Stop eating breakfast. Here's why.

Options
Ok, have I got your attention now? For a long time we've been fed the idea that breakfast is important. In fact, people call it the most important meal of the day (mostly cereal companies. . .jk). I started to learn about a year ago that this wasn't true. The more I researched and read, the more I realised that we were getting bad info. I started skipping breakfast and even lunch, not eating until I got off work around 3, and I started losing weight on demand and felt great once I got used to it. There are programs that make use of this idea, such as intermittent fasting, which I've used with success.

I posted another article from this author the other day, but I just found this one and again feel the need to let everyone else read this. I believe strongly in the things this author believes in and they have all worked for me. Yes, he does have programs he's designed, but I'm not trying to sell anything. I just want everyone to have this information.

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/nutrition/logic-does-not-apply-part-2-breakfast/

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm inclined to disagree with you.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    yeaahh I am no feeling this. pish posh.
  • princessthecat22
    princessthecat22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I disagree, if I dont eat breakfast then I tend to eat way more during the day, and they usually are not good options Im eating.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

^^ this.

Plus (from looking at your diary) you are eating what you should calorie wise for the most part... you just do it in one mass sitting instead of spreading it out. So, i don't see a point in fasting then bingeing
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    sorry! not giving up my glucerna shake in the morning! or my eggies on the weekend. This may work for you... but not for me. :)
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Sorry...never giving up breakfast! It is my favorite meal of the day!!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Agreed. http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-weight-eat-breakfast
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The only way I would be willing to give up breakfast (& lunch!?) is if I had the luxury of sleeping until 2:00. Nope, not gonna happen.
  • slbeutler
    Options
    You could probably find an article to support any diet or nutrional philosophy. Stick with sources you know are valid and do what works for you.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It all depends I think. Calories in vs calories out.

I don't eat breakfast every day, but I eat a bigger lunch those days usually. As long as I know how many calories I am consuming in a day, it doesn't matter when I eat them.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I started skipping breakfast and even lunch, not eating until I got off work around 3, and I started losing weight on demand and felt great once I got used to it. There are programs that make use of this idea, such as intermittent fasting, which I've used with success.

Yea that's called starving yourself. Anorexics have been doing it for years.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    I disagree, if I dont eat breakfast then I tend to eat way more during the day, and they usually are not good options Im eating.

This. I'll be more likely to eat those chips with lunch or go out to dinner.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i usually wake up hungry, and i'm a total ***** when i'm hungry (and, thankfully, ONLY when i'm hungry!), so i think it's in the best interest of those who have to deal with me that i continue to eat breakfast!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I read it as "blah blah blah.... magic formula.. blah blah blah...."

No thanks.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast regularly. Days where I force myself to eat it I tend to over eat the rest of the day.

I like having bigger meals so that I can get that "full" and satisfied feeling.

Intermittant fasting has worked well for me.
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As someone who is hypoglycemic, I'm inclined to disagree. If I didn't eat until 3, I get up at 7AM I'm afraid I may pass out. So...don't think so!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Ok, have I got your attention now? For a long time we've been fed the idea that breakfast is important. In fact, people call it the most important meal of the day (mostly cereal companies. . .jk). I started to learn about a year ago that this wasn't true. The more I researched and read, the more I realised that we were getting bad info. I started skipping breakfast and even lunch, not eating until I got off work around 3, and I started losing weight on demand and felt great once I got used to it. There are programs that make use of this idea, such as intermittent fasting, which I've used with success.

I posted another article from this author the other day, but I just found this one and again feel the need to let everyone else read this. I believe strongly in the things this author believes in and they have all worked for me. Yes, he does have programs he's designed, but I'm not trying to sell anything. I just want everyone to have this information.

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/nutrition/logic-does-not-apply-part-2-breakfast/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYo5WxCLscZVnILThkqAeYUI9zPtL0vEsGz7RsQ0kCgflbg18eAA
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I disagree also. I don't believe skipping any meal is a good idea. It's not healthy!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I psychically can't give up breakfast or I feel like crap.
    If I skip breakfast I get nauseousness, light headedness, hot and cold flashes, and pretty bad headaches.

So not worth it.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I started skipping breakfast and even lunch, not eating until I got off work around 3,

Yeah, I did this for years (unintentionally) and screwed up my metabolism but good. Eating regularly has gotten me back to where I needed to be to lose weight and stay healthy.

One rule does not fit all.