Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I thought id post a before and after pic of me at 50lbs (sorry, my camera broke so i cant do any more pics right now..hope this motivates you all!)

Before: (240+lbs)

HPIM8360.jpg

After: (185lbs- Spring 2011)

001-1.jpg
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    # of Cups of Water: 38/60
    # of Days UC: 3/5
    # of calories burned: 1229/3500
    WEEKLY WI: TBA on Oct 6th

well I got in my 12 cups yesterday...I will update my water from today, tomorrow when I add in my walks at work!

Chandra-glad to see you are still here! The challenge for the week is: 60 cups of H20 for the week, to burn 3500 calories for the week, and to be under on your cals for at least 5 out of 7 days!! So....how are you doing with them so far?!

Kym-hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Laura-fantastic job so far, as always!

Keerti-it is all personal preferance IMO....most people on MFP believe that you should eat back your cals, to be sure to give your body enough energy to be able to burn them....however, every other diet that I have ever done or heard of, you eat a set amount and then burn EXTRA cals for the loss...in the beginning I stuck to as close to 1200 without going over as I could...it worked out very well for me! the closer that I get to my goal weight the more that I eat back my extra cals (trying to find what I will be able to do, to maintain this for the rest of my life)... but I have been plateaued for a while now so I may try to go back to the 1200 cals for a bit...we will see!!! Main point: do what works for you!!! just be cautious not to go TOO FAR below 1200...as EVERY diet says that that is not good!

:heart: YELLOW TEAM: OK...HERE COMES A LITTLE PEP TALK...PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED!! Out of the 8 people on our team, only 3 of us had a loss or a maintain!!!! 1 hasn't even posted since the beginning so I am pretty sure that she is out of the pic, and 4 had a gain!!! We really need to try and stay focused and motivated...I know life can get in the way sometimes, but like I said earlier...life happens, you have got to learn to deal with it, instead of making excuses!! I know that unexpected and undeserved gains CAN happen from time to time, but PLEASE, try to keep on track with the goals this week, and if you do, a loss should be no prob!!! Come on ladies...we can do this!:heart:

Karen-thanks for the chart again!! I love seeing it all laid out in front of me!!! As for the yellow team...I am pretty sure that Ccsunlight is out of this challenge...so unless you hear otherwise, could you please remove her from next weeks chart? thanks :)

Suzanne-CONGRATS on your 50lbs!!!! the before pic is a lil, lil...but from what I can tell...you've done a complete 180!!!! keep up the great work girl, and glad to have you on my team!!:drinker:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Tara--Yup, that last pic was me 20lbs ago. I'm at 70 now. :bigsmile:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Today's progress:
    Calories burned 3645/3500
    Water- 36/75
    Under Calories- 4/7

Additional goals-

Push-ups 35/100
    Situps or Crunches 35/100
    Run 10 miles this week- 8/10
    Do JM's RI30-1/4
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Tara--Yup, that last pic was me 20lbs ago. I'm at 70 now. :bigsmile:

Well congrats on your 70lbs!!! I THOUGHT you looked even smaller in your profile pic....no wonder!!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The challenge for the week is: 60 cups of H20 for the week, to burn 3500 calories for the week, and to be under on your cals for at least 5 out of 7 days!! So....how are you doing with them so far?!
    I keep forgetting to post what i eat, drink & exercise. I can defiantly say i drink the minimum of 8 glasses a day so i drink approx 56 cups a week without realizing.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Nice job Purple!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    9/29--18 cups H2O, 603 calories burned, under intake calories
    9/30--17 cups H2O, 510 calories burned, under intake calories
    10/1--16 cups H2O, 1100 calories burned, under intake calories
    10/2--16 cups H2O, 607 calories burned, over intake calories
    10/3--
    10/4--
    10/5--

Total--66 cups, 2800 calories burned, 3 days under intake calories
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Under Calories: 3/7
    Water: 32/60
    Calories Burned: 509/3500

]
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    **************************************************************************************************************
    Goal
    Progress
    T----/----F----/----S----/----S----/----M----/----T----/----W----
    # of Cups of Water:
    19/60
    6----/----7----/----4----/----2----/----
    # of Calories burned:----2550/3500
    946---/-1040--/
    0----/--564--/--
    # of days under calories:---3/7--(net)--(.-571.)/(.-324.)/(.+278.)/(.-209.)/(.-
    **************************************************************************************************************

