Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Welcome New Members!

Replies

• TheRealSatisfried
    TheRealSatisfried Posts: 1 Member
    Hello world. I'm not new to MFP but I haven't been consistent about using it. I'm hoping to try again and stay consistent to help me achieve my goal of losing some lbs before I start trying to size up. I'm hoping to find a buddy or two on here that can help me stay accountable. Something like regular messaging to check in on each other if we worked out on a given day, or if we met our daily macros and calorie goals, etc. Best of luck to everyone trying to better themselves.
  • FairBreez
    FairBreez Posts: 22 Member
    After a few years, hello again! MFP is more $ now but I’m giving it a re-try. I’m so obese (70# min to lose) and so unfit; I fall easily and am heading into ‘disability’ and earlier death perhaps — so this really IS “life or death” for me now. I’d like to see my grandchildren graduate hs at least! I’ve jumped in and I choose LIFE.
  • ammajay916
    ammajay916 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello all! I am new to MFP. I started about a month ago and just discovered the community today. I have always been overweight but last year at age 61 I was diagnosed with several autoimmune disorders. I know that losing weight will help in my quest to slow down the progression of the diseases. So here I am trying to get to a healthier weight. Thank you for the welcome.
  • return2fitness
    return2fitness Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! I have used this app off and on over quite a few years, but never for very long. However, this is the first time I've been dedicated to improving my overall health so I'm planning to use this app regularly for at least the next few months. My goal is to improve overall fitness and lose 30-50 pounds.
  • nancysgardens3880
    nancysgardens3880 Posts: 1 Member
    I just started yesterday, so still trying to figure out what this app does and how it works. I have a fitbit and synced it, but not sure if it's working yet.
    A few years ago I used Spark People and logged my food there, plus there were motivational points for reading articles, logging meals, etc and lost weight. Unfortunately, they changed everything and it's basically a disappointing program now. I'm hoping to again inspiration to to help myself get back to losing weight and be a more fit me.
    Logged meals and water yesterday and today and found myself not eating as much as usual with the shock of seeing how many calories have been consumed. I just need to keep it up.
  • cm8812
    cm8812 Posts: 3 Member
    New here and searching, narrowing down stuff here for beginners routine! No ones posted on here since 2019 so this a JOKE!
  • cm8812
    cm8812 Posts: 3 Member
    Gggg
  • elithea175
    elithea175 Posts: 36 Member
    cm8812 wrote: »
    ! No ones posted on here since 2019 so this a JOKE!

not understanding why you say that. the posts immediately above yours are from the last few days.
  • cscarbo2
    cscarbo2 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, hope everyone is having a good day. I'm not actually new but have never posted anything. I joined in 2014 when Spark People ended. I didn't use Fitnesspal much until Mar. 16, 2024 (weight 180.5). I have been fanatical with my diet and walking everyday for 5 months and reached my goal of 145 today. It's been a little hard at times, especially in social situations where I have less control, but 5 months went by fast and it was definitely worth it. I feel better and my cholesterol numbers are in the normal range. I'm a little scared. I have lost weight before a few times and gained it back within a couple of years. Maintaining is more frightening than actually losing weight to me. Thanks.
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 171 Member
    cscarbo2 wrote: »
    Hello, hope everyone is having a good day. I'm not actually new but have never posted anything. I joined in 2014 when Spark People ended. I didn't use Fitnesspal much until Mar. 16, 2024 (weight 180.5). I have been fanatical with my diet and walking everyday for 5 months and reached my goal of 145 today. It's been a little hard at times, especially in social situations where I have less control, but 5 months went by fast and it was definitely worth it. I feel better and my cholesterol numbers are in the normal range. I'm a little scared. I have lost weight before a few times and gained it back within a couple of years. Maintaining is more frightening than actually losing weight to me. Thanks.

SparkPeople didn't end till August of 2021.
  • jblacck
    jblacck Posts: 3 Member
    Let’s try this again. Fell off the wagon and now looking to lose about 40 lbs. the new MFP is a whole lot different!
  • AgnesKemunto
    AgnesKemunto Posts: 1 Member
    Hey? I'm new here. I want to keep fit and just live a healthy life😊
  • LazySham
    LazySham Posts: 81 Member
    Hello friends 👋
    Sham from India once again with new account.
    I was regular on MFP till 2019 or so. Once again trying to focus on my health on this beautiful platform with your help.... 😊
  • Nutbugs2
    Nutbugs2 Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 24
    Hi I'm new here. Im from Southern Calif, a singer, music teacher, and watercolor artist.
    I've been on this app for about a week. I have little over 100 lb to lose. I just started a group for those who are like me a little bit older, 58, and a lot of weight to lose, called 100# club: a support journey for 50+. I'm hoping to gain some friends on here to keep me encouraged and to give back some encouragement as well.
  • xMaliceMaex
    xMaliceMaex Posts: 1 Member
    Back again after a few years of not being active.
  • shaynatreat
    shaynatreat Posts: 1 Member
    Back at it. Redownloaded to help my girlfriend get motivated, ended up helping myself. Getting more and more into it every day.
  • DanielleInProgresss
    DanielleInProgresss Posts: 22 Member
    Hello!!! My name is Danni 😊

F
    Cw:240
    Gw:160

I'm starting over yet again... 2013/2014 I lost 75 pounds but after 10 years, COVID, two shoulder injuries, divorcing my ex, and moving back to the state I grew up in I have gained almost all of it back.

My girlfriend and I are going vegan in November when we move in together. Until then, I eat vegetarian.

If anyone has suggestions for exercise in a small apartment it would be appreciated.
  • achillvdb
    achillvdb Posts: 1 Member
    Hey guys. Trying to make a change for a healthier self. Excited to be here
  • Toronto75
    Toronto75 Posts: 71 Member
    Well, I'm back it again! need some motivation. What motivates everyone here?