Black Team Challenge-- lucky 13!

Options
Marla64
Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
Okay, people here we go-- this is the week our-- uh, Marla's are going to break-- curse you, Andrew. :grumble: :grumble:

Lucky week 13-- we've seen each other through thick and thin. We've hit the floor for ab work. We ignored our scale. We made sure we drank our water. We deprived ourselves of our one thing, and then we were super nice to ourselves-- and yet here we are, most of us, plateauing-- some worse than others--

So, here's our challenge-- we're going back to basics. A lot of us have been here awhile. I've been doing this since June, member since July. I think we're comfortable with our eating, comfortable with our measurements, et cetera-- but are we as faithfully anal about every morsel we're eating like we were in the beginning? I know I'm not.

Scripture commands that we take captive every thought-- let no thought go through our head that we're not examining and inspecting and acknowledging. My success early on was doing the same thing with my food-- taking captive every morsel. I've been slacking-- so here we go--

Nothing goes into your mouths this week that you can't log. If you can't measure the calorie count, you don't eat it. No more bites of your kids' food. No more licking the spoon. No random, lone M&Ms or whatever else you're popping into your mouth. For you office workers-- no 1/4 bagels or 1/2 of a donut-- nothing by mouth unless you can measure, weigh or otherwise track and count it-- back to basics people-- !

This is the week we're breaking those plateaus-- or die trying!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Marla64
    Options
    Okay, people here we go-- this is the week our-- uh, Marla's are going to break-- curse you, Andrew. :grumble: :grumble:

Lucky week 13-- we've seen each other through thick and thin. We've hit the floor for ab work. We ignored our scale. We made sure we drank our water. We deprived ourselves of our one thing, and then we were super nice to ourselves-- and yet here we are, most of us, plateauing-- some worse than others--

So, here's our challenge-- we're going back to basics. A lot of us have been here awhile. I've been doing this since June, member since July. I think we're comfortable with our eating, comfortable with our measurements, et cetera-- but are we as faithfully anal about every morsel we're eating like we were in the beginning? I know I'm not.

Scripture commands that we take captive every thought-- let no thought go through our head that we're not examining and inspecting and acknowledging. My success early on was doing the same thing with my food-- taking captive every morsel. I've been slacking-- so here we go--

Nothing goes into your mouths this week that you can't log. If you can't measure the calorie count, you don't eat it. No more bites of your kids' food. No more licking the spoon. No random, lone M&Ms or whatever else you're popping into your mouth. For you office workers-- no 1/4 bagels or 1/2 of a donut-- nothing by mouth unless you can measure, weigh or otherwise track and count it-- back to basics people-- !

This is the week we're breaking those plateaus-- or die trying!!!!!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Yes, your majesty. *sigh*
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This is what I need right now because with stress, depression, etc. I've been really not watching my food intake very closely. :frown:

Time to smarten up.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    this is good for me too because I pledged on pound for pound challenge 17 pounds so I need to lose at least 9 more pounds by the end of the show.

I have been grazing on M's food. I know that this can be bad.

Just so you all know there is a record for 1 M&M!:bigsmile: I know cause I never eat the serving size.:blushing:
  • Marla64
    Options
    I know-- there's a record for one Reese's piece too--

but I joined another no sweets challenge-- next 30 days!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I know-- there's a record for one Reese's piece too--

but I joined another no sweets challenge-- next 30 days!

Why did you have to tell me that. I gave up PB for lent!!! when is easter again? I NEED PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! It has helped me get out of the 180's! not eating it that is.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    ok, i think i've got the calories figured out for the mashed potatoes i'm making...i hope:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh my dear Marla, thank you. I feel like one of my children when they thanked me for not allowing them to go to that 'birthday' party that was really a "my mom is out of town" party!!

Relieved!

I have been thinking that I am not eating correctly lately. I have been close in my calories but not eating good foods. I actually had WHITE bread the other day :noway:

I mean really, just eat poisen why dont cha??

So not only am I going to log every morsel, I am going back to my earlier logs to see what foods I was eating, and it was NOT white bread, I can tell ya that!

