Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my absence everyone. My father in law passed away unexpectedly last Tuesday and I have been busy with other things and have had little access to the computer. I will endeavour to get caught up over the next few days. Hopefully everyone made great progress and meet their goals!

So sorry to here of the loss of your father in law.
    take care
    Sam
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Week 7 - 186.4(Oct 3) OMG !!! Really !!!

Okay I don't know how it happened, but I am dancing this morning. I lost 3.6 lbs ?? !! :noway: :love: :drinker: :bigsmile: I moved the scale across the floor, turned it left and right, got on it, off it, on it again and it still read 186.4 . I usually do it three times normally just to make sure and take the number that shows up most. Well it stayed the same every time. I'm just over the moon.

NSV- A few weeks ago I told you all I bought new bras and a pair of jeans at AVENUE. ( clearance $10 bucks :bigsmile: ) I wore them Sunday on my mall walk excursion and had to keep pulling them up. I didn't want the 14's, they were way too tight` rolls on the back of your thighs etc... so I got the 16's so I could wear them this winter. Well I took them back and the smaller pair was still on the clearance rack, so I exchanged them and they fit great. YEA!! Needless to say it's a happy Tuesday.

Congratulations to everyone with losses. I have them all written down...the list was quite long. This group is fantastic. Mrs. Brown, sounds like you're on a plateau to me. Shake things up a bit. I can't peek at your diary, but maybe upping your calories like we had brobin do will get you moving down again. She's on a superhighway now and into Onderland !! Congrats brobin!!

Squrikie ( your name makes me smile every time :laugh: I read it ) - no matter how you look at it, you're still losing each week. You're doing great.

Congratulations on the weight loss!! & the NSV!! That is wonderful news and I can only imagine how great a feeling :happy:
    And I'm glad my name makes you smile :smile: Its fun to see people's reaction to it...I get it all the time:laugh:
  • Squirkie
    Options
    Hi all

sorry not to have posted. Congratulations to all who have lost.

Have put on this week. Have had quite a lot going on as eldest DS has been playing up behaviour wise at school which is not like him as he is normally a good boy. The school thinks it may be a knock on from the baby but he is so kind, loving and good with the baby we thought everything was okay.

Oh well start another week

SW - 208 (Aug 28)
    GW - 191 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - not joined in
    Week 2 - 208 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 204.5 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203.5 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 – 203.5 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 – 203.5 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 206 (Oct 3)

Sorry about the problems your DS is having at school. Hopefully, it will pass soon. But I do know that that is enough to wreck havoc with your weight. Don't let it get you down. This week will be better for both of you :smile:
  • Squirkie
    Options
    Sorry for my absence everyone. My father in law passed away unexpectedly last Tuesday and I have been busy with other things and have had little access to the computer. I will endeavour to get caught up over the next few days. Hopefully everyone made great progress and meet their goals!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Squirkie
    Options
    Squirkie- how's the water going ? I think besides coffee , it's the only thing I drink. I can't remember the last time I had pop ( or soda to those folks on the west coast ) :laugh: Can't say I miss it either.

LHann, I slipped a few times but today seems to be better :) I don't drink coffee so Pepsi is my weakness. I drink it like people drink coffee. Sometimes/most times, I have to have it. Wouldn't be so bad if I had mostly water. Just have to keep reminding myself.

By the way, I love reading your posts! :smile:
  • Squirkie
    Options
    Monday morning check in. I lost a little more than a pound. Unlike some of you I am happy with that since it is my goal to lose a pound a week. However after this summer and last week I would be happy with more for a while too. Here are last weeks goals. Gwen I bought Bobs Mill Flax Meal and am having it in my Oatmeal today.
    1. drink more than 8 glasses of water a day - Yes.
    2. make healthy meals at home – Yes I did better..
    3. start adding weight training in – Yes, I went twice this week. Hope to go this morning again.
    4. don't miss Zumba this week! - Was not up for it last Friday but plan to go this week.
    5. get enough sleep - Yes but I need to stop pushing late nights.
    6. get a rest day from exercise once a week. Yes Saturday I had a rest day.
    7. I have a small part-time temporary job on Thursday morning so it is messing with my Wednesday running so I need to adjust.

You are so encouraging to us all - Thank you :smile: Hopefully you are able to adjust with your new schedule - it seems you always meet your goal!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    sports2mom great attitude and I loved imagining you drinking you green tea which is what I am doing now as it happens
    babygurl it does seem like you lose every 2 weeks but you lose 2 pounds so that is great progress.
    skuirkie you have it going in the right direction. And thanks for all the encouragement to us all.
    Leila wow! just wow and I love that NSV too.
    Maisie, sorry it has been a hard week. Trouble at school is indeed worrying and you need to concentrate on it. Take care of yourself too.
    Donna So sorry for your loss. I know you already had too much going on and now this on top of it all. Please take care. Let us know if there is anything we can do. I was a bit worried because although your life is busy you are so great about logging and posting. Thanks for letting us know.

Hope this turns out to be a great week for us all. What a wonderful group!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Yippee...job interview on Monday! I'm going to have to buy some new slacks!
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Wow Gwen that's spooky i was just thinking about your job offer while doing the dread (30DS) was going to check in with you to see if you had heard any news.

fingers crossed , best of luck, any excuse to get new treads.
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Good luck!
  • KeriA
    Options

Best wishes. Hope it goes really well!
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I've had such a busy few days that I'm late posting. I've also been trying to severely limit any time spent sitting in front of the computer or television. (I spend more than enough time sitting at work.) All that time takes away from the time I could be moving my body. :wink:

I did lose this week, but it was only 0.5, so since I've been rounding and I'm at 273.8, I'll be holding steady at 274 for another week.

Even though I lost, I almost feel like I didn't really do that great, so I didn't deserve to lose. I felt that the exercise part of it was probably my strong point. I walk nearly every day, usually around 5km, I have aquacise for an hour two nights a week, and I do an exercise DVD almost every day. But I know I could improve the quality of food that I'm eating.

So my goal for the week is to pack one fresh fruit and one fresh vegetable in my lunch each day of the week and to vary them also, so that I've got different combinations each day. Tomorrow it will be cucumber and raisins.

I think I finally have a handle on the water thing, so I won't list that in my goals. I would say I average 12 cups per day, as I've usually got somewhere between 10 and 14. :drinker:

Wishing you all great successes this week. Have a great week (or what's left of it) everyone! :flowerforyou:

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 282 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 281 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 278 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 277 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 274 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 274 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Take care of yourself and your family. Hugs! :heart:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!!! It looks like everyone is doing GREAT!!! I am so proud of all of you!!! Well, I finally got rid of that weight I gained. Sorry I'm late logging in my weight this week. I've been having problems with my laptop and finally had it fixed yesterday. So I was only able to log in on my phone but, nothing else. I hope you all have an amazing week!!!!

SW - 162.2
    GW - 145 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - MISSED (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 161.1 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 160.7 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - ON VACATION (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 163.4 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 159.6 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • skinee4life
    skinee4life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this challenge, and I appreciate being able to join it already in progress.

Start Weight - 171.5 lbs (October 2)
    Challenge Goal Weight - 155 lbs (December 25)
    Goal Weight - 125 lbs

:heart:
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Green tea sounds good. It definitely is the season for it here.
  • dlperry65
    Options

SW - 171
    GW - 150(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 169.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 167.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 166.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - XXX (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 168.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 165.4(Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 164.0 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx- (Dec 25)

Intermediate Post: was wondering why my ticker was not showing up, so this is a test AND I have lost another pound, down to 163, and am stoked! Have walked twice already this week and plan to walk this afternoon.
    If all goes well, should be able to meet and maybe pass my goal! Woohoo!

10466856.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this challenge, and I appreciate being able to join it already in progress.

Start Weight - 171.5 lbs (October 2)
    Challenge Goal Weight - 155 lbs (December 25)
    Goal Weight - 125 lbs

:heart:

Welcome skinee4life - each week we set either a fitness or nutrition goal and when we weigh in we also comment on our progress on our goal that week as well.
  • KeriA
    Options
    tanny lookin’ good. Doing great with water and exercise and working on food sounds great with a half pound loss. Enjoyed reading how you are doing.
    Scubasab wow you lost your vacation gain and then some. You are back on track.
    dlperry65 great interim progress!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    NSV alert ! While I was digging in my closet for something that fit a little better, I stumbled across a few pairs of pants I had put to the back of the closet ,( a few years ago mind you) , I tried them on , and THEY FIT !!! Size 14. I then decided to visit the Goodwill Store...for a few slightly used tops. ( Can't keep buying new ). I stumbled across a wool pea coat , brand new, with tags from J.C. Penney 159.99 for ,15.00 and best of all size L. No x in front of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!