Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Oooer, still not ready to measure-in. :blushing:
    drink lots and lots of water! that helped me!

Yes, I think that was my mistake for the first couple of days, and I'm paying for it now! :laugh:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Didn't report in last night but yesterday I did 30ds lvl 1 and KBT with a total 679, I did those back to back and not sure I will do that again. whew. The meal last night I was unimpressed and after a few bites couldn't eat any more :( My bf ate it but he will eat about anything but overall I don't think he was super impressed either. Tonight more leftovers for him and I may make a cauliflower pizza but to shake it up I might add mushrooms to it and see how that tastes.

Today so far I have done a 3 mile walk and 30ds lvl 1 for a total of 617. I need to squeeze in another round of KBT but will see how the rest of my day goes first before committing.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Didn't report in last night but yesterday I did 30ds lvl 1 and KBT with a total 679, I did those back to back and not sure I will do that again. whew. The meal last night I was unimpressed and after a few bites couldn't eat any more :( My bf ate it but he will eat about anything but overall I don't think he was super impressed either. Tonight more leftovers for him and I may make a cauliflower pizza but to shake it up I might add mushrooms to it and see how that tastes.

Today so far I have done a 3 mile walk and 30ds lvl 1 for a total of 617. I need to squeeze in another round of KBT but will see how the rest of my day goes first before committing.

Great burns there!

What is a cauliflower pizza?? I've never heard of one and now I'm intrigued lol!
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    I found the recipe here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130577-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics
    and I fell in love with it cause its a way to have pizza but get a veggie in :) The cauliflower is used to make the pizza crust and it really does taste close to pizza crust, not like your eating a mouthful of cauliflower. Then you can top it however you want.
  • paladeac
    paladeac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    nm
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I found the recipe here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130577-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics
    and I fell in love with it cause its a way to have pizza but get a veggie in :) The cauliflower is used to make the pizza crust and it really does taste close to pizza crust, not like your eating a mouthful of cauliflower. Then you can top it however you want.
    This looks interesting. I might have to try this. I love pizza, but I always have so much guilt when I eat it!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Well, I measured this morning, and the results are as follows:

Waist 28 (same)
    Belly button 31 (1 inch gain)
    Belly button + 2 inches 33.5 (0.5 gain)
    Hips 35 (gain)

I'm also very slightly up weight-wise (from 116.8 to 117).

I'm not worried because I think it is still the effects of the psyllium husks! I thought I would be back to normal in a couple of days, but Armaretta suggested it would take more than a week for the body to adjust and it seems she was right. I must say though, they are really helping to make me feel fuller generally. :bigsmile:

Sorry, haven't worked out the weekly burn, although I'm beginning to feel it is a little irrelevant anyway. Does anyone else feel the same?
  • armaretta
    Options
    Sorry, haven't worked out the weekly burn, although I'm beginning to feel it is a little irrelevant anyway. Does anyone else feel the same?
    For some reason, it seems, the less i burn, and the more I eat, the more I lose! I had a tool that most of you gals don't have too though. My deficits have been much to large in the past it seems. I average daily burn from exercise and work is always well over 2000. If I was only netting 1200 in the past, that was much too low! Explains why I was so grouchy all the time :laugh: I'm thinking the deficit is the most important factor now, regardless of how much you burn during exercise. Of course, need to keep working the muscles so they keep your resting metabolic rate revving to go! The first energy source your body reaches for when you are at rest is fat!
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    I have heard people who work their butt off 5-6 days a week if they would stop and do 3-4 days instead the weight comes off faster. I havent been willing to try it though :( Plus of course there is the whole 80% diet 20% exercise. My issue is my diet is so horrible so I try to compensate with the exercise.
    On a good note I weighed in today and lost one full pound, YES!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    [/quote]
    For some reason, it seems, the less i burn, and the more I eat, the more I lose! I had a tool that most of you gals don't have too though. My deficits have been much to large in the past it seems. I average daily burn from exercise and work is always well over 2000. If I was only netting 1200 in the past, that was much too low! Explains why I was so grouchy all the time :laugh: I'm thinking the deficit is the most important factor now, regardless of how much you burn during exercise. Of course, need to keep working the muscles so they keep your resting metabolic rate revving to go! The first energy source your body reaches for when you are at rest is fat!
    [/quote]

Seems like it was definitely the right decision to get the BM then Armaretta; that's great! It's making a real difference.
  • armaretta
    Options
    I have heard people who work their butt off 5-6 days a week if they would stop and do 3-4 days instead the weight comes off faster. I havent been willing to try it though :( Plus of course there is the whole 80% diet 20% exercise. My issue is my diet is so horrible so I try to compensate with the exercise.
    On a good note I weighed in today and lost one full pound, YES!!
    little late, but congrats on your amazing loss!
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sorry i haven't been logging in on here as regularly have been feeling a bit jaded by it all although i have continued to log food. I am back on it now with renewed vigour to try and get to my goal weight or inch loss by christmas, this belly definately has to go, i feel like everywhere else is pretty much there and then i have this pouch that on a really bad day depending on what i wear can make me look pregnant not good. Anyway going to start the shred again for the 3rd time and i'm determined to get through it this time, will be doing some walking and netball today so will log the calorie count later. I have bought a hrm and it seems i've been way underestimating the calories at netball. everyone else seems to be doing brilliantly still.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Sorry i haven't been logging in on here as regularly have been feeling a bit jaded by it all although i have continued to log food. I am back on it now with renewed vigour to try and get to my goal weight or inch loss by christmas, this belly definately has to go, i feel like everywhere else is pretty much there and then i have this pouch that on a really bad day depending on what i wear can make me look pregnant not good. Anyway going to start the shred again for the 3rd time and i'm determined to get through it this time, will be doing some walking and netball today so will log the calorie count later. I have bought a hrm and it seems i've been way underestimating the calories at netball. everyone else seems to be doing brilliantly still.