Thanks for the challenge.............back to basics!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Beth, I LOVE mashed potatoes.:smile:

Sam, Easter is April 12

Nicky,You can do it, if you help I'll help pull ya out of that rut.

Marla, I think you nailed this one. I know I am guilty as charged.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Marla this is an excellent challenge. I think we all could use a refocus on this. I know I tend to graze off the kids plates.

Here's to the end of many P-words.:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla this is an excellent challenge. I think we all could use a refocus on this. I know I tend to graze off the kids plates.

Well, yeah-- when I was thinking of this for myself I remembered what you wrote about the teddy grahams with peanut butter-- or whatever it was-- these random things we pop into our mouth add up. I didn't do any of it in the beginning-- holidays killed me and I don't think I ever got back on track.

Good luck all-- !!!!!!!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in ... except for this Saturday night ... my longsuffering husband had planned a birthday party for me back the Saturday after my BD ... but I had a gig that night and had not mentioned it to him! (of course it WAS on the calendar, but ... oh well) anyway ... it's my party this Saturday night. I'll make sure I have lots of exercise calories to burn, but I'm not too sure about knowing what is in the pot luck food people bring!!

Oh, and I am eating a piece of strawberry cake. :laugh:

:heart: Tresa
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    This is a good one...I'm definitely guilty of picking at 'just a little' of all kinds of things that add up. Yay for focus!

Guess I better not forget about those 2 Hershey's kisses!
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Good One :drinker: I have tried to do this but now I really have to think about it great challenge:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm so up for this one, I really appreiate Marla! I still am having a difficult time with this....and deciding if I get enough to eat or not. 12 hour days between work and commute and this is a busy store no time to sit or snack! Unless I want to snack like the ppl I work with. God bless them they are turning out to be the sweetest people I've ever worked with. Literally!! Bowls of M&M's on the break table, donuts and/or cupcake treats, homebaked goodies... they even had written on the board a cupcake a day keeps the devil away. I love them but they make it hard!!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I don't graze Harley's food because baby cereal, baby carrots, and formula don't sound yummy no matter how hungry I am! :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Well, yeah-- when I was thinking of this for myself I remembered what you wrote about the teddy grahams with peanut butter-- or whatever it was-- these random things we pop into our mouth add up. I didn't do any of it in the beginning-- holidays killed me and I don't think I ever got back on track.

Good luck all-- !!!!!!!

Yesterday I popped a couple grapes in my mouth while I was cooking supper. I decided I better measure so I measured a couple cups of grapes into a bowl and kept snacking from there so I'd know how much I ended up eating.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam, Easter is April 12

I know I was and am craving PB.

We do a huge easter egg hunt on Easter at work. I mean we buy about 1200 easter eggs and we have 3 different age groups.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Okay-- day one successfully completed. I'm good the rest of the day-- got through lunch and dinner with no illegal picking or licking-- :wink:

My body is cursing the chili I made for dinner last night. It rails against the sodium from the canned tomatoes and the seasoning packet each time. And I blow up like the Michelin Man every time. I love the stuff, but I may have to can it-- ha. There are many meals I serve the family that I have to avoid-- hell, most of 'em these days since we can't afford "real" food. I usually opt for a yogurt or bowl of cereal to avoid the sodium since we all know SpongeMarla's propensity to blow up. Heck, I think I'm more like Mrs. Puff ! eee5eb93-2.jpg

Still-- one week of getting back on track, some exercise thrown in and the hormones hopefully, prayerfully chillin' out-- this plateau will be on the mend-- (I hope, I hope, I hope!)
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I sooooo need this challenge. My downfall are those individually wrapped Lifesavers. I mean, I figure you work off almost as many calories opening as you gain eating. But then I don't pay attention and end up wolfing down 10 of them...

Thanks for this Marla.. I am grateful for the chance to re-group.

and yes, I did log the stick of peel and eat cherry licorice and the handful of jelly beans - curse those all day meetings and the thoughtful leaders that bring candy to help you get through them.

janie