C25K Training Group: October 16 to December 4, 2011

Options

Replies

• realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    W2D3 is in the books. I really had to push myself because I did not sleep well at all last night. Today I did it mainly on dirt/sand to make it a bit harder. I am already thinking about my race day playlist! I am soo excited!

Keep up the great work...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • caitymay1
    caitymay1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    W1D1 done (again)... I think it was a combination of overeating and having a really heavy lunch, but my walk/run just sucked! I was absolutely miserable! I chugged down a bunch of water before leaving, so after my second interval I started getting a cramp in my side, and the cold air affected my lungs a lot more than last time - I have asthma that only acts up when I run, not during any other exercise - and felt like I couldn't breathe the entire time! I skipped one of the running intervals because it just hurt so much. I'm going to the gym tomorrow, so I'm gonna try to do a couple longer intervals on the treadmill, amongst my other workouts. Trying on wedding dresses with my sister-in-law (to-be) before the gym for motivation tomorrow, super stoked! haha
  • nikkiloseit
    nikkiloseit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Excellent, thanks. I am in and already have the 5k picked out...Santa Run in Vegas!

Great Job! In no time, you will running like an athelete!

W1D2 is going pretty well, I managed to run a whole three times around the neighborhood and walk the ending and beginning. I only spent about 20 minutes, but ehh. This with p90X is a killer.

I'm so glad to hear about everyone's progresses and I am hoping you all keep up the great work!
  • ktjones3
    Options
    I completed W1D1 C25K yesterday. I'm so glad I came across this! I'd love to join the challenge and be held accountable for ACTUALLY doing it. I'm looking forward to completing this. I want so badly to be a "runner" I enjoy it for the most part already. My stamina just isn't where it needs to be right now. Planning on running my first 5K at the end of the year :) Good luck to everyone!
  • wyangel
    wyangel Posts: 36
    Options
    I did W1D2 today and I feel great! I just keep telling myself when that alarm goes off, how great I'm going to feel. And I guess I'm slow - I walk at 2.5 and jog at 4.0 for right now. I'm sure I'll build up as I go along. Keep it up everyone! Don't forget to journal your food, too. Nutrition is 80% of the battle.
  • dianerml
    dianerml Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing day 2 tomorrow. I am thinking of signing up for a 5k December 18th as motivation to keep going. I don't want to waste a $38 registration fee! Plus the satisfaction of completing it would be a great Christmas present to myself. What do you guys think?
  • Jones4177
    Jones4177 Posts: 136
    Options
    Did my Week 1 Day 2 yesterday, feeling good!!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Please can I join in late- although I am a titch ahead as I completed D1W4 yesterday - but just found this group and you seem like a lovely group of people.

I have not done any running at all since I left school way back......... way way back really as I am 55 and after a very bumpy few years am finally beginning to take care of myself.

I have always loved walking - and have done that daily for more than a year now. When the idea of actually running entered my brain Ï thought I had finally lost it. I remember my husband ( who I lost to a brain tumour last year) used to make joking comments about runners and I would defend them saying - they probably gained pleasure from it in a similar way to how we loved walking. I would never have believed that I would actually ever be running and getting such a buzz out of it!

I live right on the coast in Western Australia and the little Westie in my profile pic is my walking and running buddy, He loooooves running!!!

Debbie
  • alhoward8
    Options
    Well, I had planned on doing W1D2 this evening but I am SOOOOOOOO tired today. I ate a later dinner (I just finished) but I am going to try to drag myself off to the gym in a little bit once my dinner has a chance to settle. If not I will do it tomorrow. :ohwell:
  • subela
    subela Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm jumping in. I started today W1D1. I walked 3.5 and jogged 5.5. I ran for 6 months when I was 30 and completed a 5K in under 30 min. Now 25 years older and 25 lbs heavier. I would love to be a runner again. I'm doing it on a treadmill that I have access to at work. I'm keeping track. It took 26 minutes and I burned 171 cal and ran 1.6 miles.
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Completed W1 D2. This was a really hard run for me. The temperature has dropped by about 20 degrees since the last run and running outside was difficult. Looking forward to Day 3!
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    repeated W1D1 this evening so i could go thru the program with a co-worker in addition to all you fine people. :-) my first time out was monday and the cold air just about killed me. moved it indoors to a treadmill and repeated the first run and i felt SOOO much better afterwards! i get along much better with warm air apparently! super excited to see how i feel after W1D2 (which i plan on completing friday).
  • nikkiloseit
    nikkiloseit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1 D3! I did it with the app this time and I feel amazing! I took a 15 minute walk before and then a 30 minute brisk walk after to deposit as much lactic acid as possible. I'm very happy, and I cannot wait to go tomorrow. :p
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of you had a greaat day today! I am doing W3D1 tomorrow morning. Actually looking forward to it! The last time I did the program Week 3 and Week 8 were the most difficult, but it is amazing how your body adapts if you put in the work consistantly!

Keep it up! We got this!!!
  • srandle175
    Options
    I think the complete week for the C25K if we started on the 16th should be the week of the 11th but my calculations could be wrong also ;) But there is so many people at different levels the complete date will be different for a lot of people.
  • srandle175
    Options
    I was suppose to do W1D2 this evening but I got home to late. Tomorrow is suppose to be my day off I will do it then. Great job to everyone. Keep up the good work!!!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    From my experience so far - as limited as it is - the finish dates will continue to be even more widely spread, not because of the start date necessarily but because of varying reasons people have to postpone days - or repeat days or even repeat weeks. My daughter started a week behind me - but then injured her foot slightly so she is now a week and a half behind. The other factor will be the cold weather that you in the Northern Hemisphere have coming in the next months and all the winter ails that go with it.My guess is that by the end of it we will be spread out over months.

Happy running folks - and hopefully not too many sore bits:)

Debbie
  • gail16
    gail16 Posts: 94
    Options
    Day 2 of week 1 completed this morning. I'm going to try and do day 3 tomorrow as I have a busy weekend coming up and not sure if I'll fit it in.
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of week 1 completed this morning. I'm going to try and do day 3 tomorrow as I have a busy weekend coming up and not sure if I'll fit it in.

way to plan ahead! hope day 3 goes well :smile:
  • ktjones3
    Options
    I finished W1D2 yesterday. Felt good :) Running again today, although I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not..