countdown to christmas challenge continued...

Options

Replies

• Charlene_91
    Options
    Good luck everyone with your weigh in....

My no Carb day today, planning on doing an extra 20mins Zumba later and drinking a few extra glasses of water too :)

x
  • lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the weigh in everybody.

Lots of water for me today to stop me nibbling at the foods I shouldn't.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to hear what this weeks challenge is going to be! yeah I lost weight! I am really motivated now!
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey guys hope your all doing great on this Friday...so I have been racking my brain for a challenge this week and I'd like to keep the main challenges aimed at the food end of our journey as we set mini exercise ones daily... This week I want you to write a note on this page about the day you reach your goal weight and how you picture its going to be... This is just a motivational part so to plant that seed in your mind again and get us revved up!!!! I also want you to cut out 1 item of food that you feel is assisting you in gaining weight(mine is potatoes) and don't have it for a full week... I'd like you to cut out salt as much as possible and keep the carbs to 150g max... If you want have 1 carb free day which most of you seem to do anyway.. Guys let us know what it is your giving up for the week!!!! Don't ever give up and don't pick something you don't eat much of that defeats the purpose lol...

I'm so happy to have friends like all of you to help me on my journey your all so inspirational... Keep up the great work and it will pay off in the end... 11weeks and counting !!!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey guys hope your all doing great on this Friday...so I have been racking my brain for a challenge this week and I'd like to keep the main challenges aimed at the food end of our journey as we set mini exercise ones daily... This week I want you to write a note on this page about the day you reach your goal weight and how you picture its going to be... This is just a motivational part so to plant that seed in your mind again and get us revved up!!!! I also want you to cut out 1 item of food that you feel is assisting you in gaining weight(mine is potatoes) and don't have it for a full week... I'd like you to cut out salt as much as possible and keep the carbs to 150g max... If you want have 1 carb free day which most of you seem to do anyway.. Guys let us know what it is your giving up for the week!!!! Don't ever give up and don't pick something you don't eat much of that defeats the purpose lol...

I'm so happy to have friends like all of you to help me on my journey your all so inspirational... Keep up the great work and it will pay off in the end... 11weeks and counting !!!

Thats a great challenge!

I'm going to give up pasta for a week as it is one of my favourite things but it is full of carbs!

When i reach my goal wight i think im going to be so much more confident! People can see it already, especially when im dancing. They say they can tell i get really into it and love watching me dance now where as before i was so worried about how much wobbling i was doing i could enjoy it but now with less love handles i really go for it. Im hoping to lose the bingo/bat wings on my arms because thats the other part that bothers me so when i have i will be going for it even more :D i just want to be able to look in the mirror and think YES! i have done it and im not going back!!

I have been trying to lose weight for years and i am so sick of saying im still trying i want to be able to say i am maintaining! I cannot wait until that day and then i will not let myself go over a couple of pounds! im never letting myself get back to the 15 stone lump i started at!

Have a great week everyone!

xxxx
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

This is a great challenge!

Its a toss up between pasta and chips but I think I am going to go with chips because I think they are more of a challenge but its a close one. I love love love nachos and chips and salsa... oh and I have a coupon for chilis right now for a free queso dip and I know if I go I will be very bad so I am opting out of the chips this week. Some part of me wants to say pasta cause I really want the chips! HUH this is killing me (thats so sad!)

I think when I do lose this weight I can see myself trying on some new clothes in a smaller size and loving them... I can see myself twirling around in some trendy outfit that is super cute and that I don't have to worry about my jelly roll or muffin top haning over my pants. I could wear some cute little dress that shows off my figure at the christmas parties and shock my family this christmas at how good I look! I haven't seen most of my family in about 9 years and I am going up to see them this christmas so this is perfect and I have to do it! What cute clothes I can buy Huh I can't wait!
  • rmdiaz1
    rmdiaz1 Posts: 56
    Options

The day I reach my goal weight the clouds will probably part and angels wil sing. I was so small for most of my life, but since I quit smoking 11 years ago and food started tasting so good I have gained waaay to much weight. My goal weight is the weight I was happiest at and felt good about myself. My husband is the best support I could ask for along with pinkakira1. Then came you guys on here and now I am positive I can get this done. so, when I reach my goal weight I will be going shopping for a new wardrobe!! Pasta <-- (Italian Freak here) and potatoes are my big weakness so I will be cutting them both out next week. As a matter of fact I will only be doing 500 calories a day of protein only for the whole week. I have ok'd this with my Dr. and she is curious to see the outcome.

You are all awesome, inspirational people and we will all get this done together!!

