Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Ok my Dearies...

Time for another weekly challenge.

Remember to weigh in and post tomorrow morning! :0) I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Starting tomorrow (Thursday) your challenge for the week is as follows:

1. Incorporate 45 minutes of strength training total for the week! (We will start this one slow in case some people aren't lifting.)
    This can include free weights, weight machines, or using yourself (i.e. pushups, squats, etc..), resistence bands..etc... You get the picture. :0) THanks for the suggestion! :0) I love it!

2. Go OVER calories for 1 day! YES>.. GO OVER.... But...lets keep it real and don't go over by more than 300 calories! The other 6 days we are trying to stay under! (those who are ALWAYS under..this may help trick your body..and it gives us others a little day to play with not being perfect! :0) )

3. Burn at least 2000 calories!

4. 60 Cups of water for the week total!

There you have it! These are your challenges for the week! We can do all of these! :0) Be strong ladies!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I WILL be under cals today, and have more water to add..but I won't put it on here until I WI tomorrow...just to be sure:happy:
    # of Cups of Water: 76/60 ~done
    # of Days UC: 5/5 ~done
    # of calories burned: 2227/3500 ~not quite...but I am ok with this number
    WEEKLY WI: TBA on Oct 6th *cheers* good luck to us all!
    Tausha-thanks girl!!! I am glad that I found this group!! It seems to be just the thing to give ME the kick in the butt that I needed too!!! Good luck on the scale tomorrow...you did great this week, no matter what! PS. great goals for the upcoming week, can't wait!

Laura-awesome job on your cals...there are only a few people that have shown the consistency and dedication and WANT to get this done...and you are one of them!!! WOOT!! keep it up!

Kory-I agree with you 100%!! I ALWAYS take one cheat day/ week at it seems to have worked wonders for my weightloss PLUS it keeps me from falling off the wagon every other day, which is a HUGE benefit!

Renee-keep your head up girl....maybe WHEN you preplan your cals...do it without your exercise included...that way in case you miss it you are still ok?! And then when you do it...you can treat yourself to a little snack instead!! You are doing great...just push forward!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Final update for the week:
    Under calorie days: 4/7 (yay...under today)
    Cups of Water: 81/60
    Calories Burnt: 2942/3500
    Running Mileage: 7/12
    Ok my Dearies...

Time for another weekly challenge.

Remember to weigh in and post tomorrow morning! :0) I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Starting tomorrow (Thursday) your challenge for the week is as follows:

1. Incorporate 45 minutes of strength training total for the week! (We will start this one slow in case some people aren't lifting.)
    This can include free weights, weight machines, or using yourself (i.e. pushups, squats, etc..), resistence bands..etc... You get the picture. :0) THanks for the suggestion! :0) I love it!

2. Go OVER calories for 1 day! YES>.. GO OVER.... But...lets keep it real and don't go over by more than 300 calories! The other 6 days we are trying to stay under! (those who are ALWAYS under..this may help trick your body..and it gives us others a little day to play with not being perfect! :0) )

3. Burn at least 2000 calories!

4. 60 Cups of water for the week total!

There you have it! These are your challenges for the week! We can do all of these! :0) Be strong ladies!

Great challenges Tausha. I believe these I can handle...especially the going over in calories....I'll just try to keep it to the one day! :wink: :laugh:

Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow since it's that TOM!! We'll see.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Final update before our new week starts..

Calories burned 6843/3500
    Water- 78/75
    Under Calories- 7/7

Additional goals-

Push-ups 100/100- MET
    Situps or Crunches 100/100- MET
    Run 10 miles this week- 10/10- MET
    Do JM's RI30-4/4- MET
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Over calories: 2/7
    Under calorie days: 5/7
    Cups of Water: 60/60

Calories Burnt: 1688/3500

I will weigh in tomorrow morning.

Go team orange! You ladies rock!

Thanks Tausha for this weeks goals!!! I am going to hit every single one this week! Especially, the "over" day!:laugh:

D
  • PoshTaush
    Options

Under calorie days: 6/7
    Cups of Water: 54/60
    Calories Burnt: 3462/3500

Well...here's my results for the week! SOO CLOSE! :0)
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    **************************************************************************************************************
    Goal
    Progress
    T----/----F----/----S----/----S----/----M----/----T----/----W----
    # of Cups of Water:
    41/60
    6----/----7----/----4----/----2----/
    5----/----9----/
    # of Calories burned:----4539/3500
    946---/-1040--/----0----/---564--/---590--/---824--/---575---
    # of days under calories:---5/7--(net)--(.-571.)/(.-324.)/(.+278.)/(.-209.)/(.+452.)/(.-605.)/(.-139.)--
    **************************************************************************************************************

Okay...I am sad because I burnt 100 less calories than I should have w/ Zumba video tonight so I can't have my snack :( (Want to stay 100+ calories deficit...waaaa)

Overall, pretty good week. Drank more water than I have in the last 6 months combined, so it's a start. I wish I was a camel too...even my 'humps' are dehydrated, lol :blushing:
  • NEcamper47
    NEcamper47 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Total shortfall week. Bailed on exercise 2 days cause I didn't feel good. We went camping over the weekend which I totally enjoyed lounging around. Totally lacking in enough exercise. This weigh in won't be a loss. Here is my summary:
    Exercise 2236/3500
    Water 29/60
    Under only 4/7 days. Most disappointing. I had been under almost every day prior to this week. Back on track tomorrow.
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    9/29--18 cups H2O, 603 calories burned, under intake calories
    9/30--17 cups H2O, 510 calories burned, under intake calories
    10/1--16 cups H2O, 1100 calories burned, under intake calories
    10/2--16 cups H2O, 607 calories burned, over intake calories
    10/3--17 cups H2O, 208 calories burned, under intake calories
    10/4--18 cups H2O, 61 calories burned (only did some pilates), over intake calories
    10/5--18 cups H2O, 594 calories burned, under intake calories

Total-- 120 cups, 3683 calories burned, 5 days under intake calories

Let's hope to ALL lose this time!!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    So...October 2nd marked my 1 year anniversary on MFP, and I thought that I would share my progress from just THIS part of my weightloss journey...THANK YOU TO MFP AND TO ALL OF MY MFP PALS, and goodbye to 56 more pounds! WOOT!

BEFORE 10/2/10...............................................................................AFTER 10/5/11
    after1-1-1.jpg
    181lbs.................................................................................................125lbs
  • tjradd73
    Options
    nice job to all of you who have posted your final results for the week!! Def seeing a lot more motivation this week!! WOOT

GO TEAM YELLOW!!!

and Suzanne-you totally KILLED all of your goals this week...super proud to have you on my team!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Tausha~Thanks for the new challenges! Nice job this week! Don’t forget, my weigh-in day is Friday

Tara~WOW, YOU LOOK GREAT! I can really see the difference. I cant believe its been a year. YOU ROCK! You did a great job on the challenge this week! Thanks for the advice! I’ll keep working on my planned meals.

Suzanne~YOU ARE AMAZING! You exceeded all your goals!

Laura~AWESOME!!! 120 cups of H20?! You really love your water :drinker:

Good Job Everyone!!!

Challenge Results:

Calories Burned: 4242/3500
    Cups of Water: 92/60
    Days Under Cal: 4/5
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Wish I could see your pics Tara but they are a big red X at work. I'll have to look at home this weekend! You look amazing now, I can tell you that!!

Well guys I'm a big failure this week! TOM showed up and now my weight is back up. I'm not going to record a gain so let's keep it the same as last week. :( I am going to the podiatrist this morning for my plantar fasciitis. My main goal is to get a recommendation for the right kind of shoes for my feet in this condition so I can continue to work out. I love my Brooks but they are worn out. I may also see about custom orthotics. My deductible is met and my insurance covers them at 90%!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound this week to be at 186.0~ I still cannot believe that i have lost 50 pounds since January !
    I was under calories all of this week !
    did not meet my water this week
    or my exercise calories burned but thats ok with me ! Love the challenges for next week ! Thanks so much Tausha !
    Go Purple Team !
  • sas16
    Options
    Tara...you look amazing! Good for you!!!

Today I weighed in at 135.2...a loss of 0.6 lb. It's not a huge loss, but at least the numbers on the scale are going in the right direction this time. :smile:

Also got 15 mins of strength training in today.
  • sas16
    Options
    Setting up my goals for the week:

Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tues:
    Wed:

Total mins of strength training:
    Total cups of water:
    Number of days under cals:
    Number of days over cals:
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Tausha~Thanks for the new challenges! Nice job this week! Don’t forget, my weigh-in day is Friday

Tara~WOW, YOU LOOK GREAT! I can really see the difference. I cant believe its been a year. YOU ROCK! You did a great job on the challenge this week! Thanks for the advice! I’ll keep working on my planned meals.

Suzanne~YOU ARE AMAZING! You exceeded all your goals!

Laura~AWESOME!!! 120 cups of H20?! You really love your water :drinker:

Good Job Everyone!!!

Challenge Results:

Calories Burned: 4242/3500
    Cups of Water: 92/60
    Days Under Cal: 4/5

Renee-
    It is amazing to see how many people are drinking more water than when they started! I again strive for a gallon a day. A gallon is 15.5 8 ounce cups, so if I get 16, I am doing well for the day. I admit it is hard, especially on the weekends. You did so well too. 92 glasses isn't exactly dehydrating yourself =) Keep up the awesome work and let's see some losing!

Laura
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Anita, I LOVE how you set up your goals for the week! I hope you don't mind if I STEAL your version! he he.. If you do I will change it! ;0)

Girls, as for me, My weigh in was a bust this week. Weighed the same. I'm happy I didn't gain, an with the successes I've had the past few weeks, I'm due an even week. Either way, I'm going to hit it harder these next couple days. I leave for Vacation on Sunday, so if I"m not around as much after that, you know why. I will have internet at the hotel, but don't know how much I will be on it. Come on.. I'll be at the BEACH! lol.. But, I do still plan on checking in on you and trying to reach my goals even when "life" is happening! :0) I think the hardest part for me this next week will be staying under calories. I know that my husband wants to try some new restaurants...and face it...when you are on the road it is harder... BUT...I'm excited to give it a shot with the new guidelines of my South Beach eating plan. Wish me luck... prayers for our travel are appreciated.

Setting up my goals for the week:

Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tues:
    Wed:

Total mins of strength training:
    Total cups of water:
    Number of days under cals:
    Number of days over cals:
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Girls, as for me, My weigh in was a bust this week. Weighed the same. I'm happy I didn't gain, an with the successes I've had the past few weeks, I'm due an even week. Either way, I'm going to hit it harder these next couple days. I leave for Vacation on Sunday, so if I"m not around as much after that, you know why. I will have internet at the hotel, but don't know how much I will be on it. Come on.. I'll be at the BEACH! lol.. But, I do still plan on checking in on you and trying to reach my goals even when "life" is happening! :0) I think the hardest part for me this next week will be staying under calories. I know that my husband wants to try some new restaurants...and face it...when you are on the road it is harder... BUT...I'm excited to give it a shot with the new guidelines of my South Beach eating plan. Wish me luck... prayers for our travel are appreciated.

At least you didn't gain! Have fun on vacation. Sending prayers up for you!!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    # of Cups of Water: 48/60
    # of Calories burned: 1674/3500
    # of days under calories: 4/7

I completely failed the challenges this week, but I still managed to lose 1.3 pounds. My weight today is 270.3. I haven't had any fast food this week, and the last 4 days in a row I was under my calories, so that helped me make up for the first 3.