30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• jayne51998
    Options
    Morning all.

Day 2 all done and dusted - Yay me :bigsmile:

My back and abs are really aching this morning, Hurt's to move. Did any one else have this or is it because of my raging cough as that uses the same muscles too? :frown:

Hope you get your 2lbs Monkey. Congrats on nearly losing a stone anyway.. That's great in itself. :happy:

My Wii is being a pain in the *kitten*, Tuesday it told me I had lost 3lb, yesterday told me I had lost 2lb and today I have gained 2lb.

My scales weigh different in different places in the house so I'm not too sure as I weigh in on Boots scales. Anyway, I'm going to wait another 3 weeks before I go to boots again. Do it monthly. Hope some of my weight has gone though. :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is feeling ok today and I hope your holding up too Statia. :happy:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Morning all.

Day 2 all done and dusted - Yay me :bigsmile:

My back and abs are really aching this morning, Hurt's to move. Did any one else have this or is it because of my raging cough as that uses the same muscles too? :frown:

Hope you get your 2lbs Monkey. Congrats on nearly losing a stone anyway.. That's great in itself. :happy:

My Wii is being a pain in the *kitten*, Tuesday it told me I had lost 3lb, yesterday told me I had lost 2lb and today I have gained 2lb.

My scales weigh different in different places in the house so I'm not too sure as I weigh in on Boots scales. Anyway, I'm going to wait another 3 weeks before I go to boots again. Do it monthly. Hope some of my weight has gone though. :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is feeling ok today and I hope your holding up too Statia. :happy:

Thanks hun :) im pretty sure my abs were hurting for a bit too but it could also be because of the cough...think of the toning! lol

I wish i could have the will power to only weigh in once a month but i do it once a week to make sure i dont say ah well got a few weeks until weigh day so can have this...and that...and that lol

xxxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    I have thought of my cough in a positive way... It's got to be helping, surely. Lol :bigsmile:

I don't have a problem with weighing in every month. Before I found this site I use to go without all day and have one meal in the evening which I rarely finished.

So basically I didn't really eat anything. I was never fussed about food and never felt hungry and to be honest It's really overwhelming to see all the food I have to eat now but I do try. I also find it hard to believe that I will actually lose weigh by eating so much. Lol. :laugh:

I'm also lucky by not having a sweet tooth. I don't crave anything sweet. Not keen on chocolate, cakes or biscuits. Lol I will every now and again crave a doughnut but once I have one that's it then for a few months.

Crisps were always my downfall but If there's none in the house, I don't look for them so I don't buy any now. :bigsmile:

But I do feel better today, I'm hoping that all this exercise and healthy eating will have give my immune system a bit of a boost so I can fight off illnesses a bit quicker. :happy:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I have thought of my cough in a positive way... It's got to be helping, surely. Lol :bigsmile:

I don't have a problem with weighing in every month. Before I found this site I use to go without all day and have one meal in the evening which I rarely finished.

So basically I didn't really eat anything. I was never fussed about food and never felt hungry and to be honest It's really overwhelming to see all the food I have to eat now but I do try. I also find it hard to believe that I will actually lose weigh by eating so much. Lol. :laugh:

I'm also lucky by not having a sweet tooth. I don't crave anything sweet. Not keen on chocolate, cakes or biscuits. Lol I will every now and again crave a doughnut but once I have one that's it then for a few months.

Crisps were always my downfall but If there's none in the house, I don't look for them so I don't buy any now. :bigsmile:

But I do feel better today, I'm hoping that all this exercise and healthy eating will have give my immune system a bit of a boost so I can fight off illnesses a bit quicker. :happy:

Glad your feeling better :D i wish i didnt have a sweet tooth! lol
    xxxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Good Morning Shredders! I so messed up yesterday, didn't do my walk because I got sucked into CourtTV watching the trial of the Doc / Michael Jackson. But I did a ton of walking, lugging cases of waters and sodas to the shack. I was so tired when i got home, I didn't even eat dinner and fell asleep on the couch. Today is another day.

