Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

News Feed

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Community Activity Feed.

But could we have the option to show our feed to our friends? Right now it is either public (open to everyone) or private (open to just ourselves), but I might prefer to have my Activity Feed visible to certain people.

Thanks!

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26955045411981-Your-Community-Activity-Feed
  • mikerigsby
    mikerigsby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The forum is filled with people unhappy with your decision to remove the Newsfeed.

So, I have an idea, how about instead of just taking away a feature, you bring it back and improve it?

Like make people able to set it as the default screen when the app is opened.

Also, maybe actually ask members if they use a feature or not before just removing it.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    👆👆👆
  • staffordshire62
    staffordshire62 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am torn whether to just leave MFP with my over 9 year streak. Most of my long term OG friends have jumped ship to Lose It and now just have ghost accounts on here. I am torn what to do because the biggest part of MFP besides losing 200 lbs is the connection and the news feed with so many people. Many I have met in real life and many have even spilled over to my social media.
  • pawsrbabies239
    pawsrbabies239 Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I am new to MF and I like it but DO NOT LIKE how I have to go digging to see replies or find feeds. So from what I’m reading is I find a specific group & join or follow it.
  • kevinmacsr
    kevinmacsr Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    i agree 1000% I have already cancelled my premium subscription. app is useless without the newsfeed and scanning of meals.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 950 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Hey friend! I was already on LoseIt for logging, now MFP lost me… I keep checking in to see if some kind of newsfeed comes back. So sad, I just hit 2000 days here. I think one of the LoseIt groups from here is called MFP Exodus.

@MFP what a mistake you’re making.
  • rgf95
    rgf95 Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Want the News Feed BACK!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I am new to MF and I like it but DO NOT LIKE how I have to go digging to see replies or find feeds. So from what I’m reading is I find a specific group & join or follow it.
    Go under your "bell" and look for replies and you can just see the replies you've done and if someone replied back.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I tried loseit and settled on mynetdiary. Considerably more polished and functional. Feel free to join us! Trying to get the group there big and active.

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/groups/65401
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Might as well do away with the friends feature, too, at this point. Sad times.

MFP still has the advantage of a better database and the ability to add recipes, but that's it.
  • jpaccor
    jpaccor Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Bring it back!
  • ClairvoyantClaws
    ClairvoyantClaws Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    BRING BACK THE NEWSFEED! It the only reason I recommended friends to this app, so I could "like" their progress and workouts and now you took that away 😡

-A Very Disgruntled Premium User
    (I wish I could get a refund)
  • The_Sangoma
    The_Sangoma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is this why the home page is so useless and meaningless now?
  • jeffhendershot
    jeffhendershot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE I’ve spoken with misses the old social wall. Please bring it back!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I’ll be dropping my premium subscription. Why have friends on MFP if you can’t interact with them?