Saturday was my free day, so over a couple hundred calories there

Still need to work on water...I do better at work than I do at home...don't drink much of anything at home

I do agree with Tara...I see a lot of 'another bad day, will do better tomorrow' followed a couple of days later by 'another bad day, will do better tomorrow'. Definately don't want to discourage you, but just want to make sure you are aware of you behavior. If you only say 'oy vey...*enter excuse here*', then you will not lose weight. If you have lost weight and then start this behavior, then you will slowly start to gain your weight back. C'mon...motivate yourself or take motivation from others successes! You can do this, just keep your hands off the cookies and get your butt moving! (saying in the most loving way possible...lol) :flowerforyou:
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Nice job Purple!

Thanks Tara!! I'm so proud of my team! What an awesome group of ladies.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Kory-thanks for agreeing with me!!! Afterall, you can't help others (nor can others help you), if you can't help yourself! Now go get some water lady!:drinker:
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Nice job Purple!

Thanks Tara!! I'm so proud of my team! What an awesome group of ladies.

Oops!! I just realized you meant that for Nat (purple1butterfly) !! haha... I still meant what I said though! :0) :flowerforyou: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • PoshTaush
    Options

Under calorie days: 3/7
    Cups of Water: 34/60
    Calories Burnt: 1475/3500
    Cal intake & water are as of yesterday. Hopefully I can update those later as I know i'll be drinking more water today. And hopefully be under in cals again today. Cal burn & running are current. Did 3 miles this morning. I need to get back to running regularly. I can tell it's been a while since I've run...felt a little tired towards the end but pushed through and made the full 3 miles. I was hoping to do more, but didn't have it in me. :ohwell:

Under calorie days: 1/7
    Cups of Water: 28/60
    Calories Burnt: 1575/3500
    Running Mileage: 3/12

Way to go Anita! Sounds like you are doing great even though you had a little time off from running! I will someday be able to do 3 miles! I want to do a 5K so badly! I'm just a chicken and comment phobic! haha... afraid of failure and all...

You are rocking the calories burnt! GO GIRL!
    Thanks Tausha! Trust me...if I can run, so can you! I did the C25K program. I was NOT a runner and in the beginning, I didn't think it'd really help me, or that I'd be able to do it. But I completed the program and actually enjoy running. I did the Warrior Dash over the summer, ran my very 1st 5K on the 4th of July and ran another 5K on Labor Day. I will be doing a Turkey Trot 5K next month as well. My goal is a 10K...working up to the mileage for that one! You can do it!!!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Under calorie days: 2/7
    Cups of Water: 50/60
    Calories Burnt: 1979/3500
    Running Mileage: 3/12

I woke up with lower back pain (probably due to the fact my 3 yr old slept in my bed last night & took it over). Anyway, I didn't want to do anything to aggravate it, so skipped my early a.m. workout. I'm hoping with the Motrin & just getting moving, it'll loosen up and I'll be able to go for a run later.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thursday through Sunday results:

# of Cups of Water: 26/60
    # of Calories burned: 363/3500
    # of days under calories: 3/7

Still not doing very well with the working out. But trust me, I am busting my tail around the house. I just don't log that as exercise. Have a great week everyone!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    I have an appt in another town 8 miles away, and will be walking home on foot..wish me luck! Gunna be yet a another huge burn today. :bigsmile:
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Hello lovely butterball babies! I just wanted to check in real quick because it's been a crazy week and I really haven't had a chance. It's been a very emotional, draining and busy week this week - There is no way I am going to get in my 3500 calories - boo! I am doing great with my water and my food intake has been below every day - I've burned 1368 calories this week and I'm fitting it in where I can - hopefully next week will be better.

I'm so proud to see how well you're doing though, and I hope you're all having a fantastic week!

(((hugs))),
    Sandy
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    This is through Sunday

Calories Burned: 2300/3500
    Cups of Water: 44/60
    Days Under Cal: 3/7 over on sodium every day so far and went over on calories on Saturday.

Not surprised that I went over on Saturday unfortunately, hubby, kids and out of town guest wanted to get take out so there went my eating healthy homemade food all day.

Holy cow Suzanne, I can't believe you're going to walk home 8 miles from you appointment! You go girl!