Options

Replies

• momathome
    Options
    So????
    I hope it all went well for you
  • Erica92627
    Options
    No response? I bet she's on the date now having a great time!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    G-moo...........

Don't leave us hanging! We are nosy.....dish..........

cm
  • madiposa
    Options
    :happy: I hope he didnt diss you again or cancell.:frown: I will be dissapointed in him! who is he? just kidding! :laugh: Well I can tell you i have been single for four yrs :brokenheart: and i kept looking and looking and there was no man that was strong enough for me im very romantic im very outgoing I love to laugh so whats wrong with me? i asked myself that alll the time.I hated when i would go on a date and it just didnt work out!!! I felt Fat and ugly and it made me sooo insecure about myself.dont do that to yourself its not worth it!!Thats what i learned in my time with men and belive me, im a "lady"that loves a man with words gets me all the time, well I used to!:laugh: So now i stopped looking and took care of myself and me two kids i gave up. than i went out with my bestfriend that is a guy and he met up with his co worker and i ended up having a great time with him :blushing: and he is totally opposite than me he is 6 ft im only 4'11 and im thick and he is average and we do just fine he is the sweetest guy i have ever met and yes we still talk at first we had are up and downs but we had to work on them. IM jst saying you can keep looking for the perfect guy but in reality there is no perfect guy :noway: as long as he respects you and loves you or grow to love you thats all that matters!!! :love: you need to feel good about yourself and feel happy cause if you dont you will make yourself ugly on the outside!:devil: So if he did not go on this date with you dnt call him wait to he calls you!!!!Everything will be alright as long as you want it to be and jst think of it as HIS lost not YOURS!!!!!!:bigsmile:AND if you did I hope you had a Good time!!JST take it one day at a time!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have to say that after reading this I am happy to not have to live in the dating world anymore. While marriage is not always easy...dating is even harder...until you meet the right guy! It will happen when the right one comes along! Again, good luck to you in your weight loss journey and love!:flowerforyou:
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    I am soooooo sorry not to post yesterday! The day just flew past. Meeting him, getting kids from school etc...... BUT...

YEEEE haaaaaa! My word but he was NICE. And hot!!:tongue:

I took all your wonderful advice with me and promptly forgot most of it !! Sorry!

We met up at this really posh hotel (eek!!) to have coffee and after the initial nervousness on both sides, we just got to talking (and laughing) and stayed for 2 and a half hours. He missed two meetings as he wanted to stay and talk. Ah, bless him.:smooched:

And he says I've got a cute *kitten*! He must be mad, it's about size of my house! But hey if he likes it....:laugh:

And he wants to meet up again next week, but texted me just after we left to say he couldn't wait till next week and could we meet sooner. Is this a good sign or is he just being polite? Or does he want to get the 2nd meeting out of the way quicker so he doesn't have to see me again??? :sad:

I want to say a HUGE thanks to all of you who have helped me get past this first date hurdle! I couldn't have done it without all the encouragement and butt-kicking!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • momathome
    Options
    This is good!!!!
    He missed meetings to stay and talk. If he didn't like you he would have said he had meetings and left and not to mention he wouldn't have made the second date. He would have just said he would call or something. So don't be so hard on yourself you are a beautiful person. Go out have fun and see where it takes you. :flowerforyou:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I agree he is just excited to meet up again, and I don't think it is to cancel out on you. If he missed meetings that is a good sign. He could have said he had meetings all week long instead of setting up another date. I'd give this guy a chance. Sounds like he's really into you.

Don't be discouraged though if a meeting does come up. As long as he keeps you posted with what is going on I don't think there is anything to worry about.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Awww! yay, I'm so happy for you. I've been reading along, I'm glad you finally posted about the date! It sounds like he really likes you a lot. Who wouldn't? You're a beautiful and obviously very nice person. I'm glad it worked out so well and hopefully we'll all be hearing wedding bells soon! lol j/k
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    It's good news. I hope you found a good guy. :wink:
  • kmaloz
    kmaloz Posts: 12
    Options
    He is being so much more than polite! Obviously you have such a glowing and vibrant personality (which seems to go with your picture- you look so happy!!) that you stimulated something in him that made him so excited to go out with you again. This is your time for fun! Don't play too hard though. ^_- Good luck babe
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Oh I hope so momathome and ynot, and everybody!

