Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited July 1
    My feed is gone now and that sucks! It's my favorite part of the app so please bring it back!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 406 Member
    edited July 1
    It’s crazy that you removed the best feature of MFP!!!!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,966 Member
    edited July 1
    It is very sad that MFP will not do anything, everybody is going to other groups to get away from MFP.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 444 Member
    edited June 12
    My newsfeed officially disappeared yesterday, on my 4855th day of logging in 😔 It is so sad, and looks weird not to see my friend's posts and being able to comment with words of encouragement and support!
    LoseIt is where I've transitioned to, if anyone wants to look me up. It is an adjustment, and is going to be a learning experience but I think I'm going to like it! 👍
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Mine disappeared from the webpage a couple of days back. I turned off auto update on my app, as it was still on my Android. I haven't checked if it is still working on the phone or not. I am still unhappy, and I am still looking for options. Sadly, a newfeed/friend sort of function seems to be fairly unique to MFP. LoseIt has some social interaction, but I don't like their logging interface. Cronometer, I like for logging and for its extensive integration of my FitBit's data, but it looks to have zero social aspect.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,528 Member
    mkksemail wrote: »
    My Newsfeed is gone today. From the web version, and the app. I can't believe how lonely it looks now :-(.

Mine is gone now too

So weird that I feel so sad about this. 😔

I knowwwww !! It surprised me, that it felt so empty.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,528 Member
    noogie98 wrote: »
    My newsfeed officially disappeared yesterday, on my 4855th day of logging in 😔 It is so sad, and looks weird not to see my friend's posts and being able to comment with words of encouragement and support!
    LoseIt is where I've transitioned to, if anyone wants to look me up. It is an adjustment, and is going to be a learning experience but I think I'm going to like it! 👍

Wow, what a long streak ! So sad.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    I turned off auto update on my app, as it was still on my Android. I haven't checked if it is still working on the phone or not.

I update my Android app, and then the web version simultaneously removed newsfeed.
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 192 Member
    edited July 1
    I have been an MFP member since 2011!!! I have used it to lose over 60 pounds and have been an active user on and off again throughout the years. I was VERY upset when you guys took away the barcode scanner and gave it to premium users only. I have stuck around and continued my health journey due to my friends and connections I have made on the community forms. I don't share my fitness journey on other social media platforms!! Why would you take away one of the helpful tools from this app?

When did they take away the barcode scanner from non-Premium users? I still have it.
  • Ellevated
    edited July 1
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Also, forgot to mention that the scanner is on the FREE version of the app - so look at MyNetDiary. It’s one of the top reviewed Apps of 2024. Again, can connect fitbits and garmins and has a friends section and has a newsfeed. Also has a dietician on hand to answer questions.

I'm going to check this one out, thank you!
  • Ellevated
    edited July 1
    Well, it finally happened. My News Feed has gone. 😭 I ditched 50lbs over the years here and the removal of this feature is my biggest loss to date.

I have been having a look around MyNetDiary, thanks to @daria0919's recommendation, and their community section seems pretty intuitive.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I turned off auto update on my app, as it was still on my Android. I haven't checked if it is still working on the phone or not.

I update my Android app, and then the web version simultaneously removed newsfeed.

I still have the newfeed button on my Android, and it still seems to be getting updates. Of course, many of the posts about people's activity are probably things they can't see since they don't have the newfeed any more.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited July 1
    It is so dumb that they got rid of the best feature of the app. knowing you are not alone was what drew me to start using it. @Ellevated Dozens of my mfp pals have migrated over to Lose it.
  • lacekait89
    lacekait89 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 7
    I don't know whose idea it was to axe the news feed but it was a bad one and is not well received by us users. Bring it back!
  • lacekait89
    lacekait89 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 7
    I don't know whose idea it was to axe the news feed but it was a bad one and is not well received by us users. Bring it back!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,700 Member
    edited July 7
    And posting on one of the many existing threads about this subject wasn't enough, it had to be a new topic? 🙄
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    edited July 7
    Lietchi wrote: »
    And posting on one of the many existing threads about this subject wasn't enough, it had to be a new topic? 🙄

I'm sure there is an MFP group somewhere for those interested few.