Black Team Challenge Week 12

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had another eureka moment last night. I wore my HRM while swimming.. 54 minutes in the pool swimming freestyle gave me 357 calories (minus the 100 I would expend sitting around = 257). The MFP site has been giving me something like 800 calories for 1 hour (which I did think was high - that's why I decided to measure).

Sooo,, I've been giving myself far too much credit for swimming. No wonder I haven't been losing.

So, a reset - now at 1 lb a week to lose and wearing a HRM for all exercise..

Wish me luck for next weigh in..

janie

janie, I so feel your pain. The reality is we are more fit now so it takes a LOT to get that HR up there and burn more calories! I wogged on the treadmill for 45 min yesterday and burned 158 cals! ARGH!! Of course I also know it is due to my healthier heart muscle not having to blow up to get my up 10 stairs, so that is a good consolation.

I have added different exercises (still no weight loss but a change in my butt shape:laugh: )
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Lynnie, you were posting when I was posting up above and didn't see your new pic! WOW, YOU LOOK AMAZING! :flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

I had another eureka moment last night. I wore my HRM while swimming.. 54 minutes in the pool swimming freestyle gave me 357 calories (minus the 100 I would expend sitting around = 257). The MFP site has been giving me something like 800 calories for 1 hour (which I did think was high - that's why I decided to measure).

janie

I had the same eureka moment last night when I wore my HRM for the first time. 476 cals for 49 min of cycling/spinning. I'm about to find out what I actually get for my kickboxing class...MFP gives me over 700 and I'm thinking that's also way off, but it will be nice to know for sure.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

janie

I had the same eureka moment last night when I wore my HRM for the first time. 476 cals for 49 min of cycling/spinning. I'm about to find out what I actually get for my kickboxing class...MFP gives me over 700 and I'm thinking that's also way off, but it will be nice to know for sure.

I wonder shuntae if i would change anything........really you have lost an entire person.......i wouldnt change a thing:laugh: :laugh:

I have been eating too little and not losing. hopefully i can change that!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Shuntae! My spinning class: 425 cals for 45 minutes. My kickboxing class: 825 cals for 60 min. It is possible!

Okay...off to the zoo.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

janie

I wonder shuntae if i would change anything........really you have lost an entire person.......i wouldnt change a thing:laugh: :laugh:

I have been eating too little and not losing. hopefully i can change that!

The only thing I did change was to set my goal at losing 1/2 pound per week rather than 1 pound. If nothing else, that will help me starting working on maintenance. I need to get used to eating more than the 1300 that I had been.

It's so strange that now I sometimes have to figure out how to get more calories in, when before I didn't know when to stop. I wish I would have tracked at my "before" point because I'm curious to know just how much food I was shoveling in!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Shuntae! My spinning class: 425 cals for 45 minutes. My kickboxing class: 825 cals for 60 min. It is possible!

Okay...off to the zoo.

We shall see, it will definitely be interesting because my instructor is a hard-*kitten*! That's probably why I enjoy going on Saturdays, so I have a little extra cushion to be able to enjoy our date nights. :bigsmile: We're going out for BF's birthday tonight, so I will definitely need it. Plus, he asked me to make him peanut butter brownies and I will have to test them out so we can make sure they are safe for human consumption. :tongue:

Have fun at the zoo!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! It was scary but I am thinking hey, it's a new deal, a new you--go for it! I start my new store on Monday so I needed a confidence booster!
    You kiddin'? You look like a star-- Shania Twain or sumpin-- totally fabulous!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I don't know-- I was reading Tami's success tales. She never had a heart rate monitor, and she lost 135 pounds with very few plateaus--

I bought a piddly "heart rate monitor' on eBay-- puh-- doesn't work. I could return it, but it keeps track of my exercise time, so I'll wear it. It's one of the cheapo watch kinds--

I think, though, I'm adding too many exercise calories back, too-- I'm thinking I need to go back to square one, with the 1,200 base and totally regroup. I was thinking along those lines last night before I read this--

Heading out to run-- have a great day, ladies.
  • Marla64
    Options

Okay...off to the zoo.

Hey-- I didn't know you were coming over. Thanks for the heads up-- KIDS...COMPANY!!!!!! CLEAN!!!!!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Happy Saturday Morning Black Team!

Sara- holy calorie burn bat man! good work. Your so close to your goal. I certainly hope your not going anywhere when you reach it.

Lynne- Your hair looks great! You look like a 20 something! Good luck at your new store I know you'll do great.

Gonna keep busy today, trying to get the taxes done. ICK! Starting week 2 of c25k today so I am ready for some running. I did week 1 all wrong lol. It reads to run for 60 seconds and walk for 90 then repeat. I had it the other way around. I ran for 90 and walked for 60 lol. Ah well. Anyway have a great day guys. I'll be popping in and out.

:drinker:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Want to know what I went and did? Look at my profile pic! I cut a bunch off, and colored it a ton. I couldn't decide what color so it has shades of burgandy in the bottom, then black on top, then super blonde highlights. I just let my girl do her thing with my hair and it was an awesome feeling! I felt like a princess and my fantastic stylist had as much fun as I had. She wouldn't let me see it and five hours later this is what I end up with. So, I'm a little nervious about a big change but it's only hair...right?

