30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just completed level 1 for the first time! Wasn't too bad, but I can feel my muscles burning already. I cannot do a push up though :o( not even a modified one! Nevermind I will keep trying ...

Going to do some yoga now for extra stretches :o)

How do I log 30ds under exercise?

well done for completing :D i cant do push ups well either dont worry.

There is a log on the system for 30 day shred :) xxx
  • gail16
    gail16 Posts: 94
    Options
    Just completed level 1 for the first time! Wasn't too bad, but I can feel my muscles burning already. I cannot do a push up though :o( not even a modified one! Nevermind I will keep trying ...

What do I put in the search box? I can't seem to find it ...
  • Pidders89
    Options

What do I put in the search box? I can't seem to find it ...

Oh sorry i put it as circuit training xxxx
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Gail ~ Try doing some wall push ups. I know it sounds stupid, but I actually had a personal trainer who recommended these after an auto accident. As you get stronger, move a little more away from the wall. Then maybe you can graduate to a chair. It still works out the whole back/shoulders/biceps ...

Yay me! I was able to do Level 1 with 2 lb weights, except for the side lunge / shoulder raises!! Gotta remember to not push it too much and have a major setback.

Monkey ~ have you heard from Jayne, Angel, Isha .... Where did everyone go? :sad: Why does everyone leave us?!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    no :( no ones got in touch recently :( xxxxxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Hello hello.

I'm still about. Just been super busy and super tired lately.

I am hoping to move soon so I've been packing up things and boxing things. I hate moving :grumble:

I am waiting for a disable adapted house, so I could just get a phone call at ant time so I want to be ready.

Still doing my shred, although I didn't have time yesterday and I also missed a day a few days ago too as my chest is still closing up on me during cardio, but am getting back on track.

Bought some new weights too because the only ones I did have here were 1 and a half pounds so maybe thats why I'm not seeing many results.

Anyhoo, I'm sticking with it as I did lose 6lbs the first 2 weeks then it crept back on when I was ill (even though I was still watching what I was eating but maybe not eating enough) but this morning I had a sneaky peek and I've lost 5 of those pounds again. :bigsmile:

Glad your elbow is getting better Statia and awesome weight loss Monkey, Bet you're bouncing this week. :happy:

Welcome Gail, Keep trying at those push ups.. It does get easier. :bigsmile:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    thanks hun yer im sooo pleased :D

i havent been doing the shred as much as i used to because im trying new ways to exercise now as i think my body is getting used to the shred and im getting a bit bored of it lol but i completed it once so i have done it all the way through :D i am starting the couch to 5k on monday and been dancing a lot more :D

i will obviously still be on here helping you all and i will be doing the shred again :D

Hope you get to move soon hun i know what its like living out of boxes

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • gail16
    Options
    I just completed D2L1 - tried the wall push ups instead today. My back is aching so don't know if I have pulled something or whether I am just that unfit!

Monkey - what is the couch to 5k? I have just started running and want to do a 10k in March :o)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I just completed D2L1 - tried the wall push ups instead today. My back is aching so don't know if I have pulled something or whether I am just that unfit!

Monkey - what is the couch to 5k? I have just started running and want to do a 10k in March :o)

Couch to 5k is a 8 week fitness program that builds you up to running 5k but slowly :D they also do a 10k one so maybe you could to the 5k one and then the 10k one :) xxxxx
  • statia152
    Options

Does your back hurt like a constant ache (like you worked out) vs real pain when you move (twisting, reaching or breathing)? Try icing, menthol rub (bengay) and ibuprofen and see if it gets a better. If the pain is really bad, go see your doc / chiropractor. I'm hoping its just from starting a new exercise, that would be normal if you're not fit. I have alot of back issues, so yes, starting 30DS does hurt and I did have to visit the chiropractor twice, but the muscles got stronger and the pain is much less than in the beginning. I notice that I stand taller and my core is stronger (supporting my back). If your pain in bad, get it checked out. Good luck.
  • statia152
    Options
    Monkey ~ I think if you just did something different for a month or two then went back to 30DS, it would melt those inches again. But you should still sneak in you squats at work in the loo :laugh: It boosts your metabolism during the day, because you sit alot at work, yes?

Jayne ~ You said your moving to a disable home? Is that in prep for you surgery? I hope you get the call soon, cuz waiting for changes sucks! And don't leave that pointy stick behind, I may need a good poke to get moving. Glad you lost those 5 lbs, and take care of that cough. Have you seen a doc yet? Because it seems like this thing is lingering longer than it should. Keep in touch, we miss you. XOXO
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Monkey ~ I think if you just did something different for a month or two then went back to 30DS, it would melt those inches again. But you should still sneak in you squats at work in the loo :laugh: It boosts your metabolism during the day, because you sit alot at work, yes?

Jayne ~ You said your moving to a disable home? Is that in prep for you surgery? I hope you get the call soon, cuz waiting for changes sucks! And don't leave that pointy stick behind, I may need a good poke to get moving. Glad you lost those 5 lbs, and take care of that cough. Have you seen a doc yet? Because it seems like this thing is lingering longer than it should. Keep in touch, we miss you. XOXO

Oh yeah definatley :D xxxx
  • gail16
    Options

Does your back hurt like a constant ache (like you worked out) vs real pain when you move (twisting, reaching or breathing)? Try icing, menthol rub (bengay) and ibuprofen and see if it gets a better. If the pain is really bad, go see your doc / chiropractor. I'm hoping its just from starting a new exercise, that would be normal if you're not fit. I have alot of back issues, so yes, starting 30DS does hurt and I did have to visit the chiropractor twice, but the muscles got stronger and the pain is much less than in the beginning. I notice that I stand taller and my core is stronger (supporting my back). If your pain in bad, get it checked out. Good luck.