"Stop telling God how big your storm is and start telling the storm how big your God is" :flowerforyou:
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... the day I hit my goal weight.... NO muffin top, NO love handles, NO jiggling....NO back fat around my bra line LOL....I can't wait until that day. I'll be able to pull my old favorite jeans out of my dresser... I'll be able to TUCK IN MY SHIRTS again! More energy, more self confidence, and better health to boot!

My "special" food? Gosh, there's so many, and I've already cut back a lot... but I'll have to say cheese... ANY kind lol Especially the last couple of weeks I've been craving mac n cheese like crazy... haven't given in yet, but have been eating weight watchers shredded four cheese blend. This challenge will help keep me away from my number one comfort food!

Good luck this week, everyone!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :bigsmile:
  • andreaie
    Options
    Glad to see your all going for it this week and I'm also glad to see your not picking an easy option... Today the mini challenge is 60 push ups and 60 crunches... Gonna work on arms and abs today... Really hope to get rid of the 3lb I put on this week :( have a great week everyone xxxx
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    60 Push ups are you crazy?!?! :laugh: :laugh: I am just kidding, push ups are the thing I struggle with the most but I will do my very best to get in....60 :noway:

Have a great Saturday everyone.
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    The day i reach my goal i know i will feel confident going shopping and feel confident in my self, but most of all im hoping i will be close to my goal by May 2012 for when i go to Florida. I'd love to be able to wear a sexy bikini and get a tan on my stomach, can't remember the last time i actually had a tan on my tummy.

This week i'm giving up chips/fries :(

I'm really going to give it my all this week. I'd love to lose 3lbs this week (i know thats a big goal but....) to reach my first 20lb loss!!!!

Good luck everyone x x
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal, I will probably collapse with happiness :) I'll show all the people who doubted me and told me I'd "look nice if I just lost a little weight", and I'll be able to be confident in myself. I'm hoping by that by the time Xmas comes, I'll be in the 130s, and the everyone's jaws will drops :laugh:
    I have to get back in the game because I was sick over the weekend - giving up my beloved Honey Bunches of Oats, and gonna try to burn >1000 cals a day
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - the day I hit my goal weight...I am not really sure what that goal weight is...I could live with staying under 150 but the problem is, I feel like I need to go 5 -10 pounds BELOW that, because I have a tendency to let the pounds creep back. I don't overeat THAT much, and I don't wat a lot of "bad" food, but I do have a tendency to over-indulge on special occasions, AND to turn any occasion into a special occasion - LOL. :drinker: So I don't think I have an inspiration to add about my goal weight, as if it were a magic number. I just want to MAINTAIN my weight (after I lose 5-10 more pounds, of course :laugh: ) without having to TRY SO HARD ALL THE TIME. :grumble: :explode:

As far as giving up something this week, I'll pick ice cream. As those of you who look at my food diary know, that is an every day indulgence for me. Since I only have from today until Thursday to go, I should be able to mange it. :bigsmile:
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - the day I hit my goal weight...I am not really sure what that goal weight is...I could live with staying under 150 but the problem is, I feel like I need to go 5 -10 pounds BELOW that, because I have a tendency to let the pounds creep back. I don't overeat THAT much, and I don't eat a lot of "bad" food, but I do have a tendency to over-indulge on special occasions, AND to turn any occasion into a special occasion - LOL. :drinker: So I don't think I have an inspiration to add about my goal weight, as if it were a magic number. I just want to MAINTAIN my weight (after I lose 5-10 more pounds, of course :laugh: ) without having to TRY SO HARD ALL THE TIME. :grumble: :explode:

As far as giving up something this week, I'll pick ice cream. As those of you who look at my food diary know, that is an every day indulgence for me. Since I only have from today until Thursday to go, I should be able to mange it. :bigsmile:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Anyone know what the mini challenge is today?

xx
  • andreaie
    Options
    sorry guys ha the mini challenge today is 100 step ups and 40 tricep dips... if ya cant manage the step ups make sure to subsitute them with something else... have fun xxxxxxx
  • Pidders89
    Options
    sorry guys ha the mini challenge today is 100 step ups and 40 tricep dips... if ya cant manage the step ups make sure to subsitute them with something else... have fun xxxxxxx

great thanks andreaie :D
  • rmdiaz1
    rmdiaz1 Posts: 56
    Options

I don't think I have ever done a Tricep Dip. I will be trying that at lunch today. lol I have Zumba tonight and I am looking forward to that. Will have to do the step ups when I get home.
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope your all having a lovely Monday :)

Putting the weekend behind us :-D (Sure know i am, lol) Make sure to drink all your water.... x
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Hope everyone is doing well.

I finished the mini challenge, but can someone tell me how to log in the tricep dips? I don't see them in the database.
    Thanks!!:smile: