30 Day Shred Challenge (September 15-October 15)

Options

Replies

• jaimieht
    jaimieht Posts: 106
    Options
    Level 3 Day 1 in the books...

felt good but omg hard. But hard in a strong way, not a cardio way, so I think I must have improved. lol
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    L2 D8 done -- I sure didn't think I was going to last this out the first few days of Level 1, but it is seeming to be more doable. I'm kinda curious about what Level 3 will be like?
  • myskinnyjourney
    myskinnyjourney Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    omg just did the dreaded level3 day 1 and i loveddd ittt.....i agree wid u jamieht..i felt stronger i could do watever jillian was askin me to dooo...and man i felt great....
  • cutie2superhottie
    cutie2superhottie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love the 30 Day Shred , Im on day 8L1. Jillian Is my hero she can bring it !!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Anybody starting the 30 day Shred want to create another "accountability" group?!! Id love the extra motivation!! :)
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    wondering how all ladies are doing on this challenge? Please share, I plan to go buy the video I hope it's not to much for someone nearing 54 :wink:
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just order the video wont get it till Friday or Saturday. you can add me as your friend if you like.
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Level 3 Day 2 in the books... I am regaining my love for the shred.

I think level 2 is just a dud. lol. I loved level 1 and I love level 3. Level 2.... blech. :)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    ok I admit level 2 is totally kicking my but and so I have been having a hard time getting the motivation to do it. Am actually afraid. I can get thru it but afterwards I am totaly wiped. It HAS been my tom this week. but that is no excuse I am going to get off the puter and do level 2 D4 right now. Maybe doing it earlier in the day will make it easier and I wont pass out on the floor afterwards :) Hoping the last 5 days off wont have pushed me back to level 1 again.
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Level 2 stinks! Just push through you can do it!

Level 3 Day 3 in the books... 7 more shredding days... and um, no six pack lmao
  • kristinkt
    Options
    L3 D1 done -- Wasn't sure I was going to make it thru, but with Anita's help I worked it through. Breathless & working muscles that hadn't been working lately. Looking forward to seeing what 10 days of this will show.
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    Hello to all of my fellow Shredders! Sorry that I haven't been around. :ohwell:

A week ago my grandmother slipped in her garden after planting her beloved tomatoes. She fractured her hip and ended up having emergency hip surgery. She is 79 years old and battled pancreatic cancer 5 years ago. It is practically a miracle that she is still here today to tell you about it. Needless to say, having her in a hospital setting has been scary. She has pulled through like a champ and we were able to get her discharged from the hospital on Wednesday evening. She was transported to a very nice health center for rehabilitation nursing and is doing great, considering.

Needless to say, I haven't missed a beat with school and have spent every waking hour not at school in her hospital room. I have been eating out almost everyday with various family members and have not been able to do any sort of workout. I did 30DS up to L2D5. I was supposed to do L2D6 on the day she had her accident. At this point, I have missed a week and feel like maybe I should just start over when things settle down a bit.

I wish amazing success for those of you still pushing through! I know it hasn't been easy! I look forward to reading your results. I am hoping to be back in the full swing of things in about a week. Thank you for all of the support that you have given me along the way. Until this incident, you guys helped keep me accountable and provided the added push I needed to stay committed to 30DS. I will be joining in the 30DS fun next week, hopefully! :flowerforyou:
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I too fell off the wagon and I am ready to get back on.

I got hit with a nasty stomach bug and I am finally feeling back to my old self. I've noticed that I have already lost so me of the muscle that I had gained before.

cherry, I'd be happy to try again with you. If there is one thing I have learned from MFP is that I shouldn't be worried about when I fail, the point is just to get up and try again. :laugh:
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    I too fell off the wagon and I am ready to get back on.

I got hit with a nasty stomach bug and I am finally feeling back to my old self. I've noticed that I have already lost so me of the muscle that I had gained before.

cherry, I'd be happy to try again with you. If there is one thing I have learned from MFP is that I shouldn't be worried about when I fail, the point is just to get up and try again. :laugh:

I am definitely getting back to it! I might be able to start this week, but more than likely it will be a week from now. I will be on the hunt for another group to join and it would be awesome if we did it together! :smile:
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    My neck is feeling much better and wouldn't mind starting again. It will be nice to have some direction again1!!
  • kristinkt
    Options
    L3 D5 -- I can almost see the end. L3 is where I seem to be noticing more results. My shoulder muscles & abs are a bit sore the next day. Just enough so that I feel it working. I am trying to work my way to the advance moves, and I have been able to do a few of the plank arm switch thingies. (forgot the name) I am surprised at the workout the scissor kicks give my legs. I was trying to drop my legs lower, but then decided to do them higher without bending my knees. I will eventually get there - bit by bit.
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think this is officially done. Does anyone want to do another 30 DS starting soon? I'm down.
  • jaimieht
    Options
    I should be on my last day but I was really not well last week. When you are wondering if you might throw up doing planks... um... anyway.

I am starting level 3 over again today. I don't feel like I want to go all the way back to day 1, lol.
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, I feel bad because I started this 30 Day Shred Challeng and after getting sick never made it back. I totally fell off the wagon but glad to see some of you guys stuck it out. I need to start all over again and from what I can see some of you want to do the same. I plan on starting my challenge back up on Monday, October 24 so who is with me? With my busy schedule this week is shot so there is no need to start when I know I won't be able to complete the week. I want to start off fresh and really get through the entire 30 days this time.

I will post my starting weight and measurement on the 24th.
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    PammyKY,
    I'm up for another try. Hopefully there I'll be no sick days this time!