WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    My table and chairs. Michaela and I set the table with my great grandmother’s dishes for a photo shoot.
    I am incredibly proud of this job and so thankful it is done!
    bq645d2irhli.jpeg
    0ty0b4mxqzrn.jpeg
    1yd1q4b3q356.jpeg
    wev6jqxub9wk.jpeg
    uo0dchlo7qub.jpeg

Beautiful job!!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    Last night was able to text with youngest sailor. Dermatologist did blood work and found some abnormalities, but with rash, and his wound on leg that isn't healing, the doctor referred him to internal medicine saying it might be Crohn's. I wish I could be there to just wring the docs neck. His symptoms though he has some skin issues isn't the major symptoms of Crohn's which is an inflammatory disease of the digestive tract mostly. The derm doc didn't even call him back up with his diagnosis, another sailor did, and called my son while he was in berthing, so son said it was heard to understand. I did tell son that more tests should be done, and he has to really be firm with medical so he can be proactive with his health. He's just a 25 yr old kid, not knowing what questions to ask, while still trying his best to be a sailor. Calming thoughts to him is appreciated. I cried and was so confused by this whole situation. Finally medical might actually take his grievances seriously and not just throw topical creams his way.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

Wounds that don't heal suggest diabetes to me. I hope he does get a full work-up.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,691 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Rebecca Question...has your sin seen a dentist lately? I have had two friends with wounds that wouldn't heal. Turns out they had infection in their gums. Worth asking about. My son in law developed psoriasis in the Navy. Under stress it would get awful. Just a couple suggestions.

Tracey Love the table and chairs!

Enjoying the kittens playing in the man cave with DH. SHOULD be working, but.....

Countdown to vacation!

Lots of love and gratitude,
    Kylia in Ohio

I think his only thing has been getting his wisdom teeth pulled at boot camp, but that has been years ago.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,797 Member

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terr
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,519 Member
    Happy Saturday! :smiley:

Carol in GA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    edited August 17
    <3

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    <3

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,194 Member
    My table and chairs. Michaela and I set the table with my great grandmother’s dishes for a photo shoot.
    I am incredibly proud of this job and so thankful it is done!
    bq645d2irhli.jpeg
    0ty0b4mxqzrn.jpeg
    1yd1q4b3q356.jpeg
    wev6jqxub9wk.jpeg
    uo0dchlo7qub.jpeg

Beautiful dining set! You did an awesome job! I just don’t have the patience to do something like that, but my DH would. I showed it to him and told him when we move to an apartment in a couple years, we will need to buy old furniture and refinish it like this. Bed will be first I think! 🧐

RVRita in Roswell
  • kevrit
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I think Rita is doing something like this already ...

Half Your Plate
    https://www.halfyourplate.ca/

Half Your Plate is an educational program founded in 2015 by the Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) an organization that represents the fresh produce industry and facilitates the trade of fresh fruits and vegetables in Canada.

Through Half Your Plate, CPMA educates Canadians of all ages about the importance of fresh produce consumption and encourages them to fill half their plates with fruits and vegetables to improve their health.

The program provides consumers with simple and practical resources to help them add a variety of produce to every meal and snack.

The Canadian Produce Marketing Association, the Heart and Stroke Foundation, the Canadian Public Health Association and the Canadian Cancer Society are proud to continue a long-standing partnership to improve fruit and veggie consumption in Canada. These organizations, widely respected for their role in health promotion and disease prevention through healthy eating education, proudly support the Half Your Plate campaign.

There are all kinds of recipes, articles, fact sheets and resources on the Half Your Plate site. https://www.halfyourplate.ca/fruits-and-veggies/resources/

Machka in Oz

Yes @Machka, I am doing something like this. The American CDC has the same information but call it “My Plate” program.
    https://myplate.gov/myplate-plan Lots of good info on here.

RVRita in Roswell
  • kevrit
    Dinner yesterday came from my grocery store, Albertson’s: Humus and pretzel kit, cup of sliced cucumbers with some kind of Mexican seasoning, wasn’t spicy hot and was good, and a plum. Supper was a warmed up biscuit with an apple, a small cup of ice cream and yogurt on top. Sort-of healthy! 🤪

byjcgdtt0bav.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell