Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    edited August 9
    Pip. I love the neon sign museum. He should definitely go.

I hope your sister visit goes well.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

I hope he will too. Found out he will be staying 4 nights. Going Monday coming back Friday

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Morning all. I’m just hanging out in the waiting room while my brother is in surgery. I just saw where The Thursday Murder club is coming to Netflix.
    Hope he recovers quickly.

Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Machka ... what a wonderful trip. I've always thought that I would enjoy a train excursion like that. There's one that runs through Canada that my husband and I have talked about.

Beth near Buffalo

We enjoyed it so much, I've started looking at other train trips.

We've never been to the Maritimes in Canada, and I think there's a train trip that goes from Montreal around the Maritimes.

We're also considering one that goes from top to bottom of Australia ... now that we've done west to east. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Thank you all so much for being with me this past month’s journey waiting for my job offer. I read through and signed this afternoon, I also went and got my security clearance I needed. I start on Aug 19th, it’s a bit more money than I was expecting, more vacation time than I was expecting and benefits start day one. I’m quite happy tonight.

Tracey in Edmonton

Congratulations!! Well done!!

• Machka9
    Margaret- I don’t know how people don’t nasal breathe. I hate breathing through my mouth when I have a cold or something.

Machka - What an incredible journey. I would love to do that someday.

I was able to sand my table today 4 times with finer grit paper each time. I have one more sanding to do tomorrow and then I’ll be able to start staining.

Tracey in Edmonton

I wondered about the nasal breathing too.

Even when my deviated septum blocked 3/4 of one nostril and 1/4 of the other, I breathed through my nose. When I got a cold and my nose was completely blocked, I hated breathing through my mouth. I was absolutely miserable. Since my surgery, breathing through my nose is even better!

The Indian-Pacific train journey was one of those things we wanted to do for a long time. We've talked about it for years. Since this year appears to be the year I'm doing things that have been on my list for a long time, I figured it was time to go for it! And it was well worth it. :)

Well done on the table. When you take photos of the words, take them with and without flash in various lights. Sometimes a certain lighting will make the text clearer.

Machka in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    edited August 10
    Machka: What a wonderful trip for you both.

Lisa: Your time stamp is when my alarm goes off in Blighty.

Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Machka- so your in your new place and just finishing up at your old place..and back to work Monday..
    That trip sounded like it was sensational..
    Alfie coming back today..
    I've slept pretty well except the darn cat has knocked my lamp of the bedside table in the middle of the night.sheesh.the lampshade is a mess..going to have to find a new one.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,503 Member
    :)