NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Motivated Mamma's
    Week 2

Cardio challenge - 1 point per day = 7 points Total
    Part 1- 3 points
    Get your heart rate up
    Part 2 - 4 points
    Enter in your calorie burns everyday on the spreadsheet this can earn you an extra point on the days 4 days you aren't earning points from part 1.

Food challenge-1 point per day x5, 2 bonus points = 7 points Total
    Part 1
    Total points- 5
    5 days of fruits and veggies
    Part 2
    Total points-2
    We could all use some ideas on how to sneak in fruits and veg, so we're also asking you to post once this week your favorite fruit/veg meal or snack.

Strength Exercises = 13 points Total
    :smile: Kegel Exercises: 10-15 x3 everyday this week - 7 points
    :smile: Leg Curls 15 x 3 3 days this week - 3 points
    :smile: Lateral Raises 15x3 3 days this week - 3 points

Emotional Challenge= 1 point Total

Total possible points for Week 2 = 28 points

Ladies,
    I notice some of you are already over 28 points this week, please revise the possible points this week and adjust your points on the spreadsheet.
    Your all doing awesome!!!

Thank you,
    Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Food Challenge
    Part 2

This is my favorite recipe from skinnytaste.com. Here is the link
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chicken-rollatini-stuffed-with-zucchini.html

I also add spinich in the mix, my family loves it! I also add spinich and mushrooms to almost everything I cook. Speghetti, Mexican food, Portabella Pizza's just about anything.

I am lucky because my family loves veggies and we have a home grown Garden so we have a ton of veggies on hand everyday.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Motivated Mamma's
    Week 2

Part 1- 3 points
    Get your heart rate up
    Part 2 - 4 points
    Enter in your calorie burns everyday on the spreadsheet this can earn you an extra point on the days 4 days you aren't earning points from part 1.

Part 1
    Total points- 5
    Part 2
    Total points-2
    We could all use some ideas on how to sneak in fruits and veg, so we're also asking you to post once this week your favorite fruit/veg meal or snack.

Ladies,
    I notice some of you are already over 28 points this week, please revies the possible points this week and adjust your points on the spreadsheet.

Thank you,
    Karie

Oops! my bad! Adjustments have been made. Sorry Karie!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Motivated Mamma's
    Week 2

Part 1- 3 points
    Get your heart rate up
    Part 2 - 4 points

Part 1
    Total points- 5
    Part 2
    Total points-2

Ladies,
    I notice some of you are already over 28 points this week, please revise the possible points this week and adjust your points on the spreadsheet.
    Your all doing awesome!!!

Thank you,
    Karie

Took me FOREVER to find my glitch-- was even questioning the original numbers! But, then I saw that I was counting my daily fruit and veggie servings for 7 instead of 5. Oops! All taken care of now!
    Thanks!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I have to work tomorrow so I decided to weigh in today.

M/M 1st weigh in: 215.2
    M/M Week 2: 213.4
    Loss: 1.8lbs!!!!

I am so excited to say I have reached my first goal officially! I have lost 31.4 Pounds, I can't believe it!! I mean I can because I have worked hard for this but I am just so excited right now!! I was so nervous getting on the scale this morning, with the stress of work and adjusting I didn't know if I would lose this week. Thank you all for your support, you inspire me everyday to keep pushing myself!

Karie
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Emotional challenege:
    I helped come up with this challenge and I still had to think all week about my answer.
    How will my life change? I will feel more confidenet in my clothes, I can wear any clothes that I like, not just ones that hide the poochy tummy I had. I love that I have never really looked my age, and now that I've lost the weight that I wanted (only 2 lbs to my goal), and started to focus more on strength training, it's only getting better!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options

I am so excited to say I have reached my first goal officially! I have lost 31.4 Pounds, I can't believe it!! I mean I can because I have worked hard for this but I am just so excited right now!! I was so nervous getting on the scale this morning, with the stress of work and adjusting I didn't know if I would lose this week. Thank you all for your support, you inspire me everyday to keep pushing myself!

Karie

YAY!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy: So proud of you!!!!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Karie

Whooooo hoooo...happy for you! you did it... :flowerforyou:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Karie

Yeah, hoot, hoot, hoot (Fist pumps!!!) That is awsome!!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

Karie

Awesome job! You are doing so great! You are a huge inspiration!
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Karie

wow that's absolutely amazing, i'm over the moon for you. congratulations!! xxxx
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    WTG Karie! So very exciting!!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It has been a pretty good day, with the exception that I had a walk planned and it rained all day! I did some at home exercising instead. I don't expect to see anything at tomorrows weigh in, TOM is on its way and I always bloat right before.

