Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• pork_belly
    Options
    Hey guys just wanted to give you an update. As of this morning, I am 155.8 pounds. I am only .4 pound away from an even 15 pound weight loss. I am so excited for this goal. Also, when I hit 153 pounds, I will be the "lightest" I've been since having my kid...THREE YEARS ago!!!! lol.

WoOt, wOoT! Awesome!

Good job!!! Keep it going!!!!

Anyone here use a coffee grinder to grind flaxseed into meal? Its almost half the price when you grind it yourself.
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    Hey guys just wanted to give you an update. As of this morning, I am 155.8 pounds. I am only .4 pound away from an even 15 pound weight loss. I am so excited for this goal. Also, when I hit 153 pounds, I will be the "lightest" I've been since having my kid...THREE YEARS ago!!!! lol.

WoOt, wOoT! Awesome!

Good job!!! Keep it going!!!!

Anyone here use a coffee grinder to grind flaxseed into meal? Its almost half the price when you grind it yourself.

I used my mini blender the last time I ground flax.
  • pork_belly
    Options

I used my mini blender the last time I ground flax.

How did that work out for you?
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    Worked fine! I had to shake it around every now and then - it probably took longer than a coffee grinder, but the result seem acceptable.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    It's probably not a good idea for the Whoosh Fairy to reward my day of eating cake and french fries with a nearly one pound weight loss..... :laugh:
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    It's probably not a good idea for the Whoosh Fairy to reward my day of eating cake and french fries with a nearly one pound weight loss..... :laugh:

Nice! :laugh:
  • CharlieLopez2005
    Options
    I've been at the exact same weight for over 2 weeks now on induction...no loss at all. I don't want to give up but I'm losing hope. I'm 7 pounds from goal. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? My diary is open. Thanks

Try looking up this concept of calorie cycling and blend with Atkin's induction. I'm intrigued by this concept of breaking platueas, but I'm not an expert on this by any means. Can anyone else speak to this?
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    Hi everyone!! :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Sooo...I just downed a whole bowl of penne pesto with grilled chicken and brocolli. The good thing is that I feel like I'm stuffed all the way to the top of my throat. It feels gross, and I am glad it feels gross. I will never forget this experience!!!!!! I guess I'll have a shake for dinner, double my water, and then try to burn 500 calories tonight. UGH!!!!!!!!!
  • SueInAz
    Options
    I've been at the exact same weight for over 2 weeks now on induction...no loss at all. I don't want to give up but I'm losing hope. I'm 7 pounds from goal. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? My diary is open. Thanks

Try looking up this concept of calorie cycling and blend with Atkin's induction. I'm intrigued by this concept of breaking platueas, but I'm not an expert on this by any means. Can anyone else speak to this?
    I started eating low carb again to break a plateau but haven't tried calorie cycling at all. Unless you count my 2000 calorie day Tuesday....
  • operationli482
    operationli482 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I would like to introduce myself and I am so glad to find this support group! I did followed the Atkins diet a few years ago and almost lost 40 lbs. I quit and have gained all of that back and then some. I have been trying to count calories but I am consistently hungry. I am on carb overload. I need to get back to a lower carb diet and resume my weight loss. I can't wait to get to the store tonight and get the right stuff! Have a great afternoon!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I would like to introduce myself and I am so glad to find this support group! I did followed the Atkins diet a few years ago and almost lost 40 lbs. I quit and have gained all of that back and then some. I have been trying to count calories but I am consistently hungry. I am on carb overload. I need to get back to a lower carb diet and resume my weight loss. I can't wait to get to the store tonight and get the right stuff! Have a great afternoon!

Hiyaaction-smiley-030.gif

I love this WOE, and I seem to always come back to what works. I've been on and off of Atkins since 2003, and have tried many other "diets" in-between. I realize that this is my only option for overall health, without deprivation. I just keep in mind that there are lower carbs options for just about everything, and I get to enjoy bread, pasta, and ice cream without the high-carb effects.

Felicia
  • SueInAz
    Options
    Welcome and wishing you much success!
  • kittrelle
    Options
    I like to mix vinegar with some chiles and black pepper and use that to dip my pork rinds in (this is awesome with fried pork belly as well).

If you like salt and vinegar potato chips, you should give this a try.
    THANK YOU so much for the idea...I've had pork rinds in the cabinet for 2 months now and never touched them. I tried that vinegar today and it was DELISH. I have my new 'chips' now and a vehicle for...well... anything!! Tuna salad, egg salad, sour cream dip...
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Quick question my fellow low carbers.

I started induction (little sluggish today) yesterday and I have noticed that my sodium is through the roof!

Is it normal for my sodium to be a little out of whack at first?

Thanks!
  • kittrelle
    Options
    What are you eating? Usually sodium is pretty low on Atkins...
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My worst meal was lunch, I had a salad with cheese, bacon, jalapeños, flax seed and spicy ranch dressing.
    It had just over 1000 mg?
    I thought that was a pretty good meal? I felt full, got two cups of salad in, plus some fat and protein. Am I doing something stupid that I have missed?
    I had nearly the same thing for dinner since i was so tired and didnt feel like cooking. Had eggbeaters for breakfast and a snack of some deli turkey breast (yikes) which put me at almost 3000 for the day.

Do I need to seek out lower sodium versions of the staples in my diet?
  • SueInAz
    Options
    My worst meal was lunch, I had a salad with cheese, bacon, jalapeños, flax seed and spicy ranch dressing.
    It had just over 1000 mg?
    I thought that was a pretty good meal? I felt full, got two cups of salad in, plus some fat and protein. Am I doing something stupid that I have missed?
    I had nearly the same thing for dinner since i was so tired and didnt feel like cooking. Had eggbeaters for breakfast and a snack of some deli turkey breast (yikes) which put me at almost 3000 for the day.

Do I need to seek out lower sodium versions of the staples in my diet?
    Short answer: yes.

As I'm sure you noticed, deli meats, bacon and cheese are all high sodium. You shouldn't eat more than an ounce or two of cheese per day and while bacon is nice, too much is not good for you. You might look into cooking chicken breasts in advance and slicing or shredding them so you can use them all week long instead of relying on deli meat. I actually will take a frozen breast, sprinkle some granulated garlic and onion on it and microwave it for about 4 minutes. It's fast and the chicken is juicy. Slice it up and use it on a salad or in a sandwich or eat it as is.
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    After three weeks without a loss i got on the scale this morning...WOOSH! Down three pounds!
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    After three weeks without a loss i got on the scale this morning...WOOSH! Down three pounds!

Great job! That was a big whoosh!