"Ripped" in October

Options

Replies

• thiscanbedone
    thiscanbedone Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm in!!!
    I sooooo want to do this first! But I started with 30DS today. :ohwell: But after looking at ripped in 30 , I JUST WANT TO DO THAT!!!:love:

Moreover, I also pasted one calender sort of thing to cut off the days when I'm done with 30 DS .... so what do u guys suggest?
    I really want to join u guys though:flowerforyou: i think all I need is a yes from u all and I'll join in :drinker:

Love ya all!!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I picked up Ripped and her Yoga DVD for less than $10 each last night at Target. I did the yoga one last night and was swearing at her. Ripped should be fun ;)
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Greetings Fellow Rippers!! :laugh: :wink: :smile:

I'm so glad to see the participation on this thread and I'm really looking forward to Monday, October 3rd!

First things First EVERYONE is welcome!! Come one, come all! :drinker:

Secondly, I believe someone asked about logistics as to how we're incorporating rest days....Well, (in full disclosure) I've never done Ripped in 30 before, I'm just about done with what I gather will be my 1st Round of the Shred. :huh:
    However, there is no hard and fast regimen here! Do what works best for you and your body.

Now, with that said..... I understand its 4 levels, as I still need to crack the cellophane wrapper on my own DVD...but its my undertanding that it is recommended to take a rest day in between levels.

----> My plan was to do 6 full days and take the 7th day as a REST day between the next level, which would ideally account for 4 weeks or 30 days. (umm, I think)

Let's get RIPPED! (monday October 3rd! ) did i already say that??:laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely ready to get ripped and the timing is PERFECT!!!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    cmDaffy - I think I might preview it this weekend too, great idea. :smile:

pakks - I'm going to wait and see how I feel before committing to more than 4/5 days a week. I'd like to do it 5 days per week, with 2 rest days where I fit in some yoga focused on stretching. I've no idea how I'll feel until I start it. I am finishing up the 30DS now, and even though I've done it daily there have been several days where I've modified to the point that I don't use barbells and really take it easy. Sort of like a "light" version. :wink:

I wonder what this JM Rip 60 Fitness set is? http://home-exercise-equipment.blogspot.com/2011/07/jillian-michaels-rip-60-fitness-dvd-set.html
    I could strap it up to a tree?! :laugh:
    Jillian%2BMichaels.jpg

This looks similar to TRX, I've seen some of the local trainers do it. I know TRX systems cost ~$250, so ~$100 isn't bad. It's just a little more than what I want to spend right now (considering I have Groupons for Zumba, Boxing and Yoga!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    i am going to start this week but i will join the group....i will hold my comments until then.

Come on!!! I want comments NOW!!!

ok, lol, on day 3 and i am sore!!!!! LOL!! i am still going to snap before pics because i did not do that. I am doing mon-friday 5 days a week. So excited to do this with you guys! i lost 10 pounds on shred so i am adding that back to my routine as of oct 1. so i will do a ripped/shred combo!

Sore's a GOOD thing! I'm aiming at 6 days a week, taking either Saturday or Sundays off. I run 7-9 miles on Saturday so I need to decide if I want to add Ripped on top of that, and actually take Sunday as a day of rest, or screw the rest day on Sunday, and just do something EVERY day!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Does her dvd require buying other supplies such as weights, resistance bands, etc?
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Does her dvd require buying other supplies such as weights, resistance bands, etc?

Hello! It's my understanding that Ripped does require hand/dumbell weights, 3 lb to 5lb is recommended on the DVD.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited that everyone is so enthusiastic! Now I know I have people that can kick my *kitten* if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to do my workout! ;)
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    This is exactly the type of thing that I am looking for! The only issue is I haven't done the 30 day Shred..can you start with this one?
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Okay cool! I can manage that. Thanks :)
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    Alright, here we go! It's in the planner and everything so count me in. I am going to stick to this thing- I'm excited :)

Height: 5'4''

SW: 134
    CW: 123 (by Nov. 10th)
    GW: 115 (by Dec. 1st!!!)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    This is exactly the type of thing that I am looking for! The only issue is I haven't done the 30 day Shred..can you start with this one?

I have several friends here that started with Ripped, you're good!
  • thiscanbedone
    thiscanbedone Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ok guys I have decided to do shred first as friends on other forum are doing it with me but i'll join u guys when done.

love ya all!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    65 days of Shredding done, I'm ready to start with "Ripped" on Monday. I'm SO looking forward to something new!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ah! Still haven't bought my dvd! I will go out tonight though. I am really excited to start this!

@cmDaffy and MochaBlues: You girls are awesome and so enthusiastic!!!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I played with Ripped in 30 this week and I am excited to continue next week. I am doing week 1 agian, monday -friday and will move on the following week. :happy: So essentially i will be on the same page as u guys
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I'll try and do it. I tend to get bored with the same thing so hopefully I get get though it!

I'm hoping with 4 different workouts, it will hold my interest, too! :wink:

I have been doing this video it's good. it's harder then her 30 day shred. I do it 3-4x a week and I do two more videos in between I can't do the same video every day. Good luck!!
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Great Love to have you!! 3 More Days Ladies!!

To anyone new....Here's the business:

*Bumping for more participation*

Yes, that means YOU! What's that you say...How can you participate?

I'm so glad you asked its SIMPLE....we haven't started yet, so there's still TIME!

#1 Just dust off or go get your copy of Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" DVD, you can find it in your closet underneath all those shoes...OR at Target, Wal-mart, Amazon, Ebay, collagevideo and the like.

We START on MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!

What else I gotta do MochaBlues??

#2 Next, its simple you just have to take your smart phone/camera, and look into a full length mirror and snap a picture of yourself.

What that' you say? You don't have a full length mirror? Don't fret, ....got a solution, go to the dressing room of any major department store, take your camera phone out and snap away. ( You know in front of that mirror that always makes you look stunning)

#3 Next take your measurements, i.e. waist, arm, legs, etc.

#4 Then, on MONDAY - OCTOBER 3rd , check in on this thread for day 1, and let us all KNOW how it went. (repeat step 4- at your pleasure over the next 30 days)

****IMPORTANT*** DO NOT SKIP over steps 2 & 3, these are important as they are EVIDENCE/PROOF that its working as the scale sometimes doesn't always reflect it, HOWEVER INCHES and pictures do!

What's that you say? You're worried about posting your pics? Don't worry....MochaBlues is NOT going to insist that you post your pics for anyone but yourself! The pics are for YOU to see just how far you've come along...when or if you start getting discouraged...(it happens)

Okay....let's get ready to rumble...MONDAY, OCTOBER 3rd will be here in NO TIME! Let's get RIPPED!!!!
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ok! I'm ready to go! Took my before pics and measurements today and I'm ready to get started on Monday! Let's get "ripped"!!