MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Replies

• 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 180 Member
    Good afternoon everyone. I’ve lost 1 lb since yesterday. It’s supposed to be 105 in my town today. ☀️ 🥵

9ylps43ub2bt.jpeg
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 916 Member
    😎Month of June Results 😎

Start of June weight: 325.6lbs
    End of June weight: 319.6lbs
    Total Month Loss: 6lbs

Hi guys, I hope you all are killing it at your goals and if not, that you are at the very least trying to get there. I would love to see monthly updates from everyone. It would be nice to see where everyone is at weight/goal-wise, compared to when they started. But it’s up to you guys to share. It’s nice to have peps with common goals and common struggles. Anyway, hope all is well with you guys, best of luck in July. Don’t let Fourth of July/summer food crack you, you got this!

weight.png
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 806 Member
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    😎Month of June Results 😎

Good for you!! A great start.
  • jgot2lose2
    jgot2lose2 Posts: 30 Member
    Two months down - June I did lose momentum (fun, spur of the moment vacation where I didn't worry about tracking what I was eating or what I was eating). I did manage to lose 0.8 lbs and am back to tracking my food.

Highest Weight 328.4
    Current 317.4 (7/1/24)
    1st Short Term Goal: 295
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 226 Member
    SW 258.4 lbs July 2023
    CW 236.4 lbs
    GW 180 lbs
    Ultimate GW 150 lbs

Been maintaining my weight within 2 lbs and the 20 lbs off since last July.
  • gesundundmunter
    😎Month of June Results 😎

Hi guys, I hope you all are killing it at your goals and if not, that you are at the very least trying to get there. I would love to see monthly updates from everyone. It would be nice to see where everyone is at weight/goal-wise, compared to when they started. But it’s up to you guys to share. It’s nice to have peps with common goals and common struggles. Anyway, hope all is well with you guys, best of luck in July. Don’t let Fourth of July/summer food crack you, you got this!

weight.png

Way to go, Lisa. Happy Fourth!
  • lislisa123
    @gesundundmunter

Thanks, same to you!

• lislisa123
    If you need motivation and a laugh: 4dkhj24pfjg9.png
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 702 Member
    @lislisa123 Dr. Now is savage!!! :D
  • 7freshflowers
    Been sick and out of commission for about a month, and in the hospital for 9 days. Gallbladder problems. I wouldn't let them take out my gallbladder. Need to be very careful with what I eat. Trying to dissolve the stones myself. Any suggestions? 🤢
  • lislisa123
    edited July 20
    @7freshflowers

I found this on web:

About 80% of people with gallstone symptoms need surgery. The most common procedure is a laparoscopic cholecystectomy, which involves making small incisions in the abdomen, inserting a camera and instruments, and removing the gallbladder. Another option is to remove just the stones from the bile ducts. Surgery is the only treatment that can cure symptomatic gallstones, and it's recommended because gallstones often recur.

There's no medication that can dissolve gallstones, but some medications can help:

Bile acid pills: Ursodiol or ursodeoxycholic acid can dissolve cholesterol-type gallstones, and about two-thirds of people who take them are symptom-free within two to three months. However, it can take several years for the stones to completely disappear.

MTBE injection: This treatment can rapidly dissolve gallstones, but it can have serious side effects, including severe burning pain. It should only be considered in very specific cases, and the doctor should have experience performing it.

Sounds like you need surgery to get rid of the stones but you can do a low fat diet to help with symptoms.

Low-fat diet

This can help reduce symptoms. An anti-gallstones diet can include five servings of fruits and vegetables, several servings of whole grains, two to three servings of low-fat dairy, and lean protein.

Good luck!
  • 7freshflowers
    @7freshflowers There's no medication that can dissolve gallstones, but some medications can help:

Bile acid pills: Ursodiol or ursodeoxycholic acid can dissolve cholesterol-type gallstones, and about two-thirds of people who take them are symptom-free within two to three months. However, it can take several years for the stones to completely disappear. Good luck!
    Lisa, thank you so much for all the research you did for me. Big help. ❤️ Don’t have the energy to do much research myself these days. I’m going to find those Bile pills on Amazon and read the reviews when I feel up to it. I’m being very careful with what I eat. So far today, I ate a big bowl of plain, unsweetened oatmeal, a plain baked potato, some strawberries, and chamomile tea. 🥣 🥔 🍓 ☕️

• 7freshflowers
    I’ve lost 15 pounds since July 7, but I’ve been sick. 🤢 Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • 7freshflowers
    amyrob117 wrote: »
    Hi. I am Amy. I am new here and I started my weight loss journey in April. SW (April 2024) = 271 lbs. CW = 245.6lbs. Total Loss so Far = 25.4 lbs.
    Hello Amy. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. You’ve lost 25.4 pounds since April. Fantastic. You’re doing great. Thanks for joining us. 👏 😀