Hope it was a great day for everyone else!
  • cynthappy2
    cynthappy2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok...this week was an official bust. I just found the challenge today so I will begin recording points next week. Congratulations on meeting your goal Karie!:drinker: I am 7 lbs from my first goal. :happy: Check in tomorrow with my weight and find this weeks challenge.

Oh can someone tell me where do I paste the link for the ticker:ohwell:
  • bmccrary
    Options
    Evening ladies,
    My name is Brandi i am 25 yrs old. I am not a momma yet but i hope to be in the near future. My main reason for wanting to lose weight is so that i will be a happier and healthier person when my child finally comes into my life. i want to carry my child in a healthy body and i want to be active with them while they are growing up.

You ladies are amazing and i can't wait to start this challenge with you tomorrow, i just have one slight problem, i don't know where to go. Do i post on here and will the challenge be in here or ids there somewhere else i need to be on,

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
    to all of you that i have lost lbs and reached their goals. as i said before you guys are doing great and i can't wait to be a part of this amazing, supportive group of ladies.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Ok...this week was an official bust. I just found the challenge today so I will begin recording points next week. Congratulations on meeting your goal Karie!:drinker: I am 7 lbs from my first goal. :happy: Check in tomorrow with my weight and find this weeks challenge.

Oh can someone tell me where do I paste the link for the ticker:ohwell:

Cynthia and anyone else who would like to add our team siggy. Here it is

I'm loving it!! I will post the link for everyone so they can just copy and paste this; (Oh and make the I's in img lowercase so it will show up in your siggy! )

bluephoenixart-1.jpg
    Paste this in your signature, you can find that at the top of the page here.
    At the top it looks like this choose Signature, copy and paste it there.

Home Recent Posts My Topics Signature Search

Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Ladies,
    Thank you all for your comments, I really do appreciate every one of you. You have become like family to me! Like I said without you, honestly I don't think I would of reached my goal.

:happy: Here is the link for week 3:happy:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/360067-motivated-mamma-s-week-3-closed-group
    **Another note, If you were not a part of the challenge during the first or second week, if there are no points on the spreadheet you can match your points to your partners points, if you have any questions send me a msg.

:bigsmile: Remember Please weigh in here in the morning, we will keep our weekly weigh in at the end of each week thread. :bigsmile:
    :wink: Here is the link to our spreadsheet if anyone needs it
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGJmckI0LXhiV2piODNrU3o3NG9XRVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Have a great day tomorrow, I will be leaving for work early tomorrow, it will be my son's first day at daycare and honestly I am freaking out!!!:sad: I will talk to you all tomorrow night, good luck with the weigh in, I am sure you will all do fabulous!:heart:
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Hey ladies. I'm sorry I'm not posting as often as I would like, but I am still having some issues with my computer...Annoying thing. Anyway, I ended up with 24 of the 28 points for this week. I had a difficult time getting in those fruits everyday! I am looking forward to the weigh in for a change. And even if the scale doesn't show a change, I can see one! I have a (ahem) roll on my right side that is now a slight indentation. :-) Yay for progress! You guys rock.
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I'm sorry I'm not posting as often as I would like, but I am still having some issues with my computer...Annoying thing. Anyway, I ended up with 24 of the 28 points for this week. I had a difficult time getting in those fruits everyday! I am looking forward to the weigh in for a change. And even if the scale doesn't show a change, I can see one! I have a (ahem) roll on my right side that is now a slight indentation. :-) Yay for progress! You guys rock.

I understand having computer issues and logging in! Fruits & veggies are tough to get in! But I try and have both at every meal, then I'm usually "safe". I love your progress! And yes WE rock! (that includes YOU too). Thanks for your post; just what I needed to read... :wink:
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ladies,
    Thank you all for your comments, I really do appreciate every one of you. You have become like family to me! Like I said without you, honestly I don't think I would of reached my goal.

:happy: Here is the link for week 3:happy:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/360067-motivated-mamma-s-week-3-closed-group
    **Another note, If you were not a part of the challenge during the first or second week, if there are no points on the spreadheet you can match your points to your partners points, if you have any questions send me a msg.

:bigsmile: Remember Please weigh in here in the morning, we will keep our weekly weigh in at the end of each week thread. :bigsmile:
    :wink: Here is the link to our spreadsheet if anyone needs it
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGJmckI0LXhiV2piODNrU3o3NG9XRVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Have a great day tomorrow, I will be leaving for work early tomorrow, it will be my son's first day at daycare and honestly I am freaking out!!!:sad: I will talk to you all tomorrow night, good luck with the weigh in, I am sure you will all do fabulous!:heart:

Leaving your baby at daycare the first time is soooo tough! Bring tissues in the car & if you wear makeup, bring supplies for touch up; when I left my son, I cried more than he did (I don't think he really noticed I left; he was having fun). A tough rite of passage momma but you'll make it! :heart: