C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    W2D1 today. I bumped up my speed and was still able to hang in there. Felt good!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day. Hope it's okay to jump on in. I'm really excited to start running! Do we post daily, or when should we update our progress?

I'm guessing post how you want. Most people are posting updates on their runs and then commenting/encouraging others as they post their updates from that day's run.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    YAY! I found it! I did well yesterday. Not perfect, but I'm glad I did it!

Great job! Does it really matter if you did everything exactly the way it tells you? No way! What is MOST important is that you did it! You took the first step to BEGIN it and then to top it off you FINISHED!

WTG!
  • GoneBananas
    Options
    I was having trouble finding a route that wouldn't make me double back to finish out the half hour or walk a long ways home once I finished. So I found this website that helps you map out a route according to distance (I'm starting at 2.5 miles, but hopefully I can make some progress in the coming weeks!). You can save it, share it, change it... whatever you want. It looks like there's an app too, but I haven't gotten that far. Thought you guys might find it useful as well: http://www.runningmap.com/
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D2 last night and felt great. Did this after my 30 day shred. Hoping to see some great results!! This is my 2nd round of 30 day shred, but the first time doing C25K, I think coupling them together is going to be great!
    Oh I'm doing that too except Ido C25k one day and 30 DS the next. Just not strong enough to do both in the same day yet :P
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    W1D2...okay so why does this kick my but so much..I can easily (not easily) run 30 secs at a 6 on threadmill and off for 30 but the MIN kills me!!

I did it then did another 40 min work out and walked home after that burned 800 calories and was planning on going to zumba tonight thats like 1400 calories today at least hmmmmm
  • sherrirb
    Options
    W1D2...okay so why does this kick my but so much..I can easily (not easily) run 30 secs at a 6 on threadmill and off for 30 but the MIN kills me!!

I did it then did another 40 min work out and walked home after that burned 800 calories and was planning on going to zumba tonight thats like 1400 calories today at least hmmmmm

If you want to go longer then you'll have to slow down. I read through the C25K forums on Coolrunning.com and many of the seasoned runners (people who actually started with C25K and are now seasoned runners) kept saying SLOW DOWN! If it hurts, slow down. If you cant run the whole time and need to walk, then slow down. The speed will come later once you build stamina.

One guy was talking about running a 5K race and at one point he had to slow his pace on an small incline and got passed by two gray-haired ladies speed walking! LOL
    Just keep one thing in mind, it doesn't matter how fast or how slow you are going, what is important is that you KEEP MOVING! :)
  • jennysmission
    Options

If you want to go longer then you'll have to slow down. I read through the C25K forums on Coolrunning.com and many of the seasoned runners (people who actually started with C25K and are now seasoned runners) kept saying SLOW DOWN! If it hurts, slow down. If you cant run the whole time and need to walk, then slow down. The speed will come later once you build stamina.

One guy was talking about running a 5K race and at one point he had to slow his pace on an small incline and got passed by two gray-haired ladies speed walking! LOL
    Just keep one thing in mind, it doesn't matter how fast or how slow you are going, what is important is that you KEEP MOVING! :)

Thanks I did try doing a 4.5 today to first but it didnt seem to help much LOL I'm going to keep trying thought Ill get through this I know I will!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Maybe I should try outside instead of on the treadmill ?
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Maybe I should try outside instead of on the treadmill ?

I did my first day yesterday outside because I thought it would be easier than having to keep changing speed on the treadmill.... I was just running around a sporting field and it was really easy (well not REALLY easy).... just put my head down and listened to the music and waited for the little chime and the lovely man to tell me when to walk or run.... I love not having to focus on a spot in the distance to run to or watching seconds tick down on the treadmill..... I forgot to put the gps on though so I have no idea how far i went.

I am tempted to do my day 2 today to keep up with everyone.... but they say have a rest day in between..... just had my breakfast so I'll see how I feel later - I am a bit sore today but that might be because I had a huge beach walk the day before.

Really loving this challenge so far.... but it is early days.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Did w1d2 today. Was able to increase my run speed slightly to 5.5 which gave a small increase in distance from 2.1 miles yesterday to 2.25 miles today. And according to my HRM and treadmill it was 363 calories burned. I am looking forward to down the road where the running is longer and the calorie burns better. Still a butt kicker for the time being though. LOL Hope everyone is doing great today.
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    week 2 day 1 yesterday :)

had a funny moment when I went to start the first run and realized I was playing the wrong week so had to scramble to find week 2 and carry on....not quite ready for the 20min run yet LOL
  • jennysmission
    Options
    I think friday I'm def going to try it outside!!
  • Puddle4
    Puddle4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started my day W1D1 today so I think I can still fit in with this group. I plan to take my high-energy lab every time because she's been pleading with me to take her on runs and not walks.

I also read that the key was to start slow and at a manageable pace. I finished feeling like I could have gone a good bit faster, but it was nice not feeling overwhelmed on the first day. I guess that's what the next 26 work outs are for!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!

I'm so inspired by everyone! It is so exciting to hear how everyone is doing and the feeling of accomplishment everyone gets from doing this.

Here's an idea: I know many of you are using an app, or treadmill. How about keeping a "journal" of your distance? Each day you run, jot down on a sheet of paper how far you went that day. Don't add up anything until you finish the last day of the program and see how far you've run in 9(+) weeks! (I dont know if the app will add it all up for you or not, just a thought.)

I think many of us will be amazed at that accomplishment when we are all done!
  • accidents
    accidents Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, looks like we are all doing a great job!!! i did w1d2 today, it was a little tough, but it really felt great to finish it! i have been alternating with C25K and zumba...adding weights tomorrow and pilates over the weekend. so far the program has inspired me to keep up with going to the gym...it has been hard to keep on schedule lately :)

@ sherrib - i am using the iphone app and it has a built in journal that i have been logging notes/distance in...adding it all up at the end is a fun idea!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have a job interview today but will be doing W1 D3 after that :)
  • momta2girls
    Options
    Finished W1D2 yesterday. It seemed a lot easier. During the runs I actually thought "this feels good." But by the time I had 10 sec left I was dying! LOL!! Someone said it's addicting. I can understand. you feel so good afterward. I will do day 3 tomorrow or saturday.
  • 8l4o3u5
    Options
    Can I join this?? Or is it a closed group?? I will be starting C25K today with the iPhone App... But, I can double up to catch up with y'all...

And, congrats to everyone on a great week...
  • GoneBananas
    Options
    Can I join this?? Or is it a closed group?? I will be starting C25K today with the iPhone App... But, I can double up to catch up with y'all...

And, congrats to everyone on a great week...

Definitely not a closed group! I think the amount of people starting week one with us is awesome and I love reading through everyone's progress. Be sure to let us know how your first day goes!