30 Day Shred for October

Options

Replies

• fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB so far everyone!!! I know we all hurt and people probably laugh at us when we try to sit down or take a step up onto something. But it is worth it. I'm not too bad sore. My legs and butt mostly. My arms not too bad. I am really really really horrible at the last weight training circuit part though. when she makes you do the side lunges with weights. I look forward to mastering that. Ha!! You will not conquer me! I have however found that Level 1 is much easier than it was when I did it the first time around where I was burning 500 calories in 20 minutes. I'm in better shape now, I burned 350 last night. Bummer on the lower burn but YAY on the better fitness. Keep it up everyone! Day 4 tonight.

This may seem like a silly question, but how do you know how many calories you burned doing the 30DS?

I wear a heart rate monitor that calculates my calories burned based on my age, weight, sex and heart rate.
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    Okay, I will watch what I say from now on. lol Yesterday I posted that I wasn't too sore, which I wasn't. However ...when I got home from work I began to feel it. I did the workout last night and this morning...ouch! :) I had to go downstairs twice at work today and the first time I was like, "Oh, man, stairs aren't my friend today." lol Let's not even talk about sitting on the toilet... haha!

It usually takes about 24 hours for the full soreness to kick in. It'll get better. :)
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    I am probably underestimating my burned calories when I log because I read somewhere on MFP that you can just use 9min strength, 6 min cardio, and 3min abs. That only puts me at around 158 or 9 burned. Somewhere else I read that you can also use circuit training but the total seems high. I don't want to over estimate too much but I also want to not under estimate too much too. Suggestions????

GREAT JOB so far everyone!!! I know we all hurt and people probably laugh at us when we try to sit down or take a step up onto something. But it is worth it. I'm not too bad sore. My legs and butt mostly. My arms not too bad. I am really really really horrible at the last weight training circuit part though. when she makes you do the side lunges with weights. I look forward to mastering that. Ha!! You will not conquer me! I have however found that Level 1 is much easier than it was when I did it the first time around where I was burning 500 calories in 20 minutes. I'm in better shape now, I burned 350 last night. Bummer on the lower burn but YAY on the better fitness. Keep it up everyone! Day 4 tonight.

I suggest getting a HRM. But if you can't then I suggest using the circuit training selection. Better to underestimate than over I would think.
  • juliapm7
    Options
    This workout destroys my knees for some reason! Ugh! I have no problem with lunges, squats, etc. when I do any other workout videos, but four sessions into 30DS and my knees are aching. The muscle soreness I can handle, but the knee pain is a whole nother story. At this point, I'm planning to do 30DS first day, eliptical second day, 30DS third day, have a rest day, repeat.
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    This workout destroys my knees for some reason! Ugh! I have no problem with lunges, squats, etc. when I do any other workout videos, but four sessions into 30DS and my knees are aching. The muscle soreness I can handle, but the knee pain is a whole nother story. At this point, I'm planning to do 30DS first day, eliptical second day, 30DS third day, have a rest day, repeat.

Maybe skip the jumping jacks? I do the punches instead because they hurt my ankle.
  • juliapm7
    Options
    I've done jumping jacks before no problem. Now that you mentioned that, it probably is the butt kicks. When I do the workout tomorrow morning I'll switch those up for something else and see how it goes. Thanks!
    Looks like I'll be starting my 30 days over again.
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    I've done jumping jacks before no problem. Now that you mentioned that, it probably is the butt kicks. When I do the workout tomorrow morning I'll switch those up for something else and see how it goes. Thanks!
    Looks like I'll be starting my 30 days over again.

Yeah, try replacing those with the punches or something like that. And don't start over. Just continue with what you've done and prosper!
  • juliapm7
    Options
    I'll do that, seems a lot less defeating!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    This may seem like a silly question, but how do you know how many calories you burned doing the 30DS?
    [/quote]

According to my HRM I burned about 202 calories this morning doing Level 1. Day 3 down for me!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 5 of Level 1 today - man, was I tired! I almost didn't have the energy to do it, and I fear I might have slacked a bit. I did an hour of weight training at the gym, walked the 30 minutes home, did Day 1 Week 1 of the C25k, and finally, at 8:30ish, did the 30DS.

Things are going well. (:

You call that "slacking"??? :laugh:
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    ignore sorry.
  • BabyFishMouth
    BabyFishMouth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late to join, I'm in. I only started yesterday, but I have two days under my belt now.

SW 151.4
    Waist 34
    Hips 41

I also swim pretty intensely 3-4 days a week, so I'm not sure I'll have the energy to complete 30DS on those days, but I'm going to try. Tomorrow is a swimming day.
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day 4 in the bag. The arm raises with the side lunges are getting easier and this was the first day I got through all of the shoulder raises without stopping. There is definitely a method to Jillian's madness. This kind of routine (only one rest day and weights every day) goes against everything I have ever done. But I think it works because it's short bursts and not a long, exhaustive workout.
  • Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Side lunges with raises is the worst!!! For some reason that is when my arms get super tired!! But I have made it through day 3. Only 27 more to go!! Happy to see so many other shredders this month!
  • ketrell
    ketrell Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in . I just saw this post and I'm currently doing 30DS and I'm on day 3.
  • nelliemagine
    nelliemagine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want in! I'm starting tonight. Close enough :)
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Me too! Those lunges and the jumping jacks in section 2 or whenever they are. That round is harder. I find myself wanting to tell her to make up her mind...on the floor or up lol

Side lunges with raises is the worst!!! For some reason that is when my arms get super tired!! But I have made it through day 3. Only 27 more to go!! Happy to see so many other shredders this month!
  • sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I can't wait to see what this month brings all of us. Good luck!
  • sss92225
    sss92225 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want in too! This will be my second round. I had such great results the first time, I'm really looking forward to seeing what round 2 brings. I just started last night, so tonight's workout will be L1D2.
  • NPS1985
    NPS1985 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm joining the 30DS for October!