Stop eating breakfast. Here's why.

Options

Replies

• siabevis
    Options
    I would never advise skipping breakfast. Its the most important meal of the day. Thumbs down!

www.1fitchick.blogspot.com
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I read it as "blah blah blah.... magic formula.. blah blah blah...."

No thanks.

Agreed

Third monkey.

I'll skip breakfast and go take some Hydroxycut. Maybe then I'll look like Kim Kardashian.

LOL Love this!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I believe in breakfast for many reasons. Mostly bc if I intake 1000 calories at a breakfast, I have all day to burn it off. As opposed to eating some fried chicken and going to bed.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat breakfast or lunch either. Back in the day, 18 years ago when I met my husband I weighed 98 pounds naturally. I ate breakfast then and lunch. But slowly life and children crept in and so did 53 pounds! Since Aug 12 this year, I had surgery and realized I would've recovered faster if I had been in better health. So I used my resources, (thank you MFP), and I joined a community of like minded people. We have done a complete lifestyle change in our home, including the kids. We all eat breakfast, we all eat lunch, we all snack and we all eat dinner and sometimes even another snack. I have lost 7 pounds, my husband has lost 10. So I do think if you are going to have any meal, it should be breakfast. It gets your body and your mind going.

I can go online and find a study to support whatever topic I am interested in at any moment. There is an old saying that my father (RIP) used to say.....

"Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast eater , I don't get hungry till about 11:30 am so I usually eat an lunch around then or noon- I like to snack at night so If I do eat breakfast I then usually have to skip lunch or I will overeat for the day.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You can find information to prove that this works, not just blogs but actually studies. You can also find information to prove that breakfast is essential, that milk with dinner creates results, that eating only twinkles can allow you to lose weight. Just do what you want and feels good for you and everything will work out. The only rule is stop telling people your way is THE way.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Looks like the OP has done something that very few "follow my plan" posts can do . . . has all of us agreeing
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I believe in breakfast for many reasons. Mostly bc if I intake 1000 calories at a breakfast, I have all day to burn it off. As opposed to eating some fried chicken and going to bed.

And you think your metabolism stops when you go to bed?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast and lunch and I look better than you therefore I'll stick to my way Thanks.

Sorry but this is an ignorant statement.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    If ALL I cared about was losing weight, then I might consider this...oh wait, I have considered this...it's call every diet shake's meal plan! Since I am trying to get healthy, which may also include losing weight, I believe it is best to keep my blood sugar at an even keel so I make it through the day without the shakes or headaches.

Thanks.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    For years I never ate breakfast, sometimes not lunch and would start to eat at around 3 or 4, but unlike you I put on 70lbs, so its not a one size fits all approach to weight loss I would say. Since forcing myself to eat breakfast, I am now hungry in the morning and need to eat, but I have also started losing the excess pounds.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I've had great success by NOT skipping breakfast
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    . Plus (from looking at your diary) you are eating what you should calorie wise for the most part... you just do it in one mass sitting instead of spreading it out. So, i don't see a point in fasting then bingeing

Sorry, but you just mistated what a binge is. It's defined as :A period of excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink.
    He may be eating a high calorie amount in a shorter period of time, but as it's controlled (under a certain amount of calories and such) it is not a binge. It's a different style of eating.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast and lunch and I look better than you therefore I'll stick to my way Thanks.

ha ha ha ohh man!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I must be the opposite of you. I started eating breakfast every day and started losing weight on demand. But I wasn't losing weight because I was eating breakfast; I was losing weight because I was burning more calories than I consumed. I love breakfast so much that I eat it twice a day.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I do agree with you. I usually do intermittent fasting -- eat from around 11am to 7pm and it works for me. If I am starving then yes I will eat outside those times, but I try my best to eat 2 meals a day between those times. I found myself forcing myself to eat breakfast because it was instilled in my brain that the 3 meals a day was the only healthy way to be. I think what works for some may not work for others, but for me I would rather eat 2 big meals a day, meaning I only have to prepare 2! lol anddd it is just what my body has always wanted. I am rarely hungry in the morning and since getting used to intermittent fasting, I am rarely ever hungry outside of those hours. I also find I make healthier choices for lunch and dinner too. But that's just me. It works for you and I, may not work for everyone, but if you find yourself not hungry during breakfast then it is definitely worth a try.
  • daveredfern
    Options
    I eat breakfast although I am going to try eating it later and not as soon as I wake up. This is because I tend to get hungry between breakfast and lunch so closing that time gap I hope it will fill that void and temptation to snack.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    What works for one person doesn't necessarily mean it works for everyone. Everyone is different.

I work out in the mornings and if I don't eat about an hour after I am done, I get very weak and nauseous. Plus I get very cranky when my blood sugar level drops.

Great it works for you, but it doesn't work for me.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options

ha ha ha ohh man!

wow harsh much?!?!! damnn
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

And you think your metabolism stops when you go to bed?

Well, I personally am not tossing and turning enough to be considered active while sleeping. So yes it SLOWS. Thankfully doesn't stop, or else I would probably be dead. :huh: