Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Options
1242526272830»

Replies

• AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I don't know why they are asking for feedback, after deleting the one thing we all really want. :( If they won't give us a Newsfeed, then why would they listen to any other suggestion?
    I bet it's a ploy to take a couple of those ideas and say, "Hey, look! We listened to your feedback!" but really it's going to be an empty gesture to try to shut us up about the only thing we want back.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    On a positive note, I'm feeling very supported and motivated (and losing more weight!) since I moved to Lose It.

Find us at MFP EXODUS group.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    On a positive note, I'm feeling very supported and motivated (and losing more weight!) since I moved to Lose It.

Find us at MFP EXODUS group.

I took a peek over there last night. I’m impressed with how big that group is!
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I don't know why they are asking for feedback, after deleting the one thing we all really want. :( If they won't give us a Newsfeed, then why would they listen to any other suggestion?
    I bet it's a ploy to take a couple of those ideas and say, "Hey, look! We listened to your feedback!" but really it's going to be an empty gesture to try to shut us up about the only thing we want back.

@AnneGenevieveS - are they asking for feedback? I haven’t seen anything.

My feedback over the last 3 years has been to fix constant flitches, get rid of the blasted cookie pop up that comes up every single time we come to community and get the developer to code a dark mode for the community forum for the app— so far many known bugs are not fixed and dark mode has possibly been in the works for 4 years.

Actions so far tell that feedback falls upon deaf ears. How many items in the suggestion box thread have come to fruition?

I remain hopeful as I do enjoy engaging with a consortium in these boards.. but my hope continues to fizzle with dissatisfaction, the removal of the newsfeed highlighted to me that there is a disconnect between users here and corporate engagement.

My 2 €

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Anything not ditching mfp is a big loser. Come to Lose It
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 849 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    It seems to be killing the forum engagement, too. Posts looking for friends and support are dead in the water, because people don't see the point. You don't need to be friends to comment on each other's community profile. (Inaptly called the activity feed even though it shows no MFP activity at all.)

MFP is on track to become strictly a logging app, which is sad to see after so many years.
  • SisterChelsey
    SisterChelsey Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I agree!!! I’ve been on here since 2010 if isn’t broke don’t fix it
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,978 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I was wondering where the newsfeed went. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!
  • The_Sangoma
    The_Sangoma Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I agree with the majority of comments.
    After more than ten years, there seems little point in logging on any more.
    Maybe they are getting too much money from advertising and want to loose some, give it a good while and advertisers will realise they are getting less hits, but as that will take time, it will be too late to reverse it.

The only reason they ask for feedback and ideas is to see if there are any good ideas they didn't think of, it is obviously not to get the opinion of members, that clearly counts for nothing.

Going to look at alternatives now, left with no choice.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I'm out. Deactivating my account. Best of luck to all my Peeps!
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm out. Deactivating my account. Best of luck to all my Peeps!

Bye Karl 😟
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited July 3
    Options
    Was the other very large thread “Save our MFP Newsfeed “ started by @Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB deleted by MFP?

It’s had a few hundred replies and 102 upvotes. It disappeared.

Mods
    @Betty @durden - was this thread deleted?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,374 Member
    Options
    Was the other very large thread “Save our MFP Newsfeed “ started by @Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB deleted by MFP?

Mods

I think both threads were combined into one, looking at the number of pages here (and some funky notifications I got).
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

Mods

I think both threads were combined into one, looking at the number of pages here (and some funky notifications I got).

nods, i was wondering what happened to get 200+ (?) Comments so rapidly.

I am surprised. That the deciders seem so resolute to discontinue, instead of find another way to update and provide a resource that serves the on-going, real needs of the members.

I am also surprised the expressed discontent remains so active and strong. It does seem participation in discussion forums is lacking many long-term contributors and their wealth of compassion and experience.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    They appear to have merged all the threads within the tech support questions section, as well.