30 Day Shred Challenge (September 15-October 15)

Options

Replies

• aj11785
    Options
    Level 1 is completed and I totally feel ready for LV2D1 tonight. Ask me again in the morning though and I might change my mind.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    1st day of Level 2, it was tough but nice for a challenge. Here's my new stats (which just tickle me pink!)

Sunday September 18: Wednesday September 28

current weight 252.5 250 (-2.5)
    waist 43.5 42.25 (-1.25)
    hips 47 46 (-1)
    right thigh 28.25 25 (-3.25 OMG)
    left thigh 28.50 25 (-3.5 OMG)
    right calf 17.25 17 (-.25)
    left calf 17.50 17 (-.5)
    right arm 15.50 15.5 (0)
    left arm 15.75 15.25 (-.5)
    bust 45.75 45.5 (-.25)

Total inches lost in 10 days 10.5 inches total and 2.5 pounds!!! Awesome!!! It would be absolutely wonderful if I could lose this much again over next 10 days (I know I won't but WOW!) Have a great day all!
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Howbouto!! That is so wonderful! Did you have to measure over and over to see if it was true? Your thighs must be swimming in your pants now! :)

I pushed through and did day 3of level 2. I was so crushed by my weight gain yesterday that i almost didn't do it. I'm so glad for this challenge because the thought of missing a dash when I am almost halfway through was what made me go ahead and do it.

I won't say that it is getting easier, but I know that I can do it and so I am able to keep going. Why does every level use plank? Lol my elbows hurt when I am done? Of course my shoulder are screaming and I am sweating and grunting so, actually, my EVERYTHING hurts. :laugh:
    I studied my diet yesterday and found a few things that I want to change. I'm not going to weigh myself again during this challenge, though. I was so crushed yesterday that I just can't do that to myself again.

Happy shredding ladies!
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Suzandees, you can do it! I have often decided weight is a stupid mystery I will never unravel. :)

Level 2 Day 2 in the books... so much worse than Day 1.. which I expected because my shoulders are still sore from day 1! lol

Level 1 was the calf killer for me, level 2 is the shoulder killer.... gotta wonder what level 3 will destroy :)

Keepin on keepin on :)
  • Howbouto
    Options
    @ Suzandees Thank you! Yes my pants are all loose, but I thought it was my imagination. Also make certain you are keeping your butt down for planks, it should be harder on your abs than for shoulders and elbows. I tend to stick my butt up to reduce the strain on my abs.
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    Hi! I finished up L1D9 today. I was curious, for those of you who are in L2, did you totally master L1, minimum of Anita's moves, before moving into L2? I should be moving up in a couple of days, but I still have trouble with the pushups and for some reason, the jump rope kills me! Also, my knees hurt so bad during the jumping jacks. Am I doomed? LOL :laugh:
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    L1 D7 down

I have been trying to sink lower in the squats since my thighs aren't killing me. Tonight I noticed I was sweating more after the workout & wondered if it was because I was able to push a little harder. Did anyone else notice the same thing?

Thanks for the updates from those who have started level 2. Are you as sore with the second round as you were with the first one?
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Hi! I finished up L1D9 today. I was curious, for those of you who are in L2, did you totally master L1, minimum of Anita's moves, before moving into L2? I should be moving up in a couple of days, but I still have trouble with the pushups and for some reason, the jump rope kills me! Also, my knees hurt so bad during the jumping jacks. Am I doomed? LOL :laugh:

I could get through the entire workout without stopping, however I was still doing part of the beginner moves (started pushups up and then went to knees, like that).

Don't worry if you can't do all the pushups... level 2 will give you PLENTY of shoulder work to build them up. lol.

My shoulders still ache from this morning...lmao

You'll do great!

I am doing both Level 2 30DS and Yoga Meltdown tomorrow... I may die. :)
  • jaimieht
    Options
    L1 D7 down

I have been trying to sink lower in the squats since my thighs aren't killing me. Tonight I noticed I was sweating more after the workout & wondered if it was because I was able to push a little harder. Did anyone else notice the same thing?

Thanks for the updates from those who have started level 2. Are you as sore with the second round as you were with the first one?

I sweat like crazy just thinking about exercising so I am not the one to ask. Hee hee.

My calves are not anywhere near as sore - my shoulders are super sore. So um... different sore? lol
  • aj11785
    Options
    Completed Lv2D1 last night and I must say that Jillian is either insane or brilliant. The walk out push ups are the worse part for me so far. I lost 4 pounds in Lv 1 so I'm excited about that. I do find myself looking forward to the Ab circuit so my heartrate can slow down. Love this program though, maybe we should all do Ripped in 30 after completeing this. What do you guys think?
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Completed Lv2D1 last night and I must say that Jillian is either insane or brilliant. The walk out push ups are the worse part for me so far. I lost 4 pounds in Lv 1 so I'm excited about that. I do find myself looking forward to the Ab circuit so my heartrate can slow down. Love this program though, maybe we should all do Ripped in 30 after completeing this. What do you guys think?

I am all about that... I ordered Ripped in 30 from Amazon and just got it yesterday. I am so in.

The walk out pushups are tough but I find the strength circuit 3 horrid. The second set of military presses while kicking on one foot, my shoulders are SCREAMING. lol
  • Howbouto
    Options
    I'm up for ripped in 30 after this!!!

L2D2 is done. I do have a question for Jillian exactly what is "making your heart guggle" (cardio circuit 2)? lol I'm sore in different places for level 2 than level1! I also noticed my fitness had drastically improved! My heart rate doesn't get as high and drops quicker after exercise, which means my heart is in better shape but I burn less calories :(. Darn double edge sword.
  • welcomenuts
    Options
    I may need to go order ripped in 30!! I was already working up my own challenges for when this is done. ;)

I'm almost halfway through!! I can't believe it!
    ChereObebe, I just went on because I was bored with level 1 because of so many previous false starts. Level two is hard but in so many different ways! My least favorite are the V raises!! I am screaming at the tv during those. That second cardio circuit is a killer for me too.

I do think that Jillian needs a better sports bra in this round. I thought she was going to fall out during high knees! :laugh:
  • jaimieht
    Options
    This is when I am so glad I have a bunch of people doing this with me... Level 2 Day 3 and I am so fricken burned out on Jillian and 30DS today... about halfway through I was tempted to turn off my TV and run away, lol.

But I did not, day 3 in the books and will keep on shreddin... just to say I did. This round it is more of muscle weakness I am having difficulty with, not so much the cardio fitness, although double jump rope makes me cringe. :)

I am with you about the V raises... they make my arms want to fall off.

:)
  • Howbouto
    Options
    @ jaimieht I was very annoyed with Jillian on level 1, I tried it with just music but didn't like it either. I wish you could turn her babble off!
  • aj11785
    Options
    Did LV2D2 last night and OMG I hate plank pose. At the last circuit I was like seriously can't I just do the bike crunchs like LV1. Day 3 tonight, I'm not even going to watch LV3 before I'm there. I'm too scared. So up for ripped though going to order it now so by the time I'm done I'll be ready.
  • myskinnyjourney
    myskinnyjourney Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    just did day1 level 2 and my my i had to stop in the middle i was sooo tiredddd....i missed 2 days of the shred yestreday and the the day before...leve; 2 is crazyy and yes im totally in for the ripped in 30 challenge =)
  • welcomenuts
    Options
    Today is day 15 for me!!!

Once today's workout is done I'm official more than halfway!!

That makes me super excited.

Level two has been a killer for me. :tongue: a can't get off the floor when I'm done killer. That last strength circuit has not gotten any easier, it seems!
    The good news is, I'm not sore. I can't imagine how sore I would be if I hadn't been doing this every day! I'm actually excited to take my measurements in a few days. Thanks for all the motivation. I know that I wouldn't have been this consistent if it hadn't been for this group keeping me accountable. There have been several days where I would just rather get on the treadmill instead. :happy:

Keep shredding girls!
  • Howbouto
    Options
    Day 13 (L2D3) is done. This morning was hard. I didn't want to get up! I didn't want to exercise! But its done, and I'm glad I did it. I think all the planks are causing my neck to hurt (or it could be the stress at work.) Hope everyone has a better shred than me.
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Level 2 Day 4... and I am feeling it. And it, surprisingly, feels good.

I am also doing the C25K training and today I had some kind of running breakthrough and I think the euphoria is carrying over... lol

I feel worked out, hard, but I feel like this is possible instead of killing me :)

Go team!