Oooh Lynnie! That is gorgeous, girl! I love it!

:heart: Tresa
  • Marla64
    Options
    oh my gosh-- what a lovely, lovely day here in New Jersey-- Happy SPRING everyone-- wooooooo!!!!

I just had a lovely 30 minute run-- about 3 miles, I do believe-- 6 minute cool down walk afterwards-- can't believe I can do this, and enjoy it-- it's so un- (enter maiden name here) family like-- my family would fall off their China buffet chair if they knew I was training for a 5k.

Life-- go figure--

Blessings to all, my good teammates-- off to work I go!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Want to know what I went and did? Look at my profile pic! I cut a bunch off, and colored it a ton. I couldn't decide what color so it has shades of burgandy in the bottom, then black on top, then super blonde highlights. I just let my girl do her thing with my hair and it was an awesome feeling! I felt like a princess and my fantastic stylist had as much fun as I had. She wouldn't let me see it and five hours later this is what I end up with. So, I'm a little nervious about a big change but it's only hair...right?

I love the new hair...you look great!

I love it too!!!!!:heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words guys, you are all amazing. I'm getting a lot of mixed reactions, everyone is used to seeing me blonde. some love it, some hate it. Either way, I'm okay with it. I bought a beautiful purple shirt with a glittery flowing scarf to wear out tonight and guess what else? I RAN today...for the first time in like... since elementary school and it was AH mazing! Gotta do a little more tomorrow! I envy you, Marla for training for a 5k. Maybe someday, she says wistfully. Andrew, maybe your mixup caused your nipple twisting.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    oh my gosh-- what a lovely, lovely day here in New Jersey-- Happy SPRING everyone-- wooooooo!!!!

I just had a lovely 30 minute run-- about 3 miles, I do believe-- 6 minute cool down walk afterwards-- can't believe I can do this, and enjoy it-- it's so un- (enter maiden name here) family like-- my family would fall off their China buffet chair if they knew I was training for a 5k.

Life-- go figure--

Thats awesome Marla,

I am really starting to like running myself. Went to the gym to start week 2 of the c25k and as I got on the treadmill I though back to that time a few months ago when I had gotten on the treadmill and ran my butt off until I got to 3 miles. Well I figured, I did it then and I was almost 20lbs heavier at the time....So I just ran and ran and got my 3.25 miles in. No incline ect... so I know its not the same as outdoor running but it felt great. Looking forward to that father's day 5k in June!

• Marla64
    Options

Life-- go figure--

Thats awesome Marla,

I am really starting to like running myself. Went to the gym to start week 2 of the c25k and as I got on the treadmill I though back to that time a few months ago when I had gotten on the treadmill and ran my butt off until I got to 3 miles. Well I figured, I did it then and I was almost 20lbs heavier at the time....So I just ran and ran and got my 3.25 miles in. No incline ect... so I know its not the same as outdoor running but it felt great. Looking forward to that father's day 5k in June!

Andrew-- I've had a treadmill in the past, and I find that harder to run any length of time, than running outdoors. All I was doing was watching that little LED dot go around the track on the dashboard of the stupid thing-- .01 miles-- ugh-- .02 miles-- ugh-- .03 miles UGH!!!! I hated it. I mean, capital H, capital A, capital T, capital E-- !!!!!!!

It took far more intestinal fortitude than I had to keep going-- a quarter of a mile seemed like 100 miles, it was so miserable!

So, don't DIS your accomplishment, my good man. 3.25 miles, no matter how you slice it is incredible-- again, to be Billy Blanks-- overcoming things we never thought we could accomplish, whether on the treadmill or outside is truly something to be proud of--
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Thanks for being my Billy Marla,

Tae Bo is a good work out...but man I hated that dude. Mostly because he made my body hurt:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I suppose that should be a reason to like him lol.

:drinker: Cheers to the Black Team runners lol.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thanks for being my Billy Marla,

Tae Bo is a good work out...but man I hated that dude. Mostly because he made my body hurt:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I suppose that should be a reason to like him lol.

:drinker: Cheers to the Black Team runners lol.

better than hating him 'cause he wears funny shorts like Sara-- LOL-- oh, yeah, and she doesn't like the chanters in the background. :wink:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Lynnie – I love the hair! You always look so great in your av pics. :flowerforyou:

Amanda – So you’re an equal opportunity peep eater. :laugh:

Sara – A peep originalist. I agree! :drinker: Were you able to get the whole family to the zoo this time?

Andrew – Have fun with taxes. :noway: Ours aren’t even super complicated, baby, house, done. But it still really stressed Dave out. I’m glad they only have to be done once a year.

You guys were saying about HRM reading. I did 20 minutes of pilates the other day. I assumed it wouldn’t be a lot but I wanted to see what I burnt. But the chest strap must have slipped from moving around because I looked over and it said my HR was zero. I fixed it but after 20 minutes, it said I burnt 30-some calories. In 20 minutes of sitting still I should burn more than that!

I did my spa package today. It included a facial, a massage, a pedicure, and a manicure. It was nice to relax and focus on me. Dave had Harley and she did well (except for the diaper explosion that required her spare pants from the diaper bag). Now my face, hands, and feet are all soft and girly and I have purple toenails. :laugh: