Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

News Feed

Options

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,861 MFP Staff
    edited July 1
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024

We're losing the Newsfeed which is all right because not many of us used it. It has always been kind of a duplicate of the Community Forum, and mine is full of automatic posts when someone closed their diary for the day or did some exercise.

But more importantly, will we still have access to the Food Diary, Exercise Log, Reports, etc.?

Also, will our new profiles have a Goals area?
    That's something I'd like to see ... Food and Exercise Goals. Whether the goal is to lose a certain amount of weight, or drink a certain amount of water in a day, or consume a certain number of carbs, or cycle a certain distance or whatever.

I'd like to see reports and progress bars as we move toward our goal.

I'd like to see challenges similar to what Strava has ... some exercise ones like walking 50 km in a month, or exercising 15 minutes a day each day of a month, etc., and some diet ones like logging each day of a month.

These things would make MFP more interactive and motivational.

Sorry for the delay @Machka9, I've been trying to get caught up on tags.
    • You will still have access to the Food Diary, Exercise Log, Reports, etc.
    • We do have the option to add some fields to the Community Profiles (like goals or other freeform about me fields). I'll make it an action item to create poll to see if there is interest in that and what y'all would like to see.
    • As for things like new or updated reports and progress bars, I think that's a great idea and will pass it along to the product teams.
    • I think challenges are fun too and can also pass along that suggestion.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024

We're losing the Newsfeed which is all right because not many of us used it. It has always been kind of a duplicate of the Community Forum, and mine is full of automatic posts when someone closed their diary for the day or did some exercise.

But more importantly, will we still have access to the Food Diary, Exercise Log, Reports, etc.?

Also, will our new profiles have a Goals area?
    That's something I'd like to see ... Food and Exercise Goals. Whether the goal is to lose a certain amount of weight, or drink a certain amount of water in a day, or consume a certain number of carbs, or cycle a certain distance or whatever.

I'd like to see reports and progress bars as we move toward our goal.

I'd like to see challenges similar to what Strava has ... some exercise ones like walking 50 km in a month, or exercising 15 minutes a day each day of a month, etc., and some diet ones like logging each day of a month.

These things would make MFP more interactive and motivational.

Sorry for the delay @Machka9, I've been trying to get caught up on tags.
    • You will still have access to the Food Diary, Exercise Log, Reports, etc.
    • We do have the option to add some fields to the Community Profiles (like goals or other freeform about me fields). I'll make it an action item to create poll to see if there is interest in that and what y'all would like to see.
    • As for things like new or updated reports and progress bars, I think that's a great idea and will pass it along to the product teams.
    • I think challenges are fun too and can also pass along that suggestion.

@Betty ... Thank you very much!! :)

It would be great if we could be a bit more interactive with our new profiles with the goals, reports, progress bars, and challenges. :smiley:

Regarding the About Me field, it appears on the new profile, but I haven't figured out how to do anything with it yet.

d9bmni1b2c1i.png

• monkity1485
    monkity1485 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Gutted newsfeed gone!!!
  • ToxicTinkerbell
    ToxicTinkerbell Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    FGS MFP bring it back!
  • AnthonyLipovac85
    AnthonyLipovac85 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Why did you remove such a great feature? This is how was interacted with friends to see their achievements and streaks!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Now that changes are underway, I am looking forward to seeing the development in our new profile areas.
  • e_bowie
    e_bowie Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    We’re is the news feed on MyFitnessPal
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 373 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    They took it away, if you can believe it, because it “wasn’t used”. What a bunch of horse crap. I’ve been using this app since its inception…used Daily Plate/Livestrong prior and moved over when they got rid of their news feed. Folks are going over to Lose It! app now.
  • e_bowie
    e_bowie Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I missed my news feed I can’t click on news anymore they move it to community :(
  • JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 107 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    You really should have kept the newsfeed...many people have switched over to LoseIt and have paid, myself included. I probably would have done a premium membership with Mfp had you kept the Newsfeed. Oh well...you chose not to listen to many of us and honestly have just destroyed was was a pretty decent app
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    That's all your streak means. It doesn't mean you've logged food or exercise or anything. It just means you've opened MFP and left it open for 10 years. Is that fact really so important to you?

weird and rude comment

Yet true!

I lost interest in the streak when I discovered that it didn't track days we logged food or exercise and only tracked days we had MFP open for even a few seconds.

Maybe the OP did log. Maybe they liked the commentary on it from friends. Maybe it was a support that they appreciated.

It obviously matters to the OP. What’s your investment in negating everyone else’s opinion?
  • weafrank
    weafrank Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bring newsfeed back!! It has really bummed us out.
  • lacekait89
    lacekait89 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I don't know whose idea it was to axe the news feed but it was a bad one and is not well received by us users. Bring it back!
  • lacekait89
    lacekait89 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I don't know whose idea it was to axe the news feed but it was a bad one and is not well received by us users. Bring it back!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,366 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    And posting on one of the many existing threads about this subject wasn't enough, it had to be a new topic? 🙄
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,358 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    And posting on one of the many existing threads about this subject wasn't enough, it had to be a new topic? 🙄

I'm sure there is an MFP group somewhere for those interested few.
  • kirstyvdk1
    kirstyvdk1 Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Bring back the news feed
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,649 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Even if they do, the ones who left probably won't come back.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    It would be wonderful if this site had a way to privately interact with a selected friend list. Oh, we had that and you took it away because no one used it, although the abundance of posts from people wondering where it disappeared to, seem to indicate you are extremely wrong.