Its a constant ache and I feel it a bit more when I lift something. I'm sure its just because I am unfit :o)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    hey all how was your weekend?

xxxx
  • gail16
    Options
    Weekend was very busy! I wanted to do 30ds first thing in the morning (as thats the routine I had gotten into) but because of the world cup games I knew I wouldn't have time so I set my alarm for half an hour earlier so I could fit them in!! My other half thought this was funny as usually nothing keeps me from my bed!

You have a good weekend? xxx
  • Pidders89
    Options
    aww haha well done!

My weekend was good thanks, busy but good :D

xxxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday morning. :happy:

Well done Gail, Nothing keeps me from my bed either, especially now winter is on it's way. :laugh:

Statia, My disabled house is not because of my surgery, I have Stickler Syndrome which causes joint problems, eye and ear problems,
    I also have nerve damage to my back.
    I have Osteoarthritis and will end up having to have hips and knees replaced in the future. I have trouble getting in and out of the bath so that's why I am waiting for a disabled home. i just need a shower rather than a bath so it wont be a properly adapted, Just a shower and rails.

I thought it would be a good idea to try and lose the weight and lessen the burden my joints have to carry.
    I'm getting on great with Jillian though. I do the modified moves and only go as far as I can.

I'm now off to do my shred, level 3 day 4 i think. Lol.

Hope everyone is ok and I'll catch you later as I now have a bit more time to come on here. :bigsmile:
  • statia152
    Options
    Good Monday Morning all! I am soooo ready for the week to begin! I had a crappy weekend :grumble: It started on Thursday night when I did a bleach kit on my teeth. On the final step, it felt like I had acid in my mouth! I spend about two hours rinsing with cool water and picking dead skin from my tongue and gums. I couldn't really eat anything crunchy until last night (Special K cereal). I also had migraines for the most part of Sat and Sun, but I had to do a spaghetti fundraiser Sunday. I was exhausted when I got home.

Gail ~ LOL You crazy chick, getting up early on the weekend! Good for you, it will pay off in inches lost.:smile:

Jayne ~ I had to Google Stickler Syndrome, because I haven't ever heard of it. It sounds like an awful disease, I hope you have a mildest form. So they haven't called you yet to move in? Did they give any estimation of time? I'm think you're doing great to keep on with Jillian, and the weight loss will help the joints. You are a strong personality to keep going. :smile: Winter is the worst on the joints and back, yes? I am already dreading the cold! But, I'm hoping that I can keep my energy up to get on my skis and keep in shape. One of these days, I want to get a hot tub for the long cold winters .... LOL

Monkey ~ Glad you had a great weekend! You were going on a nature walk, yes? And your birthday is this week, too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you :happy: Oh, does everyone know that Monkey broke her plateau and lost 2 pounds!?! XOXO
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Good Monday Morning all! I am soooo ready for the week to begin! I had a crappy weekend :grumble: It started on Thursday night when I did a bleach kit on my teeth. On the final step, it felt like I had acid in my mouth! I spend about two hours rinsing with cool water and picking dead skin from my tongue and gums. I couldn't really eat anything crunchy until last night (Special K cereal). I also had migraines for the most part of Sat and Sun, but I had to do a spaghetti fundraiser Sunday. I was exhausted when I got home.

Gail ~ LOL You crazy chick, getting up early on the weekend! Good for you, it will pay off in inches lost.:smile:

Jayne ~ I had to Google Stickler Syndrome, because I haven't ever heard of it. It sounds like an awful disease, I hope you have a mildest form. So they haven't called you yet to move in? Did they give any estimation of time? I'm think you're doing great to keep on with Jillian, and the weight loss will help the joints. You are a strong personality to keep going. :smile: Winter is the worst on the joints and back, yes? I am already dreading the cold! But, I'm hoping that I can keep my energy up to get on my skis and keep in shape. One of these days, I want to get a hot tub for the long cold winters .... LOL

Monkey ~ Glad you had a great weekend! You were going on a nature walk, yes? And your birthday is this week, too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you :happy: Oh, does everyone know that Monkey broke her plateau and lost 2 pounds!?! XOXO

yeah we did go on a nature walk but not where we origionally planned hehe was still lovely though :) Yup my birthday on Friday, going shopping with my mum :D

haha thanks, yes after 3 weeks i broke my plateau and hoping it stays away now! im starting my new fitness regime tonight so hopefully that will help!!

That sounds horrible about your bleaching kit :S hope it goes back to normal soon !!!!

xxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Monkey ~ I read that you are starting to go swimming. That is a fantastic workout!!! You will be surprised by cals you burn having so much fun. And you use every muscle in your body, great for toning. :)

I am trying to plan my day: walk the dogs (40 mins), 30DS (double?), grocery shopping and maybe get my hair done. That should keep me busy until hubby gets home! I have meetings Wed and Thurs night, a wedding on Sat. (its a good thing I didn't do my bleach kit this week) and I am volunteering to do tattoos for kids at Pumpkin Land on Sun. Plus we still have about 3 hours of wood still to do. Ugh! Its a busy week, but I'll be burning cals!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! XOXO