October Shredders!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ok. I did day 1 last night, day 2 this morning and I had 2 eggs with a little salsa for breakfast and a glass of OJ..... Its was past lunch time and the htought of food is yuck. is this normal after starting big exercise? i feel kinda gross but I know I need calories. what's up with this? anyone else?
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, don't forget to stretch.

Ooof.. Yeah i need to stretch. I wound up taking a nap after doing my things I needed to get done and I woke up and back down I went. Knees are not my friend at the moment.

Thanks for the reminder hun!
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just a question for everybody. Do you do the shred in the morning, afternoon, or evening and why? I normally wake up for work at 4:30 and don' t want to get up any earlier but after the first workout (that nearly killed me) I'm starting to think I should do it in the morning just to get it over with. I don't get home from work until 5:45-6:00pm then with dinner and waiting for awhile after I eat would put me at about 7:00-7:30. Ugh, decisions decisions. So let's hear what you do.
  • Amber393
    Options
    I'm going to try for the morning time since I'm usually up around 5-6 am anyhow. If not then during the week and my scheduled shifts which are from 9 am to 1 pm and from 5 pm to 9 pm it'll be during the off time between 1 and 4 pm.Weekends and off days from work will be in the morning. It's just easier that way.

Hope that isn't to complicated.. LOL!

Amber
  • Amber393
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

How are we all doing tonight?

My knees are omg I hate you hurt hurt hurt.

I'm hoping another long soak in the tub before bed will help some. I already took one earlier today after workout! Besides what else will I do? I'm still waiting on the bedding to dry. Packed up the summer stuff and now for the warmer sheets and blanket!

Enjoy your night or morning depending on the time zone. :laugh:

xo

Amber
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am feeling it but I sort of like the feeling. Each time I move I am reminded I got a good workout in this morning.

I do mine when I can. I am a mom to five girls with a husband that is gone most weeks. So I squeeze in workouts when I can. The morning was better for me today. I did it at night yesterday.

My goal is to get in a walk while my daughter is in seminary (6 AM) and then get in the 30ds after I get everyone from school. Then I can have the teens do it with me and torture them more too. Hehe
  • clairibou1
    Options
    could i still join? i started yesterday and took my measurements, but i didn't see this until today.
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2. Yay me. I didn't feel like I was going to vomit and I was able to do almost everything they did. If I couldn't do all the jumping jacks I still kept moving. I think it will get better with each day until we move onto the second set where I will once again scream horrible and mean things to all three of those ladies.

Hang in there everybody. :smile:
  • Amber393
    Options
    Just finished day 2. Yay me. I didn't feel like I was going to vomit and I was able to do almost everything they did. If I couldn't do all the jumping jacks I still kept moving. I think it will get better with each day until we move onto the second set where I will once again scream horrible and mean things to all three of those ladies.

Hang in there everybody. :smile:

It's not so much screaming at Natalie. She seems alright. Jillian and Anita though well that's another story. LOL! Screaming at them oh yeah most definitely.

I'm still hating the jump rope.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 and I am very hopeful that by the end of this I won't hear my fat slapping when I do jumping jacks. LMAO Seriously embarrassing.

Oh, and can I say how hard it is to do bicycle crunches with a 2 year old sitting on your stomach???

Great job today ladies!!! Can't wait until tomorrow.
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 and I am very hopeful that by the end of this I won't hear my fat slapping when I do jumping jacks. LMAO Seriously embarrassing.

Oh, and can I say how hard it is to do bicycle crunches with a 2 year old sitting on your stomach???

Great job today ladies!!! Can't wait until tomorrow.

The fat slapping is EXACTLY the reason I suggested someone create a sports bra for the belly....... :tongue:

Ah Donovan just wants to help you !! And this is the reason I need Zoe to fall asleep so I can go do it - the very first time the I did it last month, or I should say the only day I did it..... Zoe sat there staring at me for a while, then got up, started laughing and said : "Mommy, you are sooooo silly ! Whah you doin ??" It kinda made me unsettled to have my 2 1/2 yo calling me silly and laughing at me.....:laugh:

Ok, I am going to go update my blog with my Day 2 experience...... Have a great night ladies ! :yawn:
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just finished!!!! Yay me!!!! I made it through while my hubby laid on the couch cheering me and videotaping (w/o my permission) lol!!! It's amazing how much you can sweat in 20min!!!

Jillian's going DOWN tomorrow!!!!!
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow....so because i'm SOOO sore...i have to use the damn handicap bathroom stall to slowly sit down and lift myself up LMAO.... i hope day 3 is a little better...dont get me wrong No pain no gain....so i'm on the road to success..but DAMN!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    You guys all sound like you're in so much pain!! :(
    This is my 4th attempt at completing the DVD (and WILL this time!) and the only part of my body that hurts (and it's not bad at all) is my right butt cheek, haha. Comparing the first time I started to this time, I feel 1,000x better afterwards.

It does get better, I promise!!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I can't pick up my legs. The darn bicycle and reverse crunches do a number on my hips. Any suggestions for stretches for that (other than the pose in my avatar lol)? Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good!
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The boy and I did ours today and there was still much grunting and yelling. My shoulders and I are in a fight. I'm HORRIBLE at pushups and that anterior raise thing, but I think I had done enough work on my legs so that Jillian's stuff isn't killing them. Do you think it's ok if I do C25K at the same time as this? I started it last week and think I have to repeat the first week, but I want to keep both going. I don't think I'll die, but who knows?
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    Finished day 2...yeah. My two youngest boys started out doing the workout with me before daddy put them to their bed. And my Shi-tzu Emma was in my face trying to give kisses when I was doing my pushups.

Day 2 was definitely harder because of the soreness! My legs were screaming at me. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just finished my D2 and man it feels so good to stick with something!! Yes I know it's only day 2 but the old me would have totally stopped after how I feel from just day 1. Looking forward to tomorrow and everyones funny stories!!!! :) Night everyone!
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Aw man, I started it on the 1st by myself as like a countdown to Halloween. Didn't know there was a group =[
  • summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 2, but had to downgrade from 5 lbs weights to soup cans. Hoping to jump back to the 5 lbs tomorrow.