C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• LittlePam
    Options
    I'm a little behind everyone else. Just going to start today. I'm just wondering how its going for everyone.... I see there were lots of people posting in the beginning but not so many recently. Let me know your updates!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Ok finally finished w1d3....

It was my first one OUTSIDE..i liked it better I think..my feet and shins hurt more but it was easier not to focus on how much longer to run.

I thought I was doing aweful till I got done and it said I ran 3.16 miles in 30 mins LMBO well there is no way so I redid the mileage and come up with just about 2 miles maybe a smig more but heck thats a 15 min mile right? Pretty happy about that!!

Well done Jenny.... I also just did my W1D3.... I was going to do it yesterday but caught up doing heaps around the garden.... so ran this morning ...in the rain.... now that's commitment!!

I wore my heart rate monitor for the first time ..... calories quite a bit less than I was estimating through MFP but that's ok... glad to know what I am doing (263cal) ... I ran 3.09km (about 1.92miles) .... can't say it was easy and I'm a bit worried about the increased running for W2.... but I'm hanging in there...... great to feel I'm not doing it on my own and we all have different struggles.

Welcome to the newcomers.

Lisa
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    finished with week one friday!! week two starts tomorrow!! :]

good luck everyone!!!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    How many of you lot are running in the morning versus evening? I usually run after I get home from work (evening), but am thinking of moving towards the morning, if nothing else than to have it already done at the start of the day. Thanks in advance for any responses.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Ok finally finished w1d3....

It was my first one OUTSIDE..i liked it better I think..my feet and shins hurt more but it was easier not to focus on how much longer to run.

I thought I was doing aweful till I got done and it said I ran 3.16 miles in 30 mins LMBO well there is no way so I redid the mileage and come up with just about 2 miles maybe a smig more but heck thats a 15 min mile right? Pretty happy about that!!

Jenny thats AWESOME!! Way to go!!

Thanks...your not just saying that right LOL

Absolutely not! A 15 minute mile is a fantastic start! Right now my best is 17.31 min mile. I am glad you liked runnin outside. dont let weather be a hindrance either. I ran W1D2 in a drizzle but it felt good once I started heating up.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    How many of you lot are running in the morning versus evening? I usually run after I get home from work (evening), but am thinking of moving towards the morning, if nothing else than to have it already done at the start of the day. Thanks in advance for any responses.

I am not a mornin person at all, so I run late afternoon/evening after I get home from work.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    I have been unable to do my W1D3 yet. I was supposed to run it on Saturday but as it turned out we were out of town all day and today I was too busy with church and errands. I guess I will run it tomorrow (Monday) and just move all my runs back from there so I will be a little behind everyone but Im totally ok with that just as long as I stick with it.

Keep moving everyone!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have been unable to do my W1D3 yet. I was supposed to run it on Saturday but as it turned out we were out of town all day and today I was too busy with church and errands. I guess I will run it tomorrow (Monday) and just move all my runs back from there so I will be a little behind everyone but Im totally ok with that just as long as I stick with it.

Keep moving everyone!

You'll be all right some arent doing their w2d1 till tue so your not really behind !!

Thanks for the pep talk!!

I dont have time usually in the mornings or I do another class at the gym so I usually do mid afternoon!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options

Definitely morning for me..... gets the day off to a positive start and if I leave it till the end of the day I will always find an excuse and put it off.... i also feel so good after it that I seem to find it easier to eat better/healthier for the rest of the day.... if by chance I have time and I feel like it I can always have a bonus walk in the evening...... especially if I need the extra calories

Lisa :)
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options

I have to get up early and do it before my kids wake up or I don't do it at all. I'm a SAHM too so it's not like I can't find time to do it the rest of the day. I just find 1000 reasons to do something else instead or my daughter decides we're going to do something else.