OMG! My cat was crying to come in the house just now, but she has a live bird in her mouth. I know its what cats do, but I feel so sorry for the bird. And if I open the door, she'll bring it in and then it will be flying around the house. In the summertime, she brings her trophies in the window while we're sleeping and dropped them in the hallway. Ugh! squishy mouse between my toes (i can't see without my glasses).

My plans for day: I will do Shred! And CourtTV (LOL) and I think I have a meeting tonight at the school (project graduation). Monkey ~ Sophie is always in the water because we have a pond down back and across the street. I'm not sure if its the water she enjoys or the toweling her dry after? How is Smudge today?
  • statia152
    Options
    Glad your doing better Jayne! Where's your sis? You didn't poke her too hard and scare her away did you?
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Good Morning Shredders! I so messed up yesterday, didn't do my walk because I got sucked into CourtTV watching the trial of the Doc / Michael Jackson. But I did a ton of walking, lugging cases of waters and sodas to the shack. I was so tired when i got home, I didn't even eat dinner and fell asleep on the couch. Today is another day.

OMG! My cat was crying to come in the house just now, but she has a live bird in her mouth. I know its what cats do, but I feel so sorry for the bird. And if I open the door, she'll bring it in and then it will be flying around the house. In the summertime, she brings her trophies in the window while we're sleeping and dropped them in the hallway. Ugh! squishy mouse between my toes (i can't see without my glasses).

My plans for day: I will do Shred! And CourtTV (LOL) and I think I have a meeting tonight at the school (project graduation). Monkey ~ Sophie is always in the water because we have a pond down back and across the street. I'm not sure if its the water she enjoys or the toweling her dry after? How is Smudge today?

Haha yer smudge enjoys the towel dry too. He is fine thanks i cant believe the difference in him! he seems to be hungry alot though little piggy lol but he was so restless before but now he didnt get up once in the night :D

I am going for a hair cut when i finish work then going to do my shred and exercises :) xxxx
  • jadieee123
    Options
    Hii everyone! I started MFP almost a year ago now I think, and just caught wind of the 30 Day Shred almost a week ago now. Seeing all the before and after pics of everyone in various threads I just had to order it! Now I have it, I've just done my first day and I am completely shattered, i'm ready for an afternoon nap, something I never do! Haha.

I don't know whether it's just me (having lost over a stone with no exercise what so ever), but the first day was SO hard. about halfway through I was just about ready to throw up and had to stop while I drank some water, and this was just doing the modifications. I truly hope this gets easier as I really want to see this through!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Hii everyone! I started MFP almost a year ago now I think, and just caught wind of the 30 Day Shred almost a week ago now. Seeing all the before and after pics of everyone in various threads I just had to order it! Now I have it, I've just done my first day and I am completely shattered, i'm ready for an afternoon nap, something I never do! Haha.

I don't know whether it's just me (having lost over a stone with no exercise what so ever), but the first day was SO hard. about halfway through I was just about ready to throw up and had to stop while I drank some water, and this was just doing the modifications. I truly hope this gets easier as I really want to see this through!

It does get easier, just keep on pushing through, modify it to make it easier if you need to but the more you do it the easier it will be xxxx
  • jadieee123
    Options

It does get easier, just keep on pushing through, modify it to make it easier if you need to but the more you do it the easier it will be xxxx

Ahhh, nice to hear that it does get easier, i'm dreading doing it tomorrow, my body it going to be exhausted! xxx
  • thiscanbedone
    thiscanbedone Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hello to all !!!:flowerforyou:

I have started this 30 day shred today and just like jadieee123 I am soooooo exhausted!! That too with modifications!!

I plan on completing it though as I have already pasted a calender on my cupboard and i just cut it off when done!! Huh !

but I need to be accountable so can I join u ladies?? :smile: as my husband just makes fun of me. He has started working out at a gym for 3 -4 hrs a day and he thinks a 20 minute workout is useless.:grumble:
    But the results here prove otherwise!! :drinker:
    So I just want to join the challenge and prove him wrong!! :bigsmile:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    hello to all !!!:flowerforyou:

I have started this 30 day shred today and just like jadieee123 I am soooooo exhausted!! That too with modifications!!