• 7freshflowers
    Hello everyone. I’m excited. Today I weigh 305.8. Looking forward to entering the 200’s very soon. 😀
  • 7freshflowers
    Hello everyone. I’m excited. Today I weigh 305.8. Looking forward to entering the 200’s very soon. 😀
    Is anyone else within 5 or 10 pounds of leaving the 300’s? 😎

• lislisa123
    @7freshflowers Congrats! 🎉 That's a nice milestone to reach. I'm 313lbs right now. I have 13 pounds to lose to reach that goal. I'm hoping I can reach and hopefully surpass 300 by next month's end.🤞
  • 7freshflowers
    @7freshflowers Congrats! 🎉 That's a nice milestone to reach. I'm 313lbs right now. I have 13 pounds to lose to reach that goal. I'm hoping I can reach and hopefully surpass 300 by next month's end.🤞
    Yay LIsa! 👏🏼 Only 13 pounds to go to reach your short-term goal of 300. My weight loss has slowed down a little. Today I weigh 305.6. Wouldn't be funny if the two Lisas reached 300 on the exact same day? 😀

• lislisa123
    edited August 1
    Didn't lose much in July. Starting weight: 319.6lbs
    Ending weight: 314.0lbs
    Total weight loss: 5.6lbs
    Did not eat well one night and paid for it with salt/water weight.
  • florida4me
    florida4me Posts: 6 Member

Congrats!! I too can hardly wait to reach the 200's as well. I have a little farther to go than yourself. Still 9.8 lbs away but looking forward to two-topia.
  • 7freshflowers
    florida4me wrote: »

Congrats!! I too can hardly wait to reach the 200's as well. I have a little farther to go than yourself. Still 9.8 lbs away but looking forward to two-topia.

Hello Debbie. Thanks. Unfortunately, I’ve gained about 5 pounds, and now I too am 10 pounds from “two-topia.” I weigh exactly 310 today.

So far today I’ve eaten an entire large cantaloupe, 1 banana, and 1 small .65 oz bag of skinny pop popcorn. Hope it hasn’t caused me to gain more weight. I’ll try to have a light dinner. But I’m craving spaghetti and “meatless” meatballs. 😋
  • LilyPearl66
    LilyPearl66 Posts: 7 Member
    I started in February at 320. I am currently 287. I am fighting for every lb. My bp is much better but my cholesterol and triglycerides went up. I have adjusted some macros to see if that will help.
  • 7freshflowers
    I started in February at 320. I am currently 287. I am fighting for every lb. My bp is much better but my cholesterol and triglycerides went up. I have adjusted some macros to see if that will help.
    Hello Lily Pearl. You’re doing well with your weight loss. You’re in the 200’s now.. 👏 I’m jealous.

• gesundundmunter
    SW 258.4 lbs July 2023
    CW 238.4 lbs
    GW 180 lbs
    Ultimate GW 150 lbs

I've been waiting a couple of days to report. Alas, the scales went up some 2-3 lbs.

On the upside, watching the Olympics, especially women's gymnastics, has motivated me to stretch/do ballet stretches again, in addition to my under-desk bike exercise. Gymnastics and track and field remind me of my childhood sports achievements as I am bridging the 50-year gap (mostly mentally :)).
  • 7freshflowers
    Struggling to enter the 200’s before September 1. Today I ate:

1 large bowl of Malt-O-meal hot cereal with some sugar on top. 1 banana, 1 cup fresh blueberries, 1 entire can of Goya Garbonzo beans, 1 can of Campbells vegetarian vegetable soup, and 2 premium saltine crackers. Hope I didn’t overdo it again.

We’ll see what the scale says tomorrow.
  • 7freshflowers

x7xvwfhaxoht.jpeg
  • 7freshflowers
    Hello everyone. How are you doing on MY 100 POUND JOURNEY? I'm 8.6 pounds away from seeing 300. 🥦
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 702 Member
    Good morning All....

@7freshflowers ... that's exciting! Reaching intermittent goals is so exciting! You got this!

The "thought" of having to lose over 100 pounds (150 for me!) is very intimidating. Every time I would start a new diet plan I always felt defeated before I even started due to the number of pounds I need to lose. Patience has never been a strong attribute of mine! LOL! I am trying really hard to just focus on the intermittent goals this time.... whether it be a number on scale, a new size in clothing, or walking further on my walking pad each day. And, its helping me stay focused. I am down 56 pounds since Feb 24th and still feeling motivated. Only 94lbs to go!!!! :)

Stay Positive!!

SW:280
    CW:224
    GW:130

• lislisa123
    Hello everyone. How are you doing on MY 100 POUND JOURNEY? I'm 8.6 pounds away from seeing 300. 🥦

I'm 11lbs away from that 300 lb finish line. Well, maybe not a finish line, more like a pit stop. Lol.