W2D3 done! I have to run on the treadmill to do this so today I bumped my incline up to 2% from 1% to make up for being indoors. I could still do it. Bring on week 3!
  • polarcubby
    Options

So far I've been running in the evening. I get home from work late, it's dark and there's no people on the streets. So I take the dog and off we go. It's just so easy to follow this schedule! No place to put it off or find an excuse not to do it. The dog has to go outside in the evening! So I come home from work at the same time, change, and go!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • sherrirb
    Options

So far I've been running in the evening. I get home from work late, it's dark and there's no people on the streets. So I take the dog and off we go. It's just so easy to follow this schedule! No place to put it off or find an excuse not to do it. The dog has to go outside in the evening! So I come home from work at the same time, change, and go!

I run with my dog too.. She doesnt run.. she is still walking as I attempt to run..... :P
    Its actually nice having that companion for the run, isnt it? I like having her there, she stays at my pace and doesn't out-run or lag behind and thats really nice. I dont think I could run steady with another person because we would both have our own pace. Summer stays right with me, well.. when she isn't trying to cross in front of me because of soemthing she smelled, but thats ok. I still like having company. :) My goal is by W4 to actually have her trotting!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    So how is everyones first day of week 2 going? I haven't done mine yet will probley do it in the next couple of hours!! my knee is bothering me today so hope its not to bad when I decide to do it!1
  • GoneBananas
    Options
    So, week 2 isn't as fun as week 1 was for me. The app crashed half way through the workout and when I tried to pick up from where I left off, the timer started from the warm up. I had to keep my eye on the timer and ignore the signals. The whole thing was kind of disappointing for starting a new week. But I made it home! I'm not sure if I did more or less than the usual 20 minutes, but I'm glad I didn't throw in the towel and quit.

I'm also really jealous that you guys get to run with your dogs. I have a chubby dachshund that hates to run more than me.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I just started yesterday, 10/16/11. Felt amazing! Can't wait to keep going. Clarification- it's a 3-day a week workout, correct? The treadmill version I printed out has 3 workouts for each week. May sound like a dumb question but I just want to make sure i'm doing it right!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Hey all! I just started yesterday, 10/16/11. Felt amazing! Can't wait to keep going. Clarification- it's a 3-day a week workout, correct? The treadmill version I printed out has 3 workouts for each week. May sound like a dumb question but I just want to make sure i'm doing it right!

Great job! and Yep its 3 days a week!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    So, week 2 isn't as fun as week 1 was for me. The app crashed half way through the workout and when I tried to pick up from where I left off, the timer started from the warm up. I had to keep my eye on the timer and ignore the signals. The whole thing was kind of disappointing for starting a new week. But I made it home! I'm not sure if I did more or less than the usual 20 minutes, but I'm glad I didn't throw in the towel and quit.

I'm also really jealous that you guys get to run with your dogs. I have a chubby dachshund that hates to run more than me.

way to go!!! So proud of you I would have probley thrown in the towel!!!!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    I did W1D3 tonite even tho I almost found an excuse not to. Temperature is startin to drop and it was really chilly. But I got the dog leash and flashlight and went anyways. Summer was pretty anxious to get movin so I couldnt let her down.
    My app didnt show my entire route again, but I nearly got the 2 miles completed in the 30 min run!
    I am really tempted to repeat W1 because I know it would probably benefit me but I am going to give W2 a try and then decide.

Feelin a bit lite-headed after the run, and tired now. Calves didnt tighten up as much as they did on my last run. Good deal!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Well I wasn't going to do W2D1 today but I felt so guilty because all I did today was Jillians 30 day shred so I couldn't stand it anymore and went to the gym and did it!!

I thought the first 3 intervals weren't to bad was pretty excited that I was hanging...the last 2 were so hard for me.. MY right shin was hurts so bad I felt like I was just dragging that leg!! and by the way I HATE THE TREADMILL!!! I barely made it the 2 miles this time.

I can't ever imagine this getting easier LOL (unless I weighed 100lbs les)