Does that make me crazy?

Options

Replies

• weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have a problem if the dishwasher is not loaded just so. All the forks have to be in a section to themselves, spoons, knifes, ect. and not only do they need to be seperated, but they need to be in the same direction (handle down)! And of course there's a special place for plates, glasses, bowls....
    Does this make me crazy?!?!:happy:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have a problem if the dishwasher is not loaded just so. All the forks have to be in a section to themselves, spoons, knifes, ect. and not only do they need to be seperated, but they need to be in the same direction (handle down)! And of course there's a special place for plates, glasses, bowls....
    This is one of my pet peeves. I hate it when the dishwasher isn't loaded correctly!!! How do they expect everything to get clean if it's all piled on top of each other?????
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    This is one of my pet peeves. I hate it when the dishwasher isn't loaded correctly!!! How do they expect everything to get clean if it's all piled on top of each other?????

Memaw you do know that steam is a liquid for all practical reasoning, and it takes the shape of its container in this case, the dishwasher, so unless the glasses are suction cupped to the bowls the steam will get in there and clean the dishes, at least get the bacteria off of them... thats the whole Idea of the device anyway... NOW getting that gooey substance thta was left over in teh pan after you made that awesome spahgetti dinner... cant help ya :wink:
  • memaw66
    Options

Memaw you do know that steam is a liquid for all practical reasoning, and it takes the shape of its container in this case, the dishwasher, so unless the glasses are suction cupped to the bowls the steam will get in there and clean the dishes, at least get the bacteria off of them... thats the whole Idea of the device anyway... NOW getting that gooey substance thta was left over in teh pan after you made that awesome spahgetti dinner... cant help ya :wink:
    I want to know that the water is actually spraying onto the dishes and not just the steam! I want water action baby!!!!!!
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    I want to know that the water is actually spraying onto the dishes and not just the steam! I want water action baby!!!!!!
    unfortunatly the water doesnt do much, it can not get nearly hot enough, but STEAM... WHOA that gets really hot... like 400+ degrees hot... thats what neutralizes it... but I understand youre just crazy with the OCD :wink: so you have to have it just so :flowerforyou: ... :wink: I am anal about my Cutco knives I ONLY wash them by hand... I do not trust the dish washer... yeah... its CRAZY... I KNOW!!!
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    phew. i thought i was the only person with the dishwaser ocd. :bigsmile: its gotten to where i have to leave the room when DH decides to load it. it physically hurts to watch him just throw the dishes in there randomly.
  • memaw66
    Options
    unfortunatly the water doesnt do much, it can not get nearly hot enough, but STEAM... WHOA that gets really hot... like 400+ degrees hot... thats what neutralizes it... but I understand youre just crazy with the OCD :wink: so you have to have it just so :flowerforyou: ... :wink: I am anal about my Cutco knives I ONLY wash them by hand... I do not trust the dish washer... yeah... its CRAZY... I KNOW!!!
    Please let me have my craziness!!!! I don't need to know all that technical stuff, I just need to know the hot water is getting on the dishes!! Geesh !!!!:laugh:
  • memaw66
    Options
    phew. i thought i was the only person with the dishwaser ocd. :bigsmile: its gotten to where i have to leave the room when DH decides to load it. it physically hurts to watch him just throw the dishes in there randomly.
    I even rearrange the dishes in the dishwasher at work! It drives me crazy!!!!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Memaw, I'm with you. I have to load everything in the dishwasher correctly. What's worse is when the babysitter loads it...I am so grateful. And as soon as she leaves, I go back and rearrange everything, even if she's already turned the thing on.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I also hate having the blood pressure cuff on at the doctor's office, I start feeling like they will never be able to turn it off or take it off and it will just squeeze my arm off!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, I'm totally whacko!!!!

I've always been afraid of being locked in a public restroom and not being able to get out. I know they lock from the inside but what if the lock/knob broke and no one could hear my screams.???????????
    I know, I'm a nutcase!

Memaw

......heads to the shrink! LOL
    Man, when I was in labor, I had no anesthesia...and the blood pressure thing was driving me crazy. It was on automatic. You see those ladies on tv that want to kill hubby for doing this to them. I wanted to wring the docs neck for that danged pressure cuff.

And I never would have remembered to mention the bathroom phobia. But that's because I got stuck in a bathroom on a plane when I was little. The "stewardess" called my mom and asked if that was her daughter screaming in the bathroom. :embarassed: Now, I cannot use any restroom that is an enclosed tiny room...stalls I'm okay with though.

I mean really, you could sneak out the bottom if you HAD to.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    thats just CRAZY talk!!!

so how many of us have OCD???
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    when and if i eat m&m's, i have to eat them is some kind of color order - usually browns first, then red's, blue's, yellow's, green's, then orange. sometimes the blue and yellow are flip flopped. does that make me crazy??? :noway:
    You're not crazy. I do the same thing: sort the colors in piles, then eat them. Then I'll eat one M&M color, then another, ect. Does that make me crazy?
  • brandyjan
    brandyjan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to eat nutty bars layer by layer.....

Now I am trying to stay away from them because they are a weakness....
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I used to eat nutty bars layer by layer.....

Now I am trying to stay away from them because they are a weakness....

I kind of do that with kit kats!...(Haven't had one in a while) but I would eat the chocolate off first and then the middle of it!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i wonder if my eyes cross when i close my eyes and start falling asleep. sometimes i open them really fast to see if i am looking straight ahead or not...:laugh:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    i wonder if my eyes cross when i close my eyes and start falling asleep. sometimes i open them really fast to see if i am looking straight ahead or not...:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That made me laugh out loud. Probably because I do crazy things like that too.

Occasionally, I see if I can close doors through telekinesis.
  • heather0mc
    Options

i call that 'using the force'. i try to make people sleep that way. :smokin:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I talk to my cat constantly...like she's a human

I swear she talks back tho! :wink:

Does this make me crazy!? :laugh:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me too! Me too!

One time I saw a show about people who supposedly talk to angels, and they said that in order for an angel to speak to you, all you have to do is have an open mind and say, "Angels, speak to me."

I was in my car thinking about this, alone, and just for the heck of it, out loud I said, "Angels SPEAK to me!"

Suddenly there was a REALLY LOUD whistling--my sunroof happened to crack open at just that moment.

Yeah, I almost went off the road, and nearly had to have the interior of the car cleaned....:embarassed:
  • heather0mc
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me too! Me too!

One time I saw a show about people who supposedly talk to angels, and they said that in order for an angel to speak to you, all you have to do is have an open mind and say, "Angels, speak to me."

I was in my car thinking about this, alone, and just for the heck of it, out loud I said, "Angels SPEAK to me!"

Suddenly there was a REALLY LOUD whistling--my sunroof happened to crack open at just that moment.

Yeah, I almost went off the road, and nearly had to have the interior of the car cleaned....:embarassed: