headache.

Oh well, at least I've burned 268 calories according to my HRM, which incidentally was beeping madly at me through most of the cardio sections for going over my maximum target heartrate :embarassed:

Well I'm off to bed, see you all tomorrow!!
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I decided not to use the weights my first time, but tomorrow Im going to use 2 pound ones for the 1st week and 3 pound ones for the other days
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Just finished D6L1....totally wore me out today.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    ok, call me crazy, but i just did the workout again:noway: ! There is a reason: running 5k in the early am and i dont want to miss a day and due to football tommorow, my drinking will probably start right after my run, lol, leaving no time for 30DS. So, day 2 down for me! I:wink::wink: did them 6 hours apart and my body feels like jello. We can and will do this! you guys rock!:smooched: :smooched:

I am using 5 pound dumbells which is real tough for me during side lunges and are lifts :explode:
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You are indeed insane! Yey for your first 5K :D.... I did day 1 today n felt great :) we'll see tomorrow... I use 3lb weights but I plan to purchase 5lbs today :D
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just finished D1L1!!!! So excited and can't wait for the 30 days to be over. I can honestly say that I've never had sweat pore off me like that. It was GROSSSSSSSSSS :) Guess I did something right! Good luck to everyone and if you need more motivation feel free to message and friend me :)
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS d1L1 today and I really liked it.
    I also ran a tough 3 miles and then stretched with some yoga.
    I kicked my butt for sure.