• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    edited June 20
    Options
    Tracey - I just used the lateral flow tests that I bought from Amazon a few months ago. They are still in date and worked perfectly. John was very reluctant, until I explained about P's operation and G's autoimmune problems. He was astonished!

I'm still feeling OK, but I'm sure I will catch it. I was up first thing this morning, doing my exercises. Getting stronger. My knees feel slightly stiff, which may be the covid.

Lisa - So sorry you had a bad day. :#<3<3

I'm going to make a big pot of chilli today in the IP. Should be enough for 4 days. I love having ready made food in the freezer. We have a butternut squash to roast to have with it. Waitrose is coming late afternoon, so I can use the flat beans they are bringing, for a green item.

I will walk outside again today. No shopping though! I was so happy to be able to buy the chocolate yesterday. :'(

Much love , Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Heather - I think inviting your friends to your home with pizza is a wonderful idea. I find myself more relaxed when visiting in a home compared to a restaurant.
    It must have felt wonderful going on the walk.
    Oh how upsetting that you can’t visit with your girls.
    Hope John feels better soon. I don’t even know where we can test anymore for Covid.

Tracey in Edmonton

Testing kits are available at all the pharmacies here. COVID is a notifiable disease like measles and others, so there has to be a way to check.

And it's definitely still around.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Debbie – I don’t think I’d ever do zumba, but if they had Aqua Zumba I would probably give that a try. The door is pegboard and about 4” high. Seriously, I can’t reach the latch to unlatch it to get out without a stepstool. Even then it’s a stretch

Michele NC

Won't be long before the kittens are over that! How old are they now?

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

Yes Machka, I think my Dad got tested too early. But it's only a theory. I should probably go get tested, but I'm not going anywhere in this heat.

My next book delivery was delayed, so maybe I will get some indoor things done today. Dad has Bible study at the senior center. And I will likely take him to Starbucks. It's such a waste but he gets some kind of frozen caramel coffee most days.

Have a marvelous day, folks! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited June 20
    Options
    Machka: I love that you are near the beach!

We've been about 750 metres from a beach for the past 10 years, and a beach that often has noisy waves crashing on the rocks of the cliffs on either side of the beach. There's even a blowhole in the cliffs that doesn't shoot spray much anymore. There would have to be a massive storm for it to act like a blowhole anymore.

8t2jz268pfro.png

I will miss the sound of waves, but being on a hill (up to the left out of the picture) makes it very difficult for my husband to get down to the beach and back up again, or anywhere in this area.

The new place is in a much flatter area of the island, and much closer to the water ... bay water, salt water, but not wavy water unless there's roaring wind. :) However interestingly, the bay we're on is a Shark Refuge Area which is an important breeding habitat for many shark species (especially school and gummy sharks), skates, and rays.

I think we can canoe on that bay because the canoe wouldn't disturb the wildlife too much, and we might be able to put in quite near our place. :)

I do love being near the water! And I'll have lots of pictures around our new place eventually.

Quiet day today! I sat out on the deck for a couple of hours and enjoyed the green back yard! I have a book group at 5:30 and then meditation at 6:30. I am thinking of reading The Book of Delights by Ross Gay because the local book store is having someone speak about the book. It is different...not caregiving and then not going to the cat shelter. I am not quite sure what I want. Right now I am content on my deck. I need to exercise more!
    Best,
    Rosemarie from GA

Your deck sounds lovely ... just take your time. You don't have to decide what you want to do right now.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Well .......... Best laid plans. :o:#:o

During the Zoom with my schoolfriends I mentioned John's bad cold. P and B are both doctors. P is going, in the Saturday following our meet up, for a double cataract operation. She was very worried it might be covid. I poopooed the idea, but she asked me to test John anyway, as she didn't want anything to stop the op. G is also immune compromised.
    So I asked him to test. He was very reluctant, but went with it.
    Guess what. Yes. Positive. :o:#
    So, I won't be able to meet up with them, after they've come all this way to see me. They are still going to get together, and I may, if I am well enough, meet them on the beach, in a mask,to wave at them from a distance. I must say, I am beginning to feel a bit 'off'. We have told the family. Edie was here on Saturday, the day before he had symptoms.

He has hardly been anywhere, apart from local shops, so he has no idea where he caught it. Good call, P.

I will have to postpone my DEXA scan. :'( Big boo.

Luckily, next week is clear for me to get over it. Shame, mega shame about the girls meetup. B is flying down from Scotland.

Oh well, life happens. I just hope I get it mildly. John has had 8 jabs, and I have had 5, because I'm not quite 75.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I hope you both get well soon.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    I've rescheduled the DEXA scan for the 12th July. A bit earlier in the afternoon, so better for driving outside the rush hour.
    On and off I'm convinced I'm getting something, then I feel better again. :*
    I made the chilli after breakfast, so that is ready and waiting. John will peel and chop the butternut squash.
    I got some paracetamol delivered so we won't have to visit the shops. Waitrose can leave the groceries at the door.

I was going to go for a walk, but feeling a bit achy now. I will see how I am after a nap. Knees very stiff.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Lisa: Does the UV tint stay on the windows all year?

... I don't know how long I can keep the house and want to enjoy my yard.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Rosemarie - In all honesty, I don't know. I'm getting used to the tint on the windows, although at first, I kept getting surprised, looking out those windows and thinking it was getting dark outside. Much will depend on my willingness to take it down and whether it can be put back up once down. In theory, it is reusable. Is there some reason you might lose the house? Or is it a positive possible move?

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

Our new place gets A LOT of sun, when the sun shines. Currently, we have blinds on all the windows, but I've had a look at them, and I'm pretty sure we can do double blinds.

They'd be like the ones in the photo here (not my photo). The under blind is see through but blocks the strength of the sun, and the one on top would be what we have now - heavy, block everything blinds.

rz7e9c5apuqk.png

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Hidee ho all
    Over at the Walmart with Dan ,he is in for his exam an then we will pick out glasses
    Nice to spend time with him.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options