I guess now I just hope that I don't mess things up too badly. But he is lovely. He sends me these great little text messages, nothing earth shattering, just to let me know he is thinking of me. I never had anything like this with my ex-husband, he was 23 years older than me and completely unable to show emotion. well, except displeasure.:explode:

All I have to do now is tread that fine line between letting him know I'm still interested and the whole scary stalker thing!! :laugh: :laugh:

That is potentially more a minefield than anything else. He's already said that if i hadn't been so persistant we would never have met, and I don't want him to feel pressured. Argh It's all so complicated! :sad:

But thanks to all of you I feel i can 'get a grip' and just let myself BE myself and see what happens!

Watch this space folks! I may not post regularly but I'll try and keep you guys up to date (hee hee Pun intended:heart: )

All the best,
    Coralie
    :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad to hear you are so happy! That's terrific news. Have fun with him.

Cheryl :flowerforyou:
  • grumpymoo
    grumpymoo Posts: 64
    Options
    Thank you Cheryl. I will certainly try! :flowerforyou:

Although it is kind of hard to just have fun, as I seem to be becoming addicted to his text messages!:laugh:
    Hopefully the novelty will wear of soon and I will no longer be hanging over my phone waiting for it to beep. And then there is the worrying over whether he has got my message or not or if he is just ignoring it!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Things were soooo much simpler when all we had were phones in the house and letters!

:heart:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi Coralie - I just got caught up and am so glad that things are going well! :happy:

I just wanted to point out one thing:
    I guess now I just hope that I don't mess things up too badly.

HEY! :angry: It takes 2 to tango, you know... it sounds like your self-esteem might be getting in the way a little bit. You seem like a very nice and sweet person. Sometimes things don't work out - any time you're talking about relationships, it's going to be complicated. But I hate to see you backhandedly undermining yourself with that sort of self-defeating attitude. Instead of worrying that your going to "mess things up", try to just think about getting to know him better and being honest with yourself (and with him, of course). Tell that little self-doubting voice to shut up for a bit! :laugh:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Chris
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yee HAW!!! Good for you both!
    Hey if the guy is texting you that much, you can bet he is interested.
    I agree...you need to stop letting your self-doubts try to sabotage what could be a great friendship.
    You hang in there...besides he already told you he thinks you're cute (okay, his reference was to a certain part of you that's cute, but stil...it counts!)
    You definitely have to keep us all up to date.
    Cowboy
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Hi. Quick update!

Am going for second date tommorrow hopefully, all being well.

And I can't wait!! Have had soooo many sleepless nights this week! :yawn:

I may just expire from frustration if he cancels! :tongue:

Hope you all out there are ok. Take care now,
    :heart: :heart:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    don't forget to eat! .....and sleep.......ah, well, maybe next week. :tongue:

~Cheryl
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Thanks Cheryl.

Umm, the guy. Well Date 2 was supposed to be today but as I haven't heard from him in while I guess that's another one to chalk up to experience.

Still the day is young yet (well, here it is at least!) and I'll give him a while yet before writing him off for good! I'm nothing if not patient and he's already said I'm persistant.

:grumble:

So I will send him a text message in a bit and see what's going on.

Hope you all have a great day out there losing weight and being happy!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Yes, dear - it is 12:34 AM here in Seattle, WA in the U.S. of A. I see you are in England. You can always message us in between stressin' about him messaging you......if that makes any sense? There is always someone on here at all hours.

I just sat down with a glass of Cabernet. I had a day of way too much food.....It was a bit stressful for me today. I had a really early doctor appointment, and I'm not a morning person. Then of course I sit and wait over an hour to see the doctor. Geez, I coulda slept another HOUR :laugh: .

Then more drama with my homeowners association here (I'm on the Board at our condo). They all need to take a bit of Cabernet with their morning tea. :grumble:

I hope you won't worry too much about the guy. Maybe he just got busy. I'm sure you'll hear from him at some point. Don't sit by the phone waiting, though! Fill your time and live your life to the fullest with or without him.

Talk to you later.

~Cheryl