I plan on completing it though as I have already pasted a calender on my cupboard and i just cut it off when done!! Huh !

but I need to be accountable so can I join u ladies?? :smile: as my husband just makes fun of me. He has started working out at a gym for 3 -4 hrs a day and he thinks a 20 minute workout is useless.:grumble:
    But the results here prove otherwise!! :drinker:
    So I just want to join the challenge and prove him wrong!! :bigsmile:

of coarse you can join us, we are always here to support you :D like jillian says 20 minutes is better than hours of rubbish gym work

xxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Welcome ladies! Yes its tough. Yes, you'll be sore tomorrow. Yes, you should continue for 30 days. Yes, it does get easier! If it were easy, wouldn't everyone be thin? I huffed and puffed my first 30 days, but with the inches lost, Monkey and I decided to do it again. I've had a temporary set back, but I've not given up. Be sure to increase your protein and stretch more than in the video. Even with the modifications, you'll lose inches. Many have started, but it dwindles fast. Think of it as a prescription for your health. If you had high blood pressure / diabetes / any other illness, you would take your prescribed treatment, yes? Same idea ... and I'm sure at some point your doctors have told you to exercise at least 3 times a week! This is it. You will have a whole new appreciation for your body in 30 days, I guarantee it!! XOXO
  • Pidders89
    Options
    i have a before and after post and i can see results :) dont give up ladies xxx
  • thiscanbedone
    thiscanbedone Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i have a before and after post and i can see results :) dont give up ladies xxx
    I am so excited to do 30 DS now after seeing your results!! I was planning to move on to ripped in 30 :blushing: but I think I should give this a fair chance:bigsmile:
  • statia152
    Options
    I just did level 1, and everything except chest flies bothers that tendon in my elbow. No big deal, more important for me to heal. It felt good, cuz its been 5 days without doing it :grumble: Maybe I'll try level 2 tomorrow? I don't think the planks will be friendly, but I'm willing to try. Have a wonderful day all and no matter what, keep your body moving and log everything you put in your mouth. XOXO
  • jadieee123
    Options
    Wow, there is so much support in this thread, thank you so much ladies! I'm glad i'll be able to have someone to talk to throughout this experience as I feel to embarrassed to talk to my boyfriend and family members as they aren't going through it with me, so thank you guys! Bring on day two, I can do it!! xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Wow, there is so much support in this thread, thank you so much ladies! I'm glad i'll be able to have someone to talk to throughout this experience as I feel to embarrassed to talk to my boyfriend and family members as they aren't going through it with me, so thank you guys! Bring on day two, I can do it!! xxx

Of course you can do it! We all can :smile: Sometimes it just takes a friendly nudge to get us going (Jayne ~ put away the pointy stick! No poking the new girls -- at least not yet :wink: )
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Someone mention pointy stick? :tongue:

I'm usually about with a friendly nudge....

To be honest I'm on level 2 day 2 and I don't think I would have got this far without the support from Statia and Monkey.

Stick in here and you won't go far wrong. :bigsmile:

I haven't scared my sister Statia Lol, She's getting a cold (wiggles pointy stick in Monkey's direction :tongue: ) But is still doing Jillian every day. She said she will try and pop in later. :happy:

I'm off now to finally try Jillian's yoga meltdown. :bigsmile:
  • DARK3STANG3L
    Options
    evening all... just thought ide pop by and let u all know Jayne ain't scared me off ...lol
    got a bit of a cold coming and ain't really been on to chat ... just been doing my diary and stuff, im doing well with 30ds on day 4 today (which i ain't done yet) but i did play the just dance game on wii which was really fun and a good exercise

when doing the 30ds i hate the star jumps and skipping rope as it puts pressure on my bad knee but i am trying to cope with it....
    i find doing the sit ups much easier
    gonna see if i can get a knee brace tomoz for support
    x