Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

SAVE THE MFP NEWSFEED

Options

Replies

• michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I’m transitioning over to Lose It! Feel free to look me up and add me there. Michael, same profile pic. RIP MFP
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    It’s unbelievable that they are republishing old reviews and passing them off as new glowing reviews of their app.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So sad to see the newsfeed is going away :( It's so user friendly and helped to connect us all. I checked the 'group' tab and I've been in 2 groups for years and I'm just NOT active there (let's be honest, I get lost in the 16,000 members and NO ONE notices my absence there). Those large groups just aren't the same as a small group of friends you can follow, encourage and cheer on along the way.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    I checked the 'group' tab and I've been in 2 groups for years and I'm just NOT active there (let's be honest, I get lost in the 16,000 members
    Yup. "Groups" aren't a bad idea, but MFPs version is hopelessly broken.
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I just checked iPhone App Store… users have been leaving 1 star reviews and citing the loss of the newsfeed!

I was just checking on the iPhone App Store out of curiosity and pretty much the only recent reviews there now are 5 stars and not one mentions the newsfeed, only the barcode scanner moving to Premium.

Interesting.

So interesting.. I went back and scrolled through after I read your post @COGypsy and on Tuesday.. many people edited former 9 month- 1year old reviews.. so they look like recent.

Notice the dates of the developer responses from last June, July, September and beyond when the reviews originated. There are dozens of these.

What a coincidence that Tuesday is when people started posting on the forum to leave critical feedback for MFP on app stores.

#MFPReviewScam

@Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB

2etfhjjdlghi.jpeg

ccooid114lwd.jpeg
    v7rtrvpkjgyf.jpeg
    l7hqeg8ff9u8.jpeg
    11ebcmdmjpa2.jpeg
    I saw this. Wow.

@Betty

Seriously if MFP put this much effort into fixing the glitches of MFP I don't think we'd be talking about the newsfeed going

So sad that Mfp is stooping so low

Please pass this on the the BIG GUYS since they refuse to share their contact information
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    Problems with the forum:

1) you have to sign in separately from MFP and I'm not sure if it remembers your preferences or settings.

2) it isn't connected to our announcements (logging streak, weight loss, exercises) for passive feedback (and shouldn't be because it is in a completely different section).

3) it's less personal and cultivated and prone to heated discussions and spam.

4) private groups requires moderating unlike our Newsfeed and many users don't have time for that role or responsibility so it will decline in activity and interest.

5) your Profile information is not completely private when it switches to the Community section and is the new Home Page (replacing the News Feed in the MFP section). The information that you enter about yourself and your photos are public and the only section that is private is the Activity Feed. Members might not want their photos and information made public.

6) you cannot edit or delete your posts after an hour. On the Newsfeed, you can edit a post by deleting it and posting a corrected version (crappy workaround but better than nothing and there is no time limit on that).

Sad that members are being fragmented and scattered due to the cold corporate decision to force the "community" section on them mistaking "community" for what they have been enjoying with the News Feed.

The personalized and private Newsfeed was one of the few things that was working right after other desirable features has been slowly chipped away. The following motto does not apply to MFP: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

@Betty

Perfectly said 👏

Please forward on Betty....if anyone is actually listening
  • NoMoreTwizzlers
    NoMoreTwizzlers Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I just checked iPhone App Store… users have been leaving 1 star reviews and citing the loss of the newsfeed!

I was just checking on the iPhone App Store out of curiosity and pretty much the only recent reviews there now are 5 stars and not one mentions the newsfeed, only the barcode scanner moving to Premium.

Interesting.

So interesting.. I went back and scrolled through after I read your post @COGypsy and on Tuesday.. many people edited former 9 month- 1year old reviews.. so they look like recent.

Notice the dates of the developer responses from last June, July, September and beyond when the reviews originated. There are dozens of these.

What a coincidence that Tuesday is when people started posting on the forum to leave critical feedback for MFP on app stores.

#MFPReviewScam

@Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB

2etfhjjdlghi.jpeg

ccooid114lwd.jpeg
    v7rtrvpkjgyf.jpeg
    l7hqeg8ff9u8.jpeg
    11ebcmdmjpa2.jpeg
    Can we say, "CYA, class?"