30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Today is day 10 on L2 I had taken like 4 days off last couple weeks lots going on here . Everyone I know keeps saying I look way skinnier though woohoo

Great job! its obviously paying off :D xxx
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Ok, Jezzi ~ So tell us how you like level 3! *feel like I should insert an evil laugh*
  • Pidders89
    Options
    haha i found level 2 worse than 3 xxx
  • gail16
    gail16 Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi guys. Can I ask you a couple of questions about the 30 day shred dvd?

1. Do you exercise every day?
    2. Do you have to be fit to start it?
    3. Did you lose any weight after doing it?

I want to lose 20 lbs by Christmas.

x
  • Pidders89
    Options

x

Hey Gail,

I dont do it every day i do it whenever i can which seems to be monday, tuesday, thursday and friday. You don't have to be fit as Jillian has 2 girls with her who are more advanced or simplified so you can follow the simplified versions and yes you lose lbs and inches :D xxxxx
  • gail16
    Options

x

Hey Gail,

I dont do it every day i do it whenever i can which seems to be monday, tuesday, thursday and friday. You don't have to be fit as Jillian has 2 girls with her who are more advanced or simplified so you can follow the simplified versions and yes you lose lbs and inches :D xxxxx

Thank you :o)

I'm going to buy this tomorrow when I go to town and I will let you know how I get on ! x
  • Pidders89
    Options
    definatley :D feel free to come here for support etc.

Take before and after pics too if you can you will definatley see a difference xxx
  • gail16
    Options

Will take some pics tonight - thanks for the advice! If I can see the weight going it will encourage me to keep going xx
  • Pidders89
    Options

Will take some pics tonight - thanks for the advice! If I can see the weight going it will encourage me to keep going xx

Yeah it really does work :) i have before and after pics and its only when i compared that i thought wow yer i have lost! xxx
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Haha I will do it tonight and let you know. I had no issues with L2 I was okay with those plank style workouts but I always have a hard time with the 3rd circuit 2nd strength on both levels so far. I only have 5lb weights and those last ones are tough. It's the only ones I follow Anita on.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Haha I will do it tonight and let you know. I had no issues with L2 I was okay with those plank style workouts but I always have a hard time with the 3rd circuit 2nd strength on both levels so far. I only have 5lb weights and those last ones are tough. It's the only ones I follow Anita on.

Good for you sounds like your doing really well :D xx
  • statia152
    Options

x

Greetings Gail ~ I went from being a couch potato to doing 30DS. And I followed Anita the whole time doing modified versions (out of shape and back issues). It hurt like crazy for the first 4 - 5 days, but I kept at it. I only missed two day because I had to cater a wedding. I didn't lose much weight, but I lost about 4 inches from my "love handles", in fact, they were gone!! But I did do a few minutes on a stat bike until I started doing double session of 30DS halfway through level 2. And I would rather lose inches than pounds any day!!!!! I felt stronger and my back improved. I highly recommend getting a protein powder for after the workout. It helps with the soreness and increases the muscles (which burn more cals at rest). From what I've read about others and 30DS, the more out of shape you are, the more dramatic the results you get. If you can, take measurements, too. Log in here daily for motivation and support, we will cheer you on. :smile: Happy Shredding!
  • statia152
    Options

Jezzi ~ Be careful with those 5 lb weights on Level 3! I got "tennis" elbow from doing the cario with weights (3 lbs), Try using some soup cans or water bottles. I had to stop doing 30DS, and I can still only do level 1 (its been almost 3 weeks).
  • Pidders89
    Options
    aww bless you statia! im still doing the changing round so L1, L2 the L3 but i can only do it 4 days a week because weekends and wednesdays are hectic so never have time but i try and do some walking or something on the other days

xxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Monkey ~ It sucks! But at least I can squeeze the tube of toothpaste now! :smile: I want so badly to get back to my routine, but I know I have to wait until it is completely better. Speaking of my elbow, time to ice then do my therapeutic exercise (not many cals burned flexing your wrist).

I know you've hit a plateau. You need to switch it up a bit. I think your body has gotten used to your routine. Did you play any sports in school? Can you get a guest pass to a gym with a friend? Do you have any other dvds (Zumba, Tae Bo ...)?
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Monkey ~ It sucks! But at least I can squeeze the tube of toothpaste now! :smile: I want so badly to get back to my routine, but I know I have to wait until it is completely better. Speaking of my elbow, time to ice then do my therapeutic exercise (not many cals burned flexing your wrist).

I know you've hit a plateau. You need to switch it up a bit. I think your body has gotten used to your routine. Did you play any sports in school? Can you get a guest pass to a gym with a friend? Do you have any other dvds (Zumba, Tae Bo ...)?

I thought switching it up doing the days differently may do the job but i dont think it is, I didnt play any sports at school only when i had to and im hoping to get zumba for the x box for my birthday next week and hopefully and J.M dvd but other than that i dont really have anything apart from walking xxx
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well I survived but it was rough. But this morning I had a 1.6 lb loss. WOOHOO L3
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Well I survived but it was rough. But this morning I had a 1.6 lb loss. WOOHOO L3

awesome well done :) xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Great job Jezzi! Keep going. :smile:
  • gail16
    Options
    Just completed level 1 for the first time! Wasn't too bad, but I can feel my muscles burning already. I cannot do a push up though :o( not even a modified one! Nevermind I will keep trying ...

Going to do some yoga now for extra stretches :o)

How do I log 30ds under exercise?