Welcome back Cookie! Well done on finding renewed determination!I feel the same - I would be happy if I could just get rid of this belly. Are you doing the full 10 days for each level or are you going to have rest days? I ask because I did it consecutively and looking back, I think I should have had rest days. I finished a while ago and went on to do Ripped and others, but I still come back to the Shred quite often. Anyway, good luck with it. I'm sure you will like using the HRM too. Wouldn't want to be without mine now.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I'm checking in a day early since I have the measurements and tomorrow may be hectic.

Check-in:
    Weight: 141.32 ( -0.9 this week / +3.5 from start)
    Calorie burn: 1357 (avg 192/day)
    Chest 35 (+1.5 / +0.25)
    Upper Belly 35.75 (-0.45 / -1.25 )
    Waist 35.0 (-0.1 / -1.25)
    Waist - sucked in: 32.0 (-0 / -0.5)
    Lower Belly 38.0 (-0.5 / -1.5)
    Hips: 36.75 (-0 / -1 )

Visual differences- My belly is less firm, more jiggly. I hope that implies water that'll be flushed out.
    Exercise- I'm trying to improve my miles run as I've my first 5k on the 16th.
    Goal - Lower my sugar intake and raise fiber. Eat my veggies!

Given what this week was like I'm happy I lost and 0.9lb is great. I still want to be under 140 by next weekend, but that may not happen. But I should at least be able to get to 140.x.

On a cool note, on Friday I discovered I now fit nicely into size 4 petite pants. They wouldn't fit if they went in at the waist, but since most pants sit at the waist now it's the hips that matter. Part of me thinks it's crazy-I'm still obviously fat, but part of me is deliriously happy. :) To go from a size 10/12 to a 4 in 5 months is a great achievement, I think.
  • armaretta
    Options
    good to see some action back in this thread! We've had some people fade away it seems! Here's a recipe I tried last night that turned out deliciously! Low cal, filling and hearty, and it is also vegetarian. It would be tough to make it vegan though. The Parmesan cheese really makes all the difference in this dish. You'll probably want to salt this dish. I use a salt substitute to reduce my sodium intake.

Autumn Harvest Soup

INGREDIENTS
    1-tablespoon olive oil
    1 1/2-cups chopped onion
    1/2-teaspoon basil
    1/2-teaspoon thyme
    4-cloves garlic, minced
    2-carrots, chopped
    2-celery stalks, chopped
    2-14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
    4-cups low-sodium vegetable broth
    1-12 ounce large sweet potato, peeled and diced
    2-small white potatoes, peeled and diced
    4-cups water
    3 1/2-cups chopped or torn kale (about 8 ounces)
    1/2-pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
    2-15 ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
    2-ounces grated or shaved Parmesan

DIRECTIONS
    1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, basil, thyme, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
    2. Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth and sweet and white potatoes and the 4 cups of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the kale, green beans and white beans and simmer another 15 minutes.
    3. Serve topped with the Parmesan.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

I feel exactly the same about the belly....everything else is looking good, but the belly remains, AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Armaretta - thanks for the recipe; sounds delicious - I'll try to have a go at the weekend.

Skinny - you've got to be kidding! I thought you'd noticed some changes recently?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Armaretta - thanks for the recipe; sounds delicious - I'll try to have a go at the weekend.

Skinny - you've got to be kidding! I thought you'd noticed some changes recently?

Yes I have and it's smaller, but it's still there...you know how you sometimes feel you'll never get there no matter how hard you try, ugh. But I will keep on trying, there is no alternative!!!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Skinny - yes, I do know what you mean. But if it's getting smaller, then things are going in the right direction, so don't despair.

A quick check-in with measurements:

Weight: 115.6 lbs (down from last week, but the same as 4 weeks ago)
    Waist 28 (same)
    Belly button 30 (roughly the same - up and down)
    BB + 2" 32.5 (down 1" from last week, and down 1.5" from the beginning)
    Hips 35 (same every week)

'Keep plodding on' is my motto at the moment.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Welcome back Cookie! Well done on finding renewed determination!I feel the same - I would be happy if I could just get rid of this belly. Are you doing the full 10 days for each level or are you going to have rest days? I ask because I did it consecutively and looking back, I think I should have had rest days. I finished a while ago and went on to do Ripped and others, but I still come back to the Shred quite often. Anyway, good luck with it. I'm sure you will like using the HRM too. Wouldn't want to be without mine now.

I think i will have to have rest days i can't seem to sustain it if i don't. I think the best way for me is to do it mon-fri and a break on the weekends if i set that as my target i'm more